• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
Bradley Williams committed two DGPT Class B infractions. Due to these infractions, Bradley will miss the remainder (Discraft's GMC and the Tour Championship) of the Pro Tour season. During the off-season, we will finalize the Pro Tour Disciplinary Process and what appropriate punishment should be taken per Class A and Class B infraction. Bradley's suspension may be increased based on these conversations.

Infraction Classes:
Class A, Fines: Behavioral amongst oneself
Class B, Suspensions & Fines: Cheating, Endangering, Behavior affecting players

Disciplinary Panel:
One DGPT representative (Steve Dodge)
One player representative (Nate Doss)
One TD representative (Jeff Spring

I'm sorry, but Class A makes it sound like the offender was fondling himself.

Now, if I were the PDGA, I'd remove BWs sanction, allowing him to play in the GMC. And I'd offer to buy him a ticket to the event. Then I'd go find that big bag of popcorn that keeps showing up.

But I love practical jokes, even when they're painful for the butt of the joke.

I'm starting to ponder if this whole episode was orchestrated from the get go, and the BW matter was just an excuse to do it.

Of course, if you go that far, you may as well assume that BW and Matt Dollar were in on it.

I dont think the BW and $ incident was planned in any way.
But frankly the odds were stacked that BW was going to screw up and violate his probation.
He has serious issues.
No one should have to play with someone like that.

I do wonder if Pauls statement that ignited the issue was part of a plan of some sort.
Trying to use the situation as an opportunity to further a personal agenda.
Thats the only way that makes sense.
Because he went to bat for someone that was clearly in the wrong.
He had zero clues as to the actual pdga policy.
And rather than acting professionally and e-mailing the pdga.
He put them on blast on fb like a 13 year old.
Totally out of character based on his history as a player.

I agree it appears that Jussi and Steve are both unhappy and would have likely made a statement at some point about it.
Most likely after this season.
I believe they also seized the opportunity that was presented to further their agenda.
Again they attached themselves to a hot mess and in doing so really muddied up their existing issues into someone elses problems.

Lastly,
I think $ is a good man for not squashing BW after the round has ended.
No one should have to take that kind of nonsense and have to just bite their tounge.
Ive seen people get that really twisted.
Trying to spin the situation into $ also being in the wrong.
I dont buy that at all.
He took the highest road possible considering the nonsense BW was pulling.

The biggest winner in this drama.
Nikko
He now looks like a really stable guy compared to BW.
That also means people are lowering their standards for general jackassery.
That is a sign of the times.

Now, if I were the PDGA, I'd remove BWs sanction, allowing him to play in the GMC. And I'd offer to buy him a ticket to the event. Then I'd go find that big bag of popcorn that keeps showing up.

But I love practical jokes, even when they're painful for the butt of the joke.

That's hilarious.
Let them all eat the #!$@ sandwich that they made themselves.

I'm reminded of this video. Check out Michael Jordan repeatedly shoulder bumping Charles Barkley during time-outs and between plays. Best one at the 7:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR0r7LDuXjc

The world was a much different place then.
Jordan was even popping team mates in practice with no consequences.
It was no big deal in those days.
But
That was before the media started tearing sports stars down.
So you almost never saw jordan get talked out in a negative light.
And way before social media gave people a place to to troll and start fires like this.

When are we all going to start talking about the Barry Schultz physical assault of a spectator at the Carolina Clash a couple weeks ago. :popcorn:

Matt, were you present for the playoff and saw what happened? I saw you were in the tournament. What did you hear or see if so?

When are we all going to start talking about the Barry Schultz physical assault of a spectator at the Carolina Clash a couple weeks ago. :popcorn:

Physical assault is a really overblown statement.

Barry wanted to talk to a spectator who was bothering him and pulled on his shirt. Followed that up with a calm conversation explaining how he felt the spectator was out of line.

Latest posts