• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Why do feathery golf competitions call themselves by that phrasing? Why isn't modern golf referred to as resin golf? Golf using feathery balls came first.

Resin golf can't have golf, golf was here first.

.... granted I can only still find a feathery challenge of any kind here: https://www.hickorychampionship.org/application-3/

So... lol.

I know where to get some wooden Woods, just need the skill to be able to use them...

We can't have golf, golf was here first.

Nope. Disc sports have been around much, much longer than anything ball golf related has been.

"The discus was introduced as part of the pentathlon in the Ancient Olympics of 708BC (the first Olympics were held in 776BC). The enduring image of the Greek discus thrower comes from the iconic 5th century BC statue by the great sculptor Myron"

We were here first, and we will be here last.

Attachments

• 1990.24.0416.jpeg
    1990.24.0416.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 24
Nope. Disc sports have been around much, much longer than anything ball golf related has been.

"The discus was introduced as part of the pentathlon in the Ancient Olympics of 708BC (the first Olympics were held in 776BC). The enduring image of the Greek discus thrower comes from the iconic 5th century BC statue by the great sculptor Myron"

We were here first, and we will be here last.

Well then they messed up by not claiming the word golf.

The table tennis and tennis comparison is interesting, but I'm curious as to what would've happened if the largest table tennis playing countries, namely China, also spoke English as a first language. Would they have shifted to the use of just tennis to describe table tennis and call the other court tennis?

On the surface it may sound silly, but look what happens colloquially with the word hockey. Sure, internationally it generally refers to hockey in a field, but in places where ice hockey is popular ice is dropped and you call the other field hockey.

The table tennis and tennis comparison is interesting, but I'm curious as to what would've happened if the largest table tennis playing countries, namely China, also spoke English as a first language. Would they have shifted to the use of just tennis to describe table tennis and call the other court tennis?

On the surface it may sound silly, but look what happens colloquially with the word hockey. Sure, internationally it generally refers to hockey in a field, but in places where ice hockey is popular ice is dropped and you call the other field hockey.

What if Foosball was called Baby Foot?

Brodie supposedly paid $1K to reserve the Mulligans driving range for disc golfers.

Was there nowhere else for them to throw? Good for him, definitely sure people appreciate it.

I wonder if the people who teed before he did this that didn't get the chance to use it or the people who are in the B pool competing against him tomorrow that won't get the chance to appreciate it?

I wonder if the people who teed before he did this that didn't get the chance to use it or the people who are in the B pool competing against him tomorrow that won't get the chance to appreciate it?

Not his fault/problem whether they do or not. Also pretty sure there is no B pool.

Brodie did something that was beneficial to others.

MTL: he didn't help starving children in Ethiopia though,.

Brodie supposedly paid $1K to reserve the Mulligans driving range for disc golfers.

Was there nowhere else for them to throw? Good for him, definitely sure people appreciate it.

Paige just said on air that Brodie rented it out and that she was happy to have that tomorrow for practice.

Paige just thanked Brody in her after round interview for renting the driving range, and her being able to warm up properly tomorrow. So it appears it's rented for the weekend.

Also she mentioned being frustrated that there was no warmup space to watch your disc fly at The Fort and only nets. So basically neither course had a planned open space to fully warm up.

Also she mentioned being frustrated that there was no warmup space to watch your disc fly at The Fort and only nets. So basically neither course had a planned open space to fully warm up.

Boo Hoo, there are two baseball fields less than a half mile away.

Other wise how do you proposed they provide a open space in a wooded park?