• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

I like the pack for hauling discs. I've carried it for about a dozen rounds and it is an ergonomic bag. It's comfy and quick on/off even with my tall frame and wide shoulders.

For the size of the pack it doesn't carry many discs. Each shelf carries 3 discs easily (a 4th can be squeezed in the top shelf) for a total of 13 discs. The bottom of the main compartment will hold 5 more and is wide enough to carry a Condor. With 2 putters in the pocket, it tops out for me with 20 discs. The DD Soldier I have carries the same amount of discs in 1/3 of the size. So it's a bit of a toss up, the Ergo 2 carries larger things more easily with the side pockets but it also feels gigantic compared to the Soldier with quad straps. I realize these bags are not an apple to apple comparison, I'm just mentioning the DD Soldier as a size reference.

My delivery time was great, very efficient custom build time and delivery.

The drink holders should be made deeper. Nalgenes, Gatoraids, and 32 oz Coleman bottles fall out immediately if the bag needs to be laid horizontally on the ground. If I'm wearing the pack and bend over to pickup a disc, the bottle falls out about half the time.

The keeper elastic for the main flap feels 'meh'. I'd like to see that replaced with a simple velcro holders inside the pack. That would hold the flap more securely without the inevitable wear out of the elastic band.

The rainfly on the Ergo 2 is great, it integrates well with the pack.

The top and bottom pockets both have 2 zippers. I can't see why this is needed or helpful. The zips are so short having the double zipper doesn't really provide anything to the pack other than extra jingling while walking. Also, on the bottom pocket the extra zipper means more metal to disc rubbing contact with my putters.

I like the heavier duty cordura used on the bottom of the pack.

Just traded my Grip A-Series for a custom Forest Green Ergo2. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. The Grip just wasn't all that comfortable to me. Prior to getting the Grip bag, I carried a Cabela's XPS tackle bag and it was great. Still have it but only use it for fishing now.

Can you post a picture of that Forest Green?

how do you like it?

sorry for the late response. im really digging it alot. there are a few things here and there i would change. but when you have both shoulder straps on and the chest buckle fastened its is the most comfortable bag i have ever carried. the storage comes up a litte short but i dont carry much with me anyways (bugspray,first aid,birdie bag,cigs and such). i only keep a few discs in the slots and the rest at the bottom. it does topple a little bit on uneven surfaces, but all bags will. i wish the top of the shoulder straps and the back of the top storage were attached together. feel like that would pulll it closer to the top of your shoulders. im missing the top storage of my ranger bag. other than that. no complaints about this bag. very comfortable

Had the handle rip loose on the bag I purchased in April... I sent in a pic of the issue and he sent me a new bag right away. Good business. :)
The new bag I received has a slightly different design. The straps seem a bit longer/narrower, and the handle appears to be reinforced better and doesn't have the padded tube over it. Also, there's a sternum strap on this one.

Anybody have issues with the disc sleeves not being sturdy enough? Mine have crumpled and creased after 12 rounds. Feels like there is cardboard in there instead of a sturdy rigid plastic. Contacted them and got a quick response and the promise of a return label. Still waiting on that return label five days later. I have sent several follow up emails with no response. They said they would fix my issues with their quality and I hope they follow through.

John came through today with shipping label and said they are going to remove old disc sleeves and replace with new rigid set. Pretty excited about this as that was my only issue with the bag. Everything on the Ergo2 is top notch construction.

Finally got to use the rain fly on my Ergo 2 today, and it was fantastic. Fit around the sides even with a water bottle in the holder, and the easy access to discs was excellent. It's not often we get rain in these parts, but it was so nice to know I could take my bag out and not worry about my stuff getting wet. I saw a couple guys out on the course with a Ranger and a Grip C-14, and I was quite pleased with my purchase in comparison.

Got a question for you guys, I've finally have been able to play a bit with my new Ergo2.

Only issue I have is when picking it up from the strap at the top of the shoulder straps the bag wants to tip forward and dump the discs. I played yesterday and ended up with discs out of the bag a few times from just picking it up. Anyone else have that issue?

Does anybody with an ergo 2 also use a 32 oz. hydroflask? Im curious if they fit and how secure they are in the holder...

Does anybody with an ergo 2 also use a 32 oz. hydroflask? Im curious if they fit and how secure they are in the holder...

they fit fine, a bit loose, but wont fall out unless you make it. And if you're really concerned about the bottle falling out you can jam a micro fiber in with it to make it fit very snug.

I love my Ergo2 but the only issue I have is that it does not want to stand up on its own very well. It rides tight and high on my back, so it probably has something to do with weight distribution. The new Ergo looks neat, so I may end up selling mine. I do not really need to though, as the 2 is just such nice quality I hate to let it go.

Awesome thanks for the reply. Im looking at getting one for a lighter weight bag in comparison to my grip a13 for casual rounds

Has anyone opted to not use this bag vertically? I watched his video explanation of the bag again outta the blue and noticed he had his discs set more like a traditional backpack. I tried this on mine and it bulges horribly out into my back and is unwearable. Also my inside dividers set to vertical mode have started to slightly start leaning to one side and one has developed a crease from me rubbing against it putting discs back in the lower section.

Got a question for you guys, I've finally have been able to play a bit with my new Ergo2.

Only issue I have is when picking it up from the strap at the top of the shoulder straps the bag wants to tip forward and dump the discs. I played yesterday and ended up with discs out of the bag a few times from just picking it up. Anyone else have that issue?

I can turn my bag upside down and the discs don't come out. The metal frame is just tight enough to make it simple to turn a disc in, but impossible for it to fall out. I wonder if your frame is bent?

I think the Ergo2 is great here is my answer to two questions.

I have suffered this several times. It may depend on how many discs you carry. If the bag is rammed full they are less likely to tip out.

I carry 4 or 5 midranges in the top sleeve which have never fallen out. The next sleeve holds 3/4 main drivers and below that another 4/5. The bottom sleeve holds about 5 discs with another few below that on the bottom of the bag. Its the middle two sleeves that seem to shed discs. Bear in mind that except for between holes a disc is always missing from the bag (ie the thrown disc) so they are not as tightly packed. I could ram another disc into the middle sleeves but i'm afraid of ripping the material as its a really tight fit. I now just try to be careful when picking up / putting down the bag. Not a big deal.

I've used in both vertical and horizontal set up. I prefer horizontal (as designed). The bag does not feel as good when discs are vertical, the discs push into your back. Saying this I do tend to go vertical when using the rain fly (which is excellent) or when carrying loads of stuff in the side pockets as full pockets bulge into the main compartment and makes getting discs out a bit of a faff.

All said the good things far outweigh the bad things and I love this bag.

I can turn my bag upside down and the discs don't come out. The metal frame is just tight enough to make it simple to turn a disc in, but impossible for it to fall out. I wonder if your frame is bent?

My frame was actually bent and then it broke.

All in all, I really like the comfort of the bag and how it fits on my back but I doubt I'll buy another. There is virtually no storage in it and having to arrange my discs so they don't fall out is kind of a pain.

But....it is extremely easy for me to carry. Its a hard choice.

Latest posts