• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Nuisance

Biggest Nuisance?

• POISON

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • THORNS

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • SHULE

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • DISC EATING EVERGREENS

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • SOGGY FOOTING

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • ROCKY FOOTING

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BAD TEES

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • BAD BASKETS

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • GRAFFITI

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • HIGH GRASS

Votes: 32 22.7%

• Total voters
No results found for Shule

AJ%20at%20CVMS%20in%20the%20shule-2.jpg

Is the poll supposed to say "Poison Ivy" instead of just simple "Poison"? If not, then yes, poison would probably pose the biggest threat on any course. And if so, please give me a heads up on what courses have a problem with poison so I can avoid playing there.

Last edited:
Is the poll supposed to say "Poison Ivy" instead of just simple "Poison"? If not, yes poison would probably pose the biggest threat on any course. And if so, please give me a heads up on what courses have a problem with poison so I can avoid playing there?

I think they were trying to lump together all the poison plants. Ivy, Sumac, Oak.

i hate thorns
i met the stinking nettle plant last week... stinging pain across the whole calf all night and damn if my lower leg wasn't numb for over 18 hours after brushing against that.

Is the poll supposed to say "Poison Ivy" instead of just simple "Poison"? If not, then yes, poison would probably pose the biggest threat on any course. And if so, please give me a heads up on what courses have a problem with poison so I can avoid playing there.
thats some funny chit mane good one:)

I always thought of shule as the undergrowth in an area that forms a kind of "carpet" on the ground -- ivy (poison or not) and other vine-type plants come to mind. Objects (especially discs, which are flat and can come in on a low approach) can slide under this "carpet" and be concealed pretty well. I could be thinking wrong, though.

No…. I think that is poison:

Isn't shule little gremlins that hangout on tree branches of wooded courses and deflect disk from the basket? That or kudzu or vines…..

Im shocked to see bad baskets not higher up! Yes, tall grass and all that jazz is a pain to deal with..but keep it in the fairway and you don't have to worry :D I had a possible tournament ace and it literally hit every chain the basket had...hit the bottom of the basket and then plopped right out becuase the basket was SOOO shallow..like Mach 1 shallow...the baskets were installed in the course since like 1985 and havn't been updated...needless to say I was pissed nothing like making a great drive and approach and then come up to a rickety basket and have a spit out...

i wish i could vote for long grass again...it just ate my elite Z Surge SS (my favorite disc...and discraft are hard to find in my area) The grass was only a foot tall but very thick. the disc gods have smited me...:(

i learned to play on the original baskets(single chains) so i'm used to spit outs on putts and aces...the course was installed in 1978 and more chains were added in the 90's...helps a little bit..i voted for bad tees though..nothing worse imo..

My vote is for tall grass. Our parks department bought 18 new Innova baskets and gave us a park that is empty and said build your course.. The baskets have been in over a year now and the course has been mowed 2 times. The grass is so tall nobody is willing to even try to play the course.

Latest posts