• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cart Friendly?

blarmour

Getting ready for the Ledgestone next month. I will be playing McNaughton, Westwood and Wildlife Prairie courses. Are all of these courses cart friendly? From looking at pictures and what little video of them I could find from previous years, it looks like McNaughton IS cart friendly and that Westwood IS NOT. I have no clue on Wildlife... Thanks for any help on this.

I concur that Westwood Meggido is probably not cart-friendly. I don't have a cart, but I do remember lots of stairs, steep hills, ravines, tree roots, etc. I wish I was playing in a division that used Westwood ... awesome course. I can't vouch for the other two courses.

You could use a cart at Mcnaughton. A cart at Westwood would be more of a hassle than a help. A cart at Wildlife is a suicide mission on some holes.

Thanks, looks like I will be using my bag on 2 of the 3 courses. Bummer, wish they hadn't changed my pool, I was looking forward to playing the other 3 courses originally scheduled for...

IMHO that is the best combination of courses to play, assuming Wildlife gets more work done on it. I saw 3-4 carts being used on Megiddo last week at Central Illinois Championships. I personally wouldn't use a cart there but it is doable. (as long as its not a "stroller" type Cart). McNasty is very cart friendly and Wildlife needs a lot of bridges, stairs etc... Probably bag that one. What were your course assignments before the change? Sunset?

IMHO that is the best combination of courses to play

I agree, which is why I actually switched divisions after my earlier post in this thread. When registration was first open, I know that MA1 and MPM played Westwood, but not MM1. MM1 and/or MG1 may have been with Int or Rec. I switched from Rec to MM1 after seeing that they were switched to Westwood, and also were playing shorts at the other two courses. However, now I see they posted the caddy book for Wildlife, and it is actually a mix with half gold tees, with a few over 600' ... not exactly "shorts" as still stated on the website. Also may be a couple of water shots that I might not be able to clear, although it's hard to get the full feel for elevation and foliage even with some pics. Still looks like more fun than Sunset, which would be the comparable course if I played Rec. Oh well, I'll bring some discs I don't care about for the water shots and hope to not finish DFL.