• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bill Allen DGC, The Colony, TX 18 holes?

How much work needs to be done? Timeline of when it will be in the ground

I heard from a guy this past weekend that the back 9 is going to share te baskets with the front? This isnt going to be another Shawnee disaster is it?

I asked Gary Duke to contact the Colony parks & rec. He is the TX state coordinator and I believe part of that post is design validation for new courses. They have set up a meeting to show him the proposed design and he said they seem open to suggestions but he hopes it will be fine and not need any tweaking.

i have seen the new layout and it IS NOT on top of the 9 that is currently there now, they are adding the other 9 in the back around the pond and the mini amphitheatre (sp?). Rain has spoiled voluunter efforts the last couple of weeks, but they do have full intentions of doing this....I look for this to be finished by the end of the year.

Word from Gary Duke,
"I have good news and bad news.

Good news is the crew seems to have a good basic understanding of disc golf.

Bad news: if you like the current course, you will not like the new layout.

The preliminary map measures about 6300 feet.

This is a rough layout from our walk through today."
http://www.lsdga.com/maps/thecolony.html

Some holes are the same from the old layout. Assuming there are some alley's in there I don't think it would be a bad layout. Averaging 350 ft per hole isn't too by IMO

Because that it a puppy course and 350 average is not for puppies

quite the walk from 9 to 10
wow 6 is pretty long
the only holes that are staying put are 1,2 17,18
alot of cleanout work will be required if they want to make holes 8-14 nice

i think this has the chance to be a pretty good layout and will definatley bring more people to my home course

quite the walk from 9 to 10
wow 6 is pretty long
the only holes that are staying put are 1,2 17,18
alot of cleanout work will be required if they want to make holes 8-14 nice

i think this has the chance to be a pretty good layout and will definatley bring more people to my home course

Yes and if they would do a little dirt work to fill some of the low spots it would be money

The colony is effing far from me but once it is done then I'll have a valid excuse to go and play this course and rockwall. A good hour and a half two hour drive from my pad...

I think the map is just something Duke tossed together. It isn't exact or anything like that.

My concern is what will they do for tee boxes. the current ones were/are terrible.

1time, it looks to me like the new course avoids most of the swamp areas on the current layout. I'm no expert on that course though.

That whole place is a swamp though. No but for real, if they are going to do all of the new course stuff a couple trucks of dirt wouldnt hurt either

Latest posts