• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Streak

I have two so many times it wasn't even funny, but never three or better. I don't call two a birdie streak, just like two wins in a row, right, Lou Brown?

Lou Brown (played by Berenger) in Major League II: "We won a game yesterday. If we win one today, that's two in a row. If we win one more, it's called a winning streak. It has happened before."

Many courses I play don't give me opps to hit three in a row so I'd have to make a fifty plus footer with my skills (or lack thereof) to have a "birdie streak"

Andrew

6 in a row at Mesquite Grove in Chandler
5 in a row at Los Olivos in Phoenix
5 in a row at Buffalo Ridge (two of them being longer than 50'--that was a REALLY good round).

8, twice

Forest Lawn in Calgary, Holes 5-9 and 1-3 (I started on Hole 4). Shot a 19 on the front nine, then proceeded to just shoot even on the back.

And more recently at Baker Park in calgary, holes 11 to 18. Ended up with a 43 being my lowest score on 18 holes ever. Pretty proud of that one since there was a fair bit of snow on the ground and was playing in winter boots/clothing.

Nice work on both. That Baker run and final score is particularly sweet though, 17 is a monster bird!

6 is my best. I managed to birdie the first 6 holes at Bellamy Park one day, with hole 4 being a monster 100ft+ uphill shot that I didn't expect to make. True to form, I proceeded to triple bogey hole 7 and 10 and finish at par for the day :doh:

In the past 15 weeks (since I've downloaded Discasaurus) I've done 2 in a row three times. And my only ace came after 2 straight birdies as well. If I've ever gone past a streak of 2, I sure don't remember it.

And now that I've typed that... I feel really bad about myself. Kudos to some of y'all hitting crazy streaks, though.

My best is 8 birdies and an ace on the 9 hole Azalea in St Pete (-10 on 9 holes). Not a hard course. Holes are from 200-345.

( 3 ) back 18 la mirada holes 1,2 and 3. Only one time and haven't had 2 birds in a row since lol

I just had a personal best last night, 5 birdies in a row. Hole 16 through hole 20 at max e roper park. Before that my best was 3. :clap:

Back at Woodland Mound again today, birdied the ravine-crossing, 320' #12, then hit the pin on the 300 footer coming back, and proceeded to birdie out, tying my best streak at 7. :D
...of course this is an easy course that I've now played 120 times, but I'll keep going back because I DON'T have an ace there, yet! :wall:

I remember Greg Williams telling me he had 27 in a row during a tourney at Horizon Park.

Horizons Park Classic, June 17-18, 2000:

rd 2: hole 14-18;
rd 3: hole 1-18 (yeah, 18 under par);
rd 4: hole 1 thru 4.

Be really interesting to see what his round rating was, and what his aggregate rating for the tournament was.

17, par on hole 18 left me with no option but to call an ace on hole 19/practice basket at Ottawa park in Toledo Ohio for the perfect round of -19 for 19 holes.... Thanks to Derek Drew, Rob Camp, and the dude in the white car, cant remember your name for the inspirational bowls along the way. Best Doubles round of my life ;)

Latest posts