• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blueberry just tied Flip City!

Looks like Granite Ridge is another contender in the Top 10 now! If Gold gets another 5-disc rating, it'll be in there, too.

Congrats again to John and his awesome DG mecca!

I just played flip with 3 other dgcr members that havent reviewed flip yet. Once they all review, flip should be on top again. Its just barely benieth blueberry for its rating. Come on guys!!

I just played flip with 3 other dgcr members that havent reviewed flip yet. Once they all review, flip should be on top again. Its just barely benieth blueberry for its rating. Come on guys!!

I haven't reviewed Flip yet, either, and it's getting a 5 from me!

I just played Flip for the first time yesterday. It was hands down the sweetest course I have ever played. The design of the course was killer. It was truly a beautiful/special place.
Took a couple pics as well that are worth looking at.
e8ece8f0.jpg

34428596-1.jpg

566ddb22.jpg

c09212cc.jpg

How was the trip? :)

...suppa jealous! now get down here and play!

It kinda sucks playing Highbridge and Flip, then coming back to my regular ol' courses, although it seems like I play a little better after spending so much time on those courses!

I definitely need to make it down by you soon, especially with Milwaukee Area producing DG courses like so many baby rabbits.

Flip isn't in Mason County...it's Oceana County I believe.

it is in oceana county but is adjacent to mason county, a short twenty min drive to ludington... i live in grand rapids and now that i ve been up there and played i thank god everyday that i can get in my car and an hour and a half later be teeing off at flip city...

Highbridge is officially a heavyweight Top Ten contender! If the trend continues and The Bear gets plenty of favorable ratings (which it will), Highbridge could potentially have 4/10 of the Top Ten. This is fun to watch! Even my recent 5-disc review of Flip didn't put it back on top, so I think the rivalry is about to be rekindled! Watch for a lot of new Flippie reviews!

Great great review Gonz! ..aching for August to come and my annual track back for a month to Flip.

...if you want to REALLY experience disc golf, you should aim for Labor Day weekend and the Michigan State finals held at Flip and the Mason County courses...for THAT is truly what DG is all about. :)

So; I just did my part to try and help with home boy bias...tough decisions some times. High bridge gold had become the third high bridge course to make the top ten. I have not played Holler in the Hills; so, I can not comment on whether gold is better; I bet it is; but, it seemed somewhat poor form to have three courses from one site in the top ten. So, after talking yesterday, with a buddy who has gone on many trips with me the past couple of years; and getting his input; I dropped both Nevin Park, near Charlotte N.C., and High bridge gold; from 5 rated courses to 4.5 rated courses. This dropped High bridge gold out of the top ten and moved Holler above it for the moment. The reason I dropped both of these has more to do with the fact that, for instance; I enjoy Foundation DGC, in Centrailia, Illinois even more than these two (I have Foundation at 4.5; largely due to natural tees); and therefore, upon thinking over this conversation with my bud; who is a better overall player than myself; and making comparison with a few other ratings of mine; this seemed called for. My overall rating evaluations continue to get somewhat revised as the time goes by (Here, I would remind all reviewers to do this over time; and remember to come back and alter reviews and ratings as philosophy and perspective changes). I have been fairly consistent, since day one; but nuances continue to creep in. The latest involves "fun factor;" and do I want to play said course a second time; immediately after finishing a first round? In both of these cases; I had to say no. Is it fair to evaluate tough courses in this way? I'm not sure at the moment; but, it is a new measuring device I'm looking at right now....

So; I just did my part to try and help with home boy bias...tough decisions some times. High bridge gold had become the third high bridge course to make the top ten. I have not played Holler in the Hills; so, I can not comment on whether gold is better; I bet it is; but, it seemed somewhat poor form to have three courses from one site in the top ten. So, after talking yesterday, with a buddy who has gone on many trips with me the past couple of years; and getting his input; I dropped both Nevin Park, near Charlotte N.C., and High bridge gold; from 5 rated courses to 4.5 rated courses. This dropped High bridge gold out of the top ten and moved Holler above it for the moment. The reason I dropped both of these has more to do with the fact that, for instance; I enjoy Foundation DGC, in Centrailia, Illinois even more than these two (I have Foundation at 4.5; largely due to natural tees); and therefore, upon thinking over this conversation with my bud; who is a better overall player than myself; and making comparison with a few other ratings of mine; this seemed called for. My overall rating evaluations continue to get somewhat revised as the time goes by (Here, I would remind all reviewers to do this over time; and remember to come back and alter reviews and ratings as philosophy and perspective changes). I have been fairly consistent, since day one; but nuances continue to creep in. The latest involves "fun factor;" and do I want to play said course a second time; immediately after finishing a first round? In both of these cases; I had to say no. Is it fair to evaluate tough courses in this way? I'm not sure at the moment; but, it is a new measuring device I'm looking at right now....

Way to step up and level the playing field, Paul! :hfive:

It's not like Highbridge loses any appeal by having one course drop off a subjective Top Ten list, if only momentarily! I think eventually Granite may fall off as well (though it's my favorite Highbridge course THIS YEAR since I shot my best round there this time around!), but I still anxiously await The Bear...

Great great review Gonz! ..aching for August to come and my annual track back for a month to Flip.

...if you want to REALLY experience disc golf, you should aim for Labor Day weekend and the Michigan State finals held at Flip and the Mason County courses...for THAT is truly what DG is all about. :)

Funny you should mention that, 'cause I WAS considering Labor Day for my next voyage out there!

I have only been playing DG since the snow melted this spring and I attempted to review Flip City not too long ago. I gave up. What could I say that would be good enough? Thanks to my so-called friends, I was missing out on life for over 3 years while living IN Oceana county. I have since moved back home to Grand Rapids and it is horrible(i.e. Brewer circus, etc). I spread the gospel of Flip every chance I get. So, here is one definite newbie that hasn't been around the block and knows it. There may still be hope. (of course, when I do feel ready to review Flip City....FIVE DISCS!!)

I bet neither are #1 on any tournament players list.........

Sorry but I had to do it.

how is it that every time flip goes down a ranking, there are new DGCR members reviewing it with 5's the day they registered?