• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

If you guys are at the Marriott I can give him a ride as both me and my son are playing Rec.

We are at the Microtel but I appreciate it. We will look at it closer after pools come out. I'm sure coming from south FL I'm picturing it to be more of a problem than it is, we dont have any 2 courses that are less than 20 mins away from each other.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it will rain that weekend? I hope I'm wrong but rain or shine...it will be the weekend of the year!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else think it will rain that weekend? I hope I'm wrong but rain or shine...it will be the weekend of the year!!!

Probability of Precipitation at Some Point in the Day in April
probability_of_precipitation_at_some_point_in_the_day_in_april_percent_pct.png

http://weatherspark.com/averages/29835/4/Bowling-Green-Kentucky-United-States

Dear People,
Someone please drop out of MA1 and let HB know today. My chances are looking very slim at making it into the field this year. Help if you can please.
Thank you,
Tyler

Wind Speed in April
wind_speed_in_april_windSpeed_mph.png

This will be my undoing. We don't get a ton of windy days in Pittsburgh to practice the putting.

My worst rounds in past BG's were White and Preston Miller on windy days. Pittsburgh's courses just don't prepare you for that stuff.

My worst rounds in past BG's were White and Preston Miller on windy days. Pittsburgh's courses just don't prepare you for that stuff.

I practiced last week throwing an all putter round at a wide open pitch and putt in 30+mph wind. Learning to throw an approach shot into that type of headwind was TOUGH...but i got some good info from making myself do it for an hour or so.

Just took 5 KC Aviars out there, and threw until i could do it....worked on a forehand putter roller into the wind too....didn't go so well. hopefully all my wind practice the last few months will do me good on the more open courses of BG Ams.

Here's a tip from a BG player: we hate the wind too. Get a zone, drone, Firebird, etc and throw hyzers

I actually was having great luck throwing an anhyzer line (almost a max d line) with my aviar into head wind. Probably about a 30-40 deg angle to the left (RHBH) and it was reliably fading in toward the basket. I kept trying to hold a hyzer line, and it would flip uncontrollably on me. (meaning i didn't know how much or when it would flip, so i couldn't play the flip).

Started parking the hole consistently throwing that shot though. Surprised the hell out of me. But basically i was taking the unreliable flip out of the game, and just playing the certain anhyzer line to the basket. I probably threw 30 shots into the same wind trying different throws, and this anny line was the best (for wide open shot at least) gonna try it again but with drivers if I play in bad wind again in the coming weeks.

The article on discraft's site about dealing with the wind was a great help to me. All about knowing what the wind will do to your disc, and insuring you throw the disc that will handle that effect the best. So not always just hyzer, but sometimes an anny is the best move, or how the wind affects the skip at the end of a throw, etc.

http://www.discraft.com/res_wind06_p1.html

this is about right

tumblr_mft08qmQ631s1x70vo1_500.gif

The video could be from the final 9 a couple years ago - Field behind Wah-Bahs is no fun in the wind. Add me to the Wind-Haters club, I've had the misfortune of playing Phil Moore in wind or the wind/rain mix each of the past two years - Not a fun experience!

I actually was having great luck throwing an anhyzer line (almost a max d line) with my aviar into head wind. Probably about a 30-40 deg angle to the left (RHBH) and it was reliably fading in toward the basket. I kept trying to hold a hyzer line, and it would flip uncontrollably on me. (meaning i didn't know how much or when it would flip, so i couldn't play the flip).

Started parking the hole consistently throwing that shot though. Surprised the hell out of me. But basically i was taking the unreliable flip out of the game, and just playing the certain anhyzer line to the basket. I probably threw 30 shots into the same wind trying different throws, and this anny line was the best (for wide open shot at least) gonna try it again but with drivers if I play in bad wind again in the coming weeks.

The article on discraft's site about dealing with the wind was a great help to me. All about knowing what the wind will do to your disc, and insuring you throw the disc that will handle that effect the best. So not always just hyzer, but sometimes an anny is the best move, or how the wind affects the skip at the end of a throw, etc.http://www.discraft.com/res_wind06_p1.html

There is certainly more than one way to deal with the wind, but (with a direct headwind) I've always just thrown something so overstable that it will fly the same no matter what the wind is doing. i.e. zones drones and firebirds

I'm in!! just registered!

Congratulations sire! Welcome to the Show! :clap:

Now, like Crash Davis once taught me, we need to work on your cliches...write this down: "I'm just glad to be here...", "...the Good Lord willin', things'll work out...", "...hope I can help the ball club.." wait, what?