• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Understable Distance Driver

Best Understable Distance Driver

• Katana

Votes: 20 17.2%
  • Monarch

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Beast

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Roadrunner

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Sidewinder

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Rogue

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Inferno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • Other* (see below)

Votes: 25 21.6%

• Total voters
Valkyrie, in Champ or Star. Nice turnover, hyzer flip disc, without turning too far. Been happy with mine at 350ish.

Quarter K II

The disc you are looking for is a

Quarter K II

Its faster than a sidewinder with a little more turn and a little more come back than a roadrunner.

The plastic is not too shabby this time around either.
It is a shallow disc so it comes out the hand nicely, and BOMBS.

If you want super flippy, get a Quest Defender.

I love those, but for long annys I have started to use forehand, but I might work the Defender back in since I can put a little more hyzer angle on it and get it to come back left some and the thing goes a long way.

For those throwing 250', I imagine it would make a cool S probably longer than most discs you have.

How about a thumber??? That is my long anny unless there is too many overhanging trees. Nice and accurate too. not all that bouncing and rolling crap you get with some throws.

how far are you able to throw? how much snap do you have? what disc are you able/not able to turnover? if you cant put enough snap or throw hard enough some of those on that list arnt going to be very understable for you.
Katana - not so much an understable disc unless you can throw it 400ft. otherwise it will be most straight and stable for you.
Monarch - holds a descent line but i didnt find it that versatile
Beast - a great disc if your a 300' thrower. you'll be able to get great distance and very versatile. as your power increases it will turn into a great turnover disc.
Roadrunner - great roller and turnover disc. nothing like the rest. takes very lil power to turnover. i was surprised how well it flew in the wind also.
Sidewinder - a slightly more stable roadrunner. another good disc if you dont have alot of power.
Rogue - a good turnover disc with a slight finishing fade. very consistent. a great utility driver for lower power players.
Inferno - pretty much the same thing as a rogue. my only issue is from run to run their are inconsistency in flight. great tailwind driver and good glide.
Valkyrie - essentially a slightly slower beast. very controlable and predictable. i use mine more as a fairway driver and placement disc.
my suggestions:
if you throw ~300' - id suggest the valkyrie/beast/sidewinder
~300'-350' - go with the rogue
~350'+ - well i dont really suggest the katana. i watch how several of my pro level friends throw it and they dont use it as a understable turnover disc. the use it more for long straight drives.

id say your choice is between the beast and rogue. id choose the beast mainly because its more readily available. an avenger SS would also be a good choice.

My star Valk is pretty understable now. Put a bunch of hyzer on it and it flips goes right and might come back to the left a little.

A trashed Champ Valk is my vote. Great flip disc and more versatile than my second choice, a trashed Champ monarch b/c it's a one trick pony. It only does runaway turnovers that will not fade back.

My Valk won't come back either if I release it flat but if I put a little hyzer on it, it'll jump on that anny line for a long time and just fade back a little at the end for nice bombs.