• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Brodie gets 1018 and is in a 5way tie for 23rd...:eek:
Normally the ratings will drop as the day progresses because later cards are already known to play the course better regardless of their rating. However, since this was the first round, the groups are supposed to be randomized other than maybe the feature card. So as long as the weather is approximately the same over the day, the ratings posted by the first half of the field should remain the same as the second half passing through. Now that players are shuffled into score progression, tomorrow we could see the ratings in the first half, gradually decline as the day progresses. At least that's the normal pattern.

lol.. Oakley and Risely.... Brodie is and always will be an entertainer 1st, pro athlete 2nd. But sure....I think he's fine with being an average pro golfer, but at the same time he's an above average entrepreneur building revenue streams from his original content, making deals with Discraft, Foundation and others. If you followed him for a few years like I have, he knows he's 30+, knows he needs to latch onto $omething $table long term. At this point I believe HE thinks he has found it with disc golf. Personality wise... I think he is extremely good for the sport, dude knows where the market is (growing new players) and how to appeal to them.

I was really into Brodie doing the disc golf thing, but man, this off-season has just left a sour taste in my mouth. Selling so many discs with his name on it and he hasn't done **** in an actual round of disc golf. I know I just sound salty that he's selling discs and shirts.....it just seems so.....****ing corny. But he is popular, so make that $$ i guess.

Its weird though. Paul seems to be using Brodie to build his brand and be the charismatic one and Brodie is using Paul to give himself legitimacy and using him like a coach. Interesting dynamic.

00:43

Struggling a bit in round two, but to be fair its his second tournament and consistency is something that comes with time and experience. Hes already shown he can play at a higher level than 99% of us. He seems to enjoy the game and the other pros seem to like him. Not to mention he has already brought in a ton of new players, his discord is full of new players asking for advice. So in all honesty I have nothing but love for the guy, he is a good thing for the sport whether you old farts will admit it or not.

Struggling a bit in round two, but to be fair its his second tournament and consistency is something that comes with time and experience. Hes already shown he can play at a higher level than 99% of us. He seems to enjoy the game and the other pros seem to like him. Not to mention he has already brought in a ton of new players, his discord is full of new players asking for advice. So in all honesty I have nothing but love for the guy, he is a good thing for the sport whether you old farts will admit it or not.

I used to really like brodie smith when I knew him from trick shot videos and the amazing race. I still kinda like him but his hyper commercialization is off putting to me. very cool he's able to do it and make it work for him though! and other than that I like the guy

I'm really really impressed by his putting, but not so much with the other parts of his game. I think it might be hard for him to really smooth his form out once the season picks up if he is playing a lot (idk how much he is playing) but I think eventually if he can really transition to a smoother throw he could be a very solid player. he's definitely already capable of throwing some really nice shots with good distance

Brodie is dropping out of the tournament, apparently the Lyme disease is rearing it's ugly head as he said it got "scary out there" during round 2.

Some may see it as an excuse, but the commentators keep talking about how Ricky Wysocki feels and Ricky said he wasn't ready at Waco and his Lyme disease was last October? No clue how big of a deal that illness is but I certainly don't want it.

I don't think he really needs an excuse. He was averaging like 990 in just his second tournament so it's not like he was playing poorly.

Latest posts