• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blueberry just tied Flip City!

Well, in the PAfrolfer reviews. They state that they have played other top courses like Idlewild, Holler in the Hills, Oregon courses, etc. So i'm just sayin, if your gonna say you played all these courses, why not at least even put them in your "played courses" list? And if these other courses are so much better, then why only review Flip and Highbridge?

Because I just joined yesterday? Is it really that big of a deal which course is rated higher? The reason I rated both of these two courses first is because I recently played both courses on a vacation. Don't have a coronary - it's just a rating. Don't let your panties get too tight - if are that much of a baby, I can take the review done. With that in mind, it's quite sad how many "fake" reviews Flip City has. Flip was a fun course, but Blueberry, Idlewild, Holler in the Hills, Foundation, etc just offered a better challenge and therefore a better experience for me.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and to rate courses whatever you think they deserve, but I would suggest reviewing courses based on their own pros and cons rather than focusing on comparing them to other courses, it'll make for much more legitimate and helpful reviews.

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion and to rate courses whatever you think they deserve, but I would suggest reviewing courses based on their own pros and cons rather than focusing on comparing them to other courses, it'll make for much more legitimate and helpful reviews.

This.

Fair enough - I updated by Blueberry review to reflect this. However, my opinion really isn't changed. Flip City is a good course, and that's that. It was a lot of fun and if I drank alcohol and liked to just have a good time I can understand why a lot of people would rate it the best of the best.

I just prefer to be challenged and to play epic courses. That's why I would rate Idlewild, Blueberry, Gold, Granite, Leviathan, Foundation, etc above Flip City.

Hey PAfrolfer, where are all these other courses you've played? Where is the "Centralia Foundation" review that should supposedly be better than Flip City?? What you just gonna review the top 2 courses and dip out for good?

FWIW Centralia is a damn good course! I played it when it had been in only a feew months and if it has broken in a little it would be in my top 10 for sure.

Fair enough - I updated by Blueberry review to reflect this. However, my opinion really isn't changed. Flip City is a good course, and that's that. It was a lot of fun and if I drank alcohol and liked to just have a good time I can understand why a lot of people would rate it the best of the best.

I just prefer to be challenged and to play epic courses. That's why I would rate Idlewild, Blueberry, Gold, Granite, Leviathan, Foundation, etc above Flip City.

That is a solid list of courses and it makes me agree with you more and more. I still haven't played Flip but I can't imagin it being a 5 from what I have seen of the pics and layout.

I'll bet for every tournament player, there are about ten rec players. I'll also bet an ample proportion of those rec players don't give two cents what tournament players think, especially when tournament players act as though their opinion is gospel.

Also the most challenging course does not necessarily equate to the "best" course, although I'll respect anyone who wishes to make challenge the sole important criteria in doing their reviews. A challenging, ballbusting course will net a high score from me, but if its only intended for pros, it probably won't get above a 4 from me, especially if its on public land.

Sorry but I had to do it. (Come to think of it I'm not sorry at all).

Probably about 20-30 Rec players.......but that isn't the point.

I would like to see courses rated on both asthetics amd challenge like you it just seems that the higher number of rec players rate courses based mainly on how fun it is. There is nothing wrong with this but when a more experienced player reads the reviews with one course at a 4.5 and another at a 3.5 they automatically assume the higher rated course is better when in fact that may not be the case.

Best "tournament" courses...IMO ; Manor, Pickard, Blue Ribbon, Highbridge courses, Rockwall, Renny, Hornets Nest, Wilco.........and there are more that I can't pull from my worn out memory.

To me these would "probably" rate higher than Flip although Rec golfers would disagree.

I have no clue where you got the idea that I like a hard course just for the sake of being hard..........there are WAY more components to a good/great course than that. With that said I can't rate a fairly easy course much higher than a 4 even if it is fun and pleasing to the eye.

Because I just joined yesterday? Is it really that big of a deal which course is rated higher? The reason I rated both of these two courses first is because I recently played both courses on a vacation. Don't have a coronary - it's just a rating. Don't let your panties get too tight - if are that much of a baby, I can take the review done. With that in mind, it's quite sad how many "fake" reviews Flip City has. Flip was a fun course, but Blueberry, Idlewild, Holler in the Hills, Foundation, etc just offered a better challenge and therefore a better experience for me.

It's Ironic that all of the fake reviews for Flip and Idle have actually made it easier for a course with less reviews to pass them. Not saying they are all fakes, just that added to all of the legit reviews the total number for both of them makes it harder to increase the average.

Last edited:
Scooter's list runs up there with some of my very favs as well. (I only played the original Wilco and understand there's an even better now; but I really liked the original. Pickard seems more loved than my initial impression; but we played early winter; with ice on the ground.)
Waterworks (in K.C.) is another that I loved and returned to see three times; but, now for some reason; it seems too loved by others. I think, perhaps I'm thinking that due to it's age and heavy play, that it must be a bit beat up and kind of "old school", by now. Not that I don't love courses of this type; especially as I get "old" (i.e. Valparasio, Sinnissippi, Dredzka, etc.)....but, tough to call them 5's these days....

To be precise, I haven't played Manor or Rockwall....

Rockwall is like a BEAUTIFUL Wilco with some longer shots.

Manor will kick your butt and from a design perspective it is very good althoug the rough is ROUGH and it isn't the prettiest course around. With that said it is one of the top 3 toughest courses in TX.

Don't have a coronary - it's just a rating. Don't let your panties get too tight - if are that much of a baby, I can take the review done.

Ha, I bet you don't talk to people like that in person. Did I even say anything offensive? Oh, was it because I was making fun of your user name? Well guess what buddy, having the word "frolfer" in your name gave you douche bag status from day one. The word "frolf" is probably the biggest single disgrace to the game of DISCgolf, and you represent it. ;)

With that being said, I can't wait to play Highbridge hills and give it the ratings I think it deserves. From the pictures themselves I would guess about a 3.5 at best, but hopefully i'm wrong.

And i'll be sure to look out for you on the course PAfrolfer. You shouldn't be very hard to find-
Frolf_Equipment.jpg

Wouldn't a comparison of one course to another be necessary to determine what the description for a '5' implies..."best of the best"? There's something to be said about having to drink a lot of milk to appreciate cream.

Personally, I would much rather hear a fresh perspective from someone who hasn't had their opinion biased by all the groupthink that seems to be prevalent around here regarding courses on the Top 10 list, especially the ones near the top.

PAfrolfer, keep your review up.

Wouldn't a comparison of one course to another be necessary to determine what the description for a '5' implies..."best of the best"? There's something to be said about having to drink a lot of milk to appreciate cream.

Personally, I would much rather hear a fresh perspective from someone who hasn't had their opinion biased by all the groupthink that seems to be prevalent around here regarding courses on the Top 10 list, especially the ones near the top.

Lol, this coming from the biggest Flip City hater of all time.

Scarp, if someone offered you an all expenses paid trip to Flip, you probably wouldn't even take it, huh?

Last edited:
164 definitely seems like a HBB player....Relax, everyone knows that up until very recently, Michigan had one of the best concentrations of quality courses in the country. I think other states are gaining and overtaking very quickly....you also need to begin building dislike to designers/players, from Oregon, Colorodo, lots of eastern states (most especially N.Y. and N.C. as they put in their new world's courses) and others...they're all coming to take Flip's high ranking away....:) (Centailia and Camden 2 in Illinois, and West Lake in Iowa may also be on the way....) :) And....Scarpfish may have a hand in that....:)

Lol, this coming from the biggest Flip City hater of all time.
Of all time. Wow, whatever did I do to be bestowed that honor? How can I hate a course that I've never been anywhere near?

Scarp, if someone offered you an all expenses paid trip to Flip, you probably wouldn't even take it, huh?
Sure I would! I'd love to get some Michigan courses under my belt. Pay for my gas or airfare, rental vehicle, three nights lodging, meals, lost work wages (including shift differential) and clear the leave paperwork with my boss, and consider it done. I figure that's worth a few HBB red thumbs if I decide Flip only merits a 4.5.
:p

I personally think that kind of comparison is vital to consistently rating courses, but I think it should happen behind the scenes. I'm not interested in reading a review of a course in Wisconsin and seeing more about an unrelated course in Michigan. If that's how the ratings are to him and how those two courses compare in his experience, great, but it doesn't belong in the review IMO.

With that being said, I can't wait to play Highbridge hills and give it the ratings I think it deserves. From the pictures themselves I would guess about a 3.5 at best, but hopefully i'm wrong.

Wow, talk about a biased opinion. I rated both Blueberry and Flip City a 5, and I have no problem with the guys rating. You really need to get a life bud. This is getting way out of hand. It's just a rating. And who cares if he has the word Frolf in his name - he said he shot 66 at Flip so he sounds like a pretty good player.

Latest posts