• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 400!

What is your farthest throw.

• 100'-200'

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 200'-250'

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 250-300'

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • 300'-350'

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • 350'-400'

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • 400'-450'

Votes: 30 23.6%
  • 450'-475'

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • 475'-500'

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 500'+

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
My longest officially-measured throw was 133 yards (with a 144g DX Beast) at VA States in 2002. It was eating away at me year after year that I had not "officially" broken 400 until, finally, last year I hit 139 yards (with a 150g R-Pro Boss and a sweet tailwind). I'm sure my longest throws on a course have gone farther, but at I feel comfortable calling myself a 400-foot thrower now, even if my average golf drive is ~300.

Longest throw is a tough one to answer. I have definitely thrown over 500 quite a few times, but it always took some good wind or a slight downhill. Best flat with no wind at all is a different question. Maybe 475ish?

My longest was just on Saturday, it was right at 330'. That is the longest that I bothered to measure. I threw one that was just crazy right, and it went forever...that one was probably the longest, but I was embarrassed to measure that one out!

I changed my form and I was consistently throwing right at 400 ft. Then for some reason, my technique slipped slightly and I havent been getting as much distance. Then I finally realized my last round that I wasn't pulling the disc as close to my chest and I wasn't reaching back as far.

Back pushing 400 ft again, consistently. =)

My longest was was at my practice field, i throw at a baseball diamond, it has no back fence in the outfield because at 370' there is about a 12' bank that goes up to some trees and picnic table, and about 80' after the bank is the street. I smashed a 166 star monarch out from home plate one day and watched it go outta sight once i got up the bank i saw it was sitting towards the far side of the street. Which ended up at damn near 460'.

Still working on my drives, now out to about 320 or so. Just found an awesome practice field right my my house so I can carefully measure my drives instead of just guessing. 400 here I come!

My longest was was at my practice field, i throw at a baseball diamond, it has no back fence in the outfield because at 370' there is about a 12' bank that goes up to some trees and picnic table, and about 80' after the bank is the street. I smashed a 166 star monarch out from home plate one day and watched it go outta sight once i got up the bank i saw it was sitting towards the far side of the street. Which ended up at damn near 460'.

That's pretty insane to throw that disc that far and it not flip too much.

Longest in a field is 390, that 400 number is tough for me to crack.

Of course, there's that one mythical throw that you remember, but couldn't really measure for some reason (like, it's a big downhill, all I know is it went WAY past my usual "long" drives for the hole). ::tips my 40::

It's kind of interesting that no one has voted for the 350'-400' range, do people usually skip from 340' to 410' or something?

There are those that look at the 350' barrier as the place you go from to 400' in short order. Once I hit 350' the next 50' was pretty easy. I don't get to throw on many flat holes so I'm not sure what my top 10 distances were this year. Once you can throw beyond 350' you are starting to get most things right. From there you just start getting that extra little torque just before the hit and you can get massive D. Getting accurate is much more illusive imo.

Latest posts