• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
BW being a constant offender i feel the pdga is correct. And the pdga is doing things by the book.

Is the suspension correct??? Well how do you handle someone who is already on probation and gets further into trouble? If BW was no longer on probation and got 18mo suspension i would say its excessive.

Did we really need another thread for this? The top 3 threads on the homepage are all BW-related.

I'm assuming his suspension is actually being treated as 2 separate things:

* Six months for instigating physical contact and general bad manners. Seems a little steep, but if the PDGA is trying to drive this sport to some obscure level of higher national visibility, I understand why they want to create a serious deterrent to physical aggression. If I'm judge, I give him 3 months for this.
* An additional 12 months for violating his previously-probated suspension, which seems fully justified to me. He was on probation for crying out loud. He sound have been on his absolute best behavior.

I write all of this from the comfort of my chair, without having witnessed a single moment of what transpired, and without talking to anyone involved. May golf have mercy on your soul. Next case.

Since MTL was involved apparently I voted "Process is flawed." Just hedging my bets. :|

Please excuse my ignorance in advance. Did the 18 suspension actually happen? I tried reading the first 40 pages or so, but all the speculation made me :wall:

I honestly don't see the big deal. It's not like the PDGA is going around suspending everyone who has been in a tournament. People who play the rules and mind their own business are fine. Even if you walk off the course in a rage quit you 888. If you rage run someone over or rage kick over a basket, it's a different story.

What it comes down to, is if (pretend) I played open and had to be on a card with BW, I would not want to be forced to spend 3+ hours with him judging by all of these shenanigans. Is it fair to put other players through this every tournament? Obviously it gets to them.

At this point, I would love to see the PDGA get a little childish.
Release a statement about the whining on social media, announce a revised five year suspension for BW, and tell McBeth to suck it.

I think PMB's actually just recovering from injuries before the USDGC and is using his protest to avoid showing weakness to his enemies.