• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I predict Brodie will be the center of attention for the next few months as we work towards his first tournaments and then his inevitable first round feature card. And I'm okay with that. Good fun content.

Based on that last video (first nine holes of the 2020 Wintertime Open set-up) Brodie is going to be the real deal. Paul wasn't playing great, but Brodie stayed with him pretty well, and finished four ahead of Hannah who seemed to be playing fine.

They are supposed to post the back nine tomorrow. Be interesting to see if he hangs on...

I think his putting is looking pretty good and will only improve.

As far as everything else it's kind of hit or miss.

I think if he sticks with it he may do pretty well but I'd be surprised if he finishes well in anything this year.

I think his putting is looking pretty good and will only improve.

As far as everything else it's kind of hit or miss.

I think if he sticks with it he may do pretty well but I'd be surprised if he finishes well in anything this year.

Hater!!

;) :\

If he can get his forearm throw nose down, jeesh... it has some serious distance potential. I'm going to hold off commenting on the round until we see part 2. :popcorn:

If he can get his forearm throw nose down, jeesh... it has some serious distance potential. I'm going to hold off commenting on the round until we see part 2. :popcorn:

Agreed, the ultimate background is coming through strong on his driver flicks, he is throwing with an arc in his pull through, causing the disc to go nose up. He doesn't have that problem when he flicks the zone because it isn't as susceptible to nose angle and more forgiving. Once he figures out his drivers though, his flicks are going to bomb.

Once Jomez/CCDG/DG Guy/etc. start posting tournament coverage again, will his channel still be popular with the dg community?

I'm rooting for the guy and hope he makes a splash in MPO down the road. But it's the offseason and the dg community is starving for content right now. He's serving up bbq and potato salad and we're (I'm) eating that sh*t up. I don't know if I'll be as invested with what/how he's doing when coverage starts.

If he times his videos for midweek or first day of tournaments before the next day crews can get content out he can piggyback off excitement for those tournaments. I'm pretty sure there are regular gaps in the content stream that he can plug and keep excitement going. The guy knows social media better than most if not all of the disc golf community.

Once Jomez/CCDG/DG Guy/etc. start posting tournament coverage again, will his channel still be popular with the dg community?

I'm rooting for the guy and hope he makes a splash in MPO down the road. But it's the offseason and the dg community is starving for content right now. He's serving up bbq and potato salad and we're (I'm) eating that sh*t up. I don't know if I'll be as invested with what/how he's doing when coverage starts.

I think part of the draw is that we are watching his journey. There is a story here that competition does not have. Once he becomes a regular observed phenomena in the top 10, I think the draw of the story lessens.

Paul needs to tell him to stop throwing so hard. 80% and smooth is all he needs, like on hole #7 I think it was. I mean he birdied it and they didn't, but man he jerked his drive right from over-throwing.....and was bailed out by the beauty of the self-correcting hyzer.

As others have said, we know his Ulty forehand is crazy good. As soon as he figures it out for drivers, that's going to benefit him greatly. You can almost see he's in his own head about it. Surprised he threw backhand on that little approach on #9. You'd think he could flick that 100 times out of a 100 from just about any stance.

It's also hilarious to watch how Paul knows Brodie's game better than Brodie knows Brodie's game. It's like teaching my daughter.....throw this disc and throw it there.....just trust me. I'm sure we've all had that experience with fairly newbs.

Newest wintertime open practice video is fun. Brodie/Paul/Hannah.

Drinking game challenge.

Every time you hear "Darkhorse" or "Freaky" take a drink.

Spoiler .Paul even sneaks in a "freaky" in his commentary

Last edited:
So.... Brodie just shot 2 strokes off of the best disc golf player in the world in an 18 hole round. At first I thought Paul wasn't playing even near his ability but then I saw how Adam was playing. I honestly thought Paul would have shot at least 6-8 strokes better than Brodie on that course. Anyone taking Brodie a little more serious now? :popcorn:

Ehh, its not like Paul has his A game right now. His putting is pretty good but that's to be expected since that was basically all he could do for a few weeks.

As far as the views he's getting in the offseason, if he keeps traveling around to events and playing practice rounds, I could see him still getting plenty of views from people wanting to see what the courses are looking like/changes in the courses.

Last edited:
Well Brodie is playing the two guys that have won the WTO for a decade. . and he did fine

the guy is good, no question about that. . is he at +1000 level, no . . . .not yet

So.... Brodie just shot 2 strokes off of the best disc golf player in the world in an 18 hole round. At first I thought Paul wasn't playing even near his ability but then I saw how Adam was playing. I honestly thought Paul would have shot at least 6-8 strokes better than Brodie on that course. Anyone taking Brodie a little more serious now? :popcorn:

Not yet. Brodie has zero expectations right now. No pressure on any shot. He is probably as good or better than most people who post on this site tho. Lol

Latest posts