• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

That is bad. I had no idea, but it is interesting how words evolve.

Thankfully everyone seems to have forgotten that history (I had no clue either). Otherwise we'd have to change yet another word.

Yuck... He was doing ok in the rain till he took a double circle 7 on no10...

...he did fight back with a park job on the 470ish par 3 11th though

I don't particularly like Brodie, and this is a dumb hill to die on IMO. but he's also right... there's tennis and there's table tennis. if somebody asks me if I want to play tennis, I don't have to ask "fuzzy ball tennis/real tennis or tabble tennis?"

I don't particularly like Brodie, and this is a dumb hill to die on IMO. but he's also right... there's tennis and there's table tennis. if somebody asks me if I want to play tennis, I don't have to ask "fuzzy ball tennis/real tennis or tabble tennis?"

I agree completely. I freaking hate hearing people say "ball golf."

What if you were at the Table Tennis World Championships, at a sports complex shared with tennis players?

If the PDGA had said 'the course is closed to golfers', that would've been extremely confusing to some. Clarity is always welcome. How should they have communicated it instead?

Edit: I guess they could've said something like 'Mulligans is only open for disc golf practice rounds, it is closed to golfers', but even that could be confusing to some people. Anyway yes, this is a really dumb hill to die on.

Last edited:
One of my favorite things is when someone on the local facebook group asked if someone wants to get in a round of golf. And then someone who actually wants to play golf agrees and then confusion ensues when one party names off a bunch of golf courses and then the other party thinks those are all new to them disc golf courses. Or vice versa.

We can't have golf, golf was here first.

What if you were at the Table Tennis World Championships, at a sports complex shared with tennis players?

Nobody says tennis court tennis.

There is tennis and there is table tennis. There is golf and there is disc golf.

If the PDGA had said 'the course is closed to golfers', that would've been extremely confusing to some. Clarity is always welcome. How should they have communicated it instead?

Edit: I guess they could've said something like 'Mulligans is only open for disc golf practice rounds, it is closed to golfers', but even that could be confusing to some people. Anyway yes, this is a really dumb hill to die on.

Ping pong!