• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Finally got of my lazy arse and reserved a tent spot at the KOA. Will be driving out of Pittsburgh either Tuesday night or Wednesday early morning to get in some practice rounds Wednesday and Thursday. If your buddy needs someone to play with Dupa, let me know. Can't wait for this!

Josh,

My Nephew and Sister will be playing as well as another Pittsburgher. Hopefully we will run into you down there.

What day are you heading down?
Kim and I are staying at the Microtel.

Tuesday night if I can crash at a friend's place in Cinci. Otherwise Wednesday morning. Hopefully Tuesday night so I can get a round in at Idlewild as my first experience wasn't good and I gotta give it another shot.

Tuesday night if I can crash at a friend's place in Cinci. Otherwise Wednesday morning. Hopefully Tuesday night so I can get a round in at Idlewild as my first experience wasn't good and I gotta give it another shot.

Cool....we are doing basically the same thing. Heading out early am Wed and playing and staying in cincy then heading down the rest of the way on Thur.

i was one of those who quit last year.. final round was white course and was doing horrible. after my second 7 i looked over to the parking lot.. my car was 190 feet away and the next 3 holes was taking me way far away and with my temper i opted for the closer of the two.. i wont do that this year.. that was my first b.g. tournament and learned alot.. went to that g.b.o. shortly after that and it was unplayable.. so i'll come back to b.g. and never quit again.. (i dont think) oh yeah, i would have cashed about 30th place had i finished those last 3 holes. who knew.
come on buddy. i dont want to hear of you quitting this year. stay in it and you might even beat me :D

Finally got of my lazy arse and reserved a tent spot at the KOA. Will be driving out of Pittsburgh either Tuesday night or Wednesday early morning to get in some practice rounds Wednesday and Thursday. If your buddy needs someone to play with Dupa, let me know. Can't wait for this!

Josh we have a big crew from Memphis coming in on Wed morning staying at the KOA. Im sure we will run into you. Its always a great time there.

Looks like there are seven getting bumped up out of rec. Correct me if im wrong. The ratings are up now.

Well it looks like the Pandamonium Crew is rolling 4 cars deep full of Competition and the greatest discs and apparel you will ever see in your life.

Me and another guy I'm traveling with got bumped out of Rec. Int here we come! I was counting on ratings from a prior tourney to get fixed, all divisions were recorded as having played from the same pads. Well they did change but they didn't change nearly as much as expected; turns out the pros weren't pulling us up too much we were dragging them down.

HB, out of the three of us traveling together from Florida all planning to play rec, 2 got bumped up. Will the third guy be able to switch to int as well? We will only have one car to get everyone to their rounds. If not I'm sure we could work it out but I'm just wondering if it's an option.

Players Bumped with rating update

There were 8 rec players that have improved into Intermediate.
There were 3 Intermediate players who improved into Advanced.

All have been moved and notified by e-mail.

The players on the wait list that requested recreational divisions (Pools G & H) have been invited (or moved - one woman player). The invites have 48 hours before their invitation expires, and I move down the list.

Unless players drop out of the event in the next two days, I do not expect any more openings in Advanced (Pools A & B), Intermediate (Pools E & F), or Advanced Master and Advanced Sr. GM (Pool C) prior to closing registration Wednesday March 27th.

After that date we will proceed to set the pools, make leader boards, mow some grass, stuff many players packages, and be ready for the games to begin.

There are a couple slots open for Adv GM and Adv Women (pool D) if any one "qualifies".

Thanks HB for all the work you and your crew do. Last year was my first time at this event and I can't wait till the 12th. I definitely have some unfinished business to tend to...especially at Phil Moore! It is quite a treat to have an event like this available to me. An for everyone in the Adv Masters group...BRING IT!

Me and another guy I'm traveling with got bumped out of Rec. Int here we come! I was counting on ratings from a prior tourney to get fixed, all divisions were recorded as having played from the same pads. Well they did change but they didn't change nearly as much as expected; turns out the pros weren't pulling us up too much we were dragging them down.

HB, out of the three of us traveling together from Florida all planning to play rec, 2 got bumped up. Will the third guy be able to switch to int as well? We will only have one car to get everyone to their rounds. If not I'm sure we could work it out but I'm just wondering if it's an option.

If you guys are at the Marriott I can give him a ride as both me and my son are playing Rec.

HB,
Have you contacted the people that are not current to remind them they have to be for this tourny? There are alot of them...

Florida guys - sent an e-mail as well . . . but as others have noted in this thread: rides are easy to come by, and dropping off is not much a problem as well.

The PDGA weekly upload for membership is on Wednesday, so that will clear quite a few up. I did send reminders to the dozen or so that had no PDGA # (not members) and many had new numbers, and many had no idea current membership IS required.

If you membership is not current when we set the pools, you will be required to show proof (card or receipt) before you get your players package at check in.