• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines gets a ZERO?

Looks like I'm barking up the wrong tree since you are a big proponent of profiling... "Did you know more crimes are committed by black people than white people? We could enforce the law better if we started profiling suspicious black people more."

Should've known I was arguing with a conservative racist douchebox. Here's a metaphor you can better understand, you are the Rush Limbaugh of dgcr, just because you say more, talk louder, put down people and use arguments lacking meaningful points doesn't mean you have an ounce of credibility. Please enjoy my black president for the next six years.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

This guy knows how to read people.

Looks like I'm barking up the wrong tree since you are a big proponent of profiling... "Did you know more crimes are committed by black people than white people? We could enforce the law better if we started profiling suspicious black people more."

Should've known I was arguing with a conservative racist douchebox. Here's a metaphor you can better understand, you are the Rush Limbaugh of dgcr, just because you say more, talk louder, put down people and use arguments lacking meaningful points doesn't mean you have an ounce of credibility. Please enjoy my black president for the next six years.

You HONESTLY feel that this is somehow a profiling issue? What is the profile again? I'm puzzled.

To actually make a valid comment on this thread: Sounds like perhaps OP and course maintenance guy were having a bad day each; and happened to meet up with each other.

Blue Ribbon Pines is in the top ten for a reason. It's at least a four rated course. Having only been there once; I did not review it; as I plan on getting back sometime soon. I believe I will give it better than a 4 rating; but there is no elevation. A number of the courses in the Minn./St. Paul area have some of the best amenities available anywhere in the country. Stuff they are doing with tees and walkways and greens is something else. The water hole I believe OP is speaking of; is a difficult hole....if you're not long off the tee; it's nearly impossible to be dry, without laying up very short...

To actually make a valid comment on this thread: Sounds like perhaps OP and course maintenance guy were having a bad day each; and happened to meet up with each other.

Blue Ribbon Pines is in the top ten for a reason. It's at least a four rated course. Having only been there once; I did not review it; as I plan on getting back sometime soon. I believe I will give it better than a 4 rating; but there is no elevation. A number of the courses in the Minn./St. Paul area have some of the best amenities available anywhere in the country. Stuff they are doing with tees and walkways and greens is something else. The water hole I believe OP is speaking of; is a difficult hole....if you're not long off the tee; it's nearly impossible to be dry, without laying up very short...

its roughly 100-150 to the water, then another 300-400 after the water. you play that water hazard 2X. 1X towards the driving range, then back the next time and the green is 1/2 surrounded by the water. They also just moved the chains on the hole another 50-100 feet towards the driving range, making the hole roughly a 700ft par 4. still doesn't compare to Lochness... their damn 850ft par 4 hole 1...

still a little disappointed it didn't get a chance to try out the new and improved hole 26. it used to be a 397ft left curving shot to the chains. chains were elevated roughly an extra 1.5 feet off the ground and surrounded by boulders. they changed it last week and it now is a 3 tier green. goes something like 6ft in the air at the top. they are also going to be building a moat around the 27th hole that is going to be about 2 feet deep and a few feet wide

Let me say this I have lost a disc in that same pond . . . I did not try and get it because it was dead int he middle of the pond. Would I have retrieved it if it was visible and right on the edge hell yes (even if the rule was stated right there). I dont fault you for trying to find the disc, but climbing into the pond is a little above what Iw ould have been willing to do. Why are there rakes? I dont know but if I needed one to get my disc I would do it.

However if I was approached and told I cannot do that because that is the rule I would have listened obeyed and responded to the worker apologetically and say i didnt know the rule. I wonder if there was a particular reason he said that is rule, perhaps it did look like you were trying to recover a bunch of discs which they already do. Maybe he jumped to a conclusion and handled it wrong (we dont knwo we werent there) but your inability to see that giving an incredible course a zero is a little flawed states to your intelligence, or maybe more importantly your common sense and personality. I am not saying that to pick on you, it just seems to me that you do not understand the complaint. I am the one that brought it up with a private message to you, then posted it on here to start a discussiuon because I did not think that I was alone in thinking the review and rating were not "valid". It was deleted to preservde the integrity of the system on this site, and if you cannot see that, that is proof of my feelings about your intelligence and personailty.

Again no offense, just my observation. I do also find it strange you signed up for the site, wrote a bad review and posted it all on the same day you played the course . . . why is it that important to you, maybe you should have told the owner how you felt (maybe you did I dont know) and left it at that. I have no problem with you not returning, that is your purogative. When I have a problem with service or an establishment I am always more than willing to give my honest feedback about what I felt. I am a business owner so I know how important that kind of thing is, but also being a business owner has shown me that you cannot always please "everybody" some people are just douches!

Thank you for confirming everything I though about you. This is the best post ever written about me.

Ive been using the website for about a month, just never registered until today. didn't really have a reason to before.

Thank you for confirming everything I though about you. This is the best post ever written about me.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I tried my best. If you're ever in the great state of Minnesota, hit me up, I'd love to throw some plastic with ya. My discs are non partisan.

So the only reason to register was to get mad about your experience. I am wondering if you view everything in a negative light, because clearly you stated you would have given the course a 5 prior to today. But that wasn't enough to post a review? I am not discrediting your opinion of the situation, I only think the review/rating should include everything. You seemed to only focus on the negative, which bothers me.

Thats all I have to say I am just gonna sit back and watch now.

One of the courses here has several ponds. They also have rakes available. They also have bass in the pond who are in the egg laying season. They have stated not to rake the ponds to not disrupt the bass breeding season.

This could be the reason dude was so pissy. It could also have been posted in places and you didn't see it, or if there was a waiver you signed before playing and didn't read. Maybe you ignoring something that *might* have been obvious to everyone but you pushed this guy over the edge and he acted like an ass because you, in turn, acted like an ass?

if you base the review strictly on the course alone, no other factors, then it gets a 4-4.5. elevation would push that to a 4.5-5 (that damn tire rut has been in the middle of the grass by 15/16 for over a month)

if you base the review on a "how was your experience". looking at the ratings scale, I can't go any higher then a 1. do I think my "experience" was a "passable (1.5)"? not a chance.

Take it how you want, I'm not going to write another review, but that is where it sits with me.

Lost in all this mess was that the whippin post simultaneously got it's 10th review and was eligible for top 10 and was for a moment...however brief..... .01 discs from crcking the top 10!

While a great experience; Whippin Post is probably not top ten compared with many designs these days.

*awaits chastisement*

One of the courses here has several ponds. They also have rakes available. They also have bass in the pond who are in the egg laying season. They have stated not to rake the ponds to not disrupt the bass breeding season.

This could be the reason dude was so pissy. It could also have been posted in places and you didn't see it, or if there was a waiver you signed before playing and didn't read. Maybe you ignoring something that *might* have been obvious to everyone but you pushed this guy over the edge and he acted like an ass because you, in turn, acted like an ass?

Good thought but in this case its not even a pond, its a made man hole prob 4 ft deep and maybe 40 ft long by 80 ft wide.

Bottom line, a zero rating is a little reactionary but the guy deserves to rate what he wants and people should read the totality of the reviews and be able to form their own opinions. If this was the only review it have been an issue but I think the guy should get his say like everyone else.

While a great experience; Whippin Post is probably not top ten compared with many designs these days.

*awaits chastisement*

Have you heard anything about the new Castle Rock 72 hole resort? I thought it was supposed to open soon but I haven't seen anything?

Latest posts