• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Ian rules!

Thanks to you and your crew for being the best in the business!

Become a Patreon subscriber and demand all the apologies you want!

lol accurate!

Yes!! CCDG season is starting!!...err I mean disc golf season.

Thanks for keeping the videos coming during the offseason!

You bet! Lots more coming soon. :D

Can't wait! Thanks for doing all you do.

:thmbup:

you da man Ian

:clap:

Ian rules!

Thanks to you and your crew for being the best in the business!

Thanks!

CCDG would be a shadow of what it is without all the awesome people who make up the rest of the crew :thmbup:

For all you guys do for the sport, a championship level course should be named after you.

I'll take it! lol

Spoiler Alert:

Did you get Kyle's ace?

I didn't personally film it, but Peter Mares who was filming for us did, it's on our channel. The first shot of the tournament for him. What a way to start.

its on youtube

this.

Ian, honest question and you've maybe answered this before. Do you have a "real" job or is this it? I don't mean that harshly, only curious when you find the time to do all of the work for a single video. If you do happen to have a job in addition to this cudos to you for being able to juggle it all. It's very much appreciated!!!

Ian, honest question and you've maybe answered this before. Do you have a "real" job or is this it? I don't mean that harshly, only curious when you find the time to do all of the work for a single video. If you do happen to have a job in addition to this cudos to you for being able to juggle it all. It's very much appreciated!!!

Ian is an engineer of some sort.

Haha, no worries man! I do have a real job. I'm an Industrial Engineer for a big fast food company. I do time studies on new products, and analyze restaurant operations with a discrete event simulation I programmed. For example I can tell the company what the speed of service impact will be for a new piece of equipment or menu item, or look at worker utilization. All kinds of random stuff. I did this as a consultant for 7 years (all kinds of different industries) before getting this job. My company is great to work for. I get every other Friday off, and almost 4 weeks of vacation time (which is spent almost entirely filming dg lol).

My editing time is after the wife and kid are in bed. 10 pm - 12:30 ~ 1 am. Commentary I try to do earlier wife permitting. If you ever hear me yawn during a commentary, you'll know why now :p

The rest of the crew is full time employed too. Alex is a technical writer, Derek is a licensed Civil Engineer, Ben is a DJ among other endeavors, and Stu is a programmer.

Ian is an engineer of some sort.

:thmbup:

Ian, any idea what happened to Eagle at wintertime open? He shot two really good rounds (one stroke behind McBeth at the end of his 2nd) and then DNFd... I hope everything is alright. He seems like a good dude.

Ian, any idea what happened to Eagle at wintertime open? He shot two really good rounds (one stroke behind McBeth at the end of his 2nd) and then DNFd... I hope everything is alright. He seems like a good dude.

2nd round we filmed lead card (Paul, Simon, Rico, Eagle, and this dude Michael Knowles (from San Juan islands, "super nice guy") 2 cams on that card. Derek filmed the chase card which had Michael Moulton, and Philo among others.
3rd round we did 3 cams on the lead card, which would have been Paul, Eagle, Philo, Rico, and Simon, but Eagle smashed his hand in a Prius trunk lid, so it was just he 4.

I don't know if he's OK....

Sounds like Eagle broke his finger, that's what he said at the end of his latest vlog anyway -- it was in a splint.

awesome Ian lol! You better treasure that wife!

I do! :thmbup:

Sounds like Eagle broke his finger, that's what he said at the end of his latest vlog anyway -- it was in a splint.

I don't think it's broken, but he needed stitches.

Speaking of Eagle, he and Simon are joining me for commentary tonight. Vid should be out tomorrow.

I might drop the non commentary version in here when it's up today.

More ORDGC vids are out. I know there aren't any big name players, but check em out. It's a great course, with tons of big swings.

More ORDGC vids are out. I know there aren't any big name players, but check em out. It's a great course, with tons of big swings.

It is honestly one of my favorite tourneys you guys cover. You and Alex have a great rapport and the course is tons of fun to watch.

I really enjoyed the RMDGC as well! :thmbup:

It's great to see guys that would thrash me on the course, but are still somewhat relatable.

On another note, I hope your hard work and sacrifice pays off Ian. You clearly love what you do and are very talented. Not sure if it's your ambition or not, but I'd love to see you and the crew broadcasting the Worlds on a network someday. There is no one else I'd rather see get that opportunity. :clap:

...I don't think it's broken, but he needed stitches.

Speaking of Eagle, he and Simon are joining me for commentary tonight. Vid should be out tomorrow...

Sounds great, would you ask Eagle if it's broken? He said it was at the end of his vlog and looked pretty bummed about it, which is understandable.

He posted on the ol FB that it was a small bone chip fracture.

It is honestly one of my favorite tourneys you guys cover. You and Alex have a great rapport and the course is tons of fun to watch.

I really enjoyed the RMDGC as well! :thmbup:

It's great to see guys that would thrash me on the course, but are still somewhat relatable.

On another note, I hope your hard work and sacrifice pays off Ian. You clearly love what you do and are very talented. Not sure if it's your ambition or not, but I'd love to see you and the crew broadcasting the Worlds on a network someday. There is no one else I'd rather see get that opportunity. :clap:

Thanks so much!

O man that's the dream! Maybe one day :)

Sounds great, would you ask Eagle if it's broken? He said it was at the end of his vlog and looked pretty bummed about it, which is understandable.

He posted on the ol FB that it was a small bone chip fracture.

ahh gotcha.

Sneak peek. No commentary.

Regarding Alex's comment in the ORDGC R3, Part 1, around 20:00, where he says that graduates from his school of putting "prefer" to miss low, leaving them a drop-in. I guess I should sign up, would love it if my front-rim bangers (DRINK :p !) did that, instead of turning on their side and rolling away, often leaving a 20-footer for comeback :doh: .