• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21/status/1407521470750674944

if that was the mission all along, couldn't he have emailed the PDGA or contacted them directly instead of trolling on social media?

The mission was clearly to buy some goodwill with his new sport. It was a very, very nice gesture and needed apparently but there is NO WAY IN HELL Brodie pays that much with a stipulation saying that he can't post about it on social media. He did it for the publicity, which is a smart move. Also heard he paid with his personal credit card.

I played the replacement tournament for worlds last year at mulliagns/fort and this same thing happened then. Disc golfers throwing on the range and staff getting pissed and telling them to get off.

I'm "meh" for Brodie, but if he ran into a burning house and saved 3 babies there would be people saying "but he didn't save the dog!" :wall:

But he would make sure to slap a GoPro on himself and livestream the entire rescue on social media.

It pretty simple, he did it to slam the PDGA and promote his own company.

A lot of advertising for Foundation Golf saving the worlds.

I'm not sure. what do you think?

Well, they had reserved half the range, so they recognized the need. Whoever did make the reservation saw no need to reserve the whole thing.

Had it not become a social media headache I'm guessing they would not have done anything more.

We will never know for sure though.

Half of the range was reserved. The reason that it appeared it wasn't was ball golfers were allowed to hit on the reserved half but ignored the "this other half is closed" and the staff at the golf course was not enforcing this. This was completely unexpected. This was also only an hour or so into the tournament.

The PDGA was working on a solution with the golf course when Brodie did what he did. The PDGA was already working on reserving the remaining part but then you saw what happened.

The PDGA offered to refund Brodie (since they were going to do pay anyway) and he flat out refused. He then made a video claiming that the PDGA lied to him and never mentioned that he refused the money. Coincidently (or not), he shortly after had a paid endorser story on his social media pages.

The PDGA has rented the entire facility for the remaining part of the event.

All Brodie accomplished, in the end, was a ton of social media impacts that I'm sure far exceed the $1,000 he paid. He did not change the outcome of the facility being rented.

Half of the range was reserved. The reason that it appeared it wasn't was ball golfers were allowed to hit on the reserved half but ignored the "this other half is closed" and the staff at the golf course was not enforcing this. This was completely unexpected. This was also only an hour or so into the tournament.

The PDGA was working on a solution with the golf course when Brodie did what he did. The PDGA was already working on reserving the remaining part but then you saw what happened.

The PDGA offered to refund Brodie (since they were going to do pay anyway) and he flat out refused. He then made a video claiming that the PDGA lied to him and never mentioned that he refused the money. Coincidently (or not), he shortly after had a paid endorser story on his social media pages.

All Brodie accomplished, in the end, was a ton of social media impacts that I'm sure far exceed the $1,000 he paid. He did not change the outcome of the facility being rented.

When you may not hit the cash line final day, you need to do something I suppose. Love the one side of the story being pumped out yesterday, thanks for bringing in the additional facts.

Thank you for posting this. What a giant (literally) baby.

Just like Brodie's side of the story is incomplete, this sounds incomplete as well.

The PDGA was "working on it", yet Brodie was able to get it done ? Your previous post you lamented those that didn't get to take advantage of Brodie's generosity yet NOW your story is the PDGA was working on it and all Brodie did was make a spectacle of himself.

I didn't know who you were prior to the PP stuff. Didn't really take sides there.

You don't seem to be a person of significant integrity, character, nor professional restraint. JMO.

Latest posts