• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

DiscGolfCraig on Waccamaw River Park in SC.

"-Bad layout. Bad location. Bad execution. Bad drainage. Otherwise, it's just a poor course."

It was the clause starting with "otherwise" that convinced me not to go there. haha.

Honorable mention--
"IT'S BUILT IN A SWAMP. Not near a swamp. Not with raised paths above a swamp. No. In an actual swamp... After some exhaustive research, I've concluded that disc golf and swamps ARE NOT a good mixture. Disc golf in swamps is even worse. They should be kept separated. I'd be happy to present my findings to Waccamaw River Park."

(Yesterday, I played 2 courses right next to swamps and a 3rd with swampy standing water after heavy rain, so I'm particularly attuned to swamps and disc golf right at the moment.)

P.S.- I was so hoping that his title would have whack-a-mole in it...

That disc golf course burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp! But the fourth one shtayed oop!

I love a hard,
challenging course
. But there's a difference between that and this filthy monster

review quote on today's Renny Gold review.

I really like geeking out on top notch course reviews.

But I also really like bringing down the hammer on ridiculously bad courses.

It's all those courses in the broad spectrum in between that can get tedious. "Another totally average 18er...ho boy, what to say?"

I totally relate to every word in this post.

review quote on today's Renny Gold review.

The two highest rated (and also best/most challenging) courses he's played are the ones he's given his lowest ratings. The easiest course (Cornwallis) he's played is the one he's given his highest rating. Things that make you go hmmmm.

The two highest rated (and also best/most challenging) courses he's played are the ones he's given his lowest ratings. The easiest course (Cornwallis) he's played is the one he's given his highest rating. Things that make you go hmmmm.

he's the type of person I hope doesn't go to the Jackson, and reviews it.

I really like geeking out on top notch course reviews.

But I also really like bringing down the hammer on ridiculously bad courses.

It's all those courses in the broad spectrum in between that can get tedious. "Another totally average 18er...ho boy, what to say?"

I like bringing the hammer down on ridiculously bad reviews, that say nothing about how the course plays.

You don't have to write a novel. Many reviewers do a good job listing the points on a concise matter. They earn my :thmbup:

Say nothing of substance, you earn my :thmbdown:
...1202 so far. Who's gonna earn #1203?

Last edited:
This line from Jukes review of Redemed by Grace little 9 hole course:

Fast greens are the name of the game here, with epic rollaways into the deep ravine a major (yet mostly avoidable) hazard. We're talking A-1, top-shelf, 5-disc levels of drop-offs behind the pins on hole #'s 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 9.

Which Can be found here.

This line made me lol (for realz) simply because I consulted the course designer extensively on when this place was being installed. My main thought was to make it as difficult as humanly possible and make use of that ravine as much as we can stand. I always say that it's very easy to make a course easier and its very difficult to make a course harder. So my logic was if any one of the holes prove to be just too difficult its very simple to place a new basket sleeve elsewhere or maybe cut down a few branches.

I think your review was spot-on Juke!

It's too bad we didn't have more land to work with. I would love to have had a few holes cross over that ravine a few times but alas...property lines.

From wellsbranch250's review of Ol' Colony in Tuscaloosa, Ala.:

"I forgot to closely check that back tee sign, but I think players were required to walk on all 4s and play "The Floor is Lava!" when approaching the basket."

From wellsbranch250's review of Ol' Colony in Tuscaloosa, Ala.:

"I forgot to closely check that back tee sign, but I think players were required to walk on all 4s and play "The Floor is Lava!" when approaching the basket."

You missed another good line from that same review just a few sentences before that:

"I've nominated hole (4), with its new triple mando, for worst hole in the observable Universe."

That made me lol for realz.

jukeshoe's review of Slayter Hill said:
young lovers furiously dry humping in the grass in the middle of the fairways

my first thought was, how is this a con. The comedic value alone should add at least a 1/2 disc to the rating. I'd be emptying my bag to find out if anyone can score well on that hole. :D

Last edited:
my first thought was, how is this a con. The comedic value alone should add at least a 1/2 disc to the rating. I'd be emptying my bag to find out if anyone can score well on that hole. :D

You sure you're crediting the right person with that? I can't find a review of Slayter Hill or Skater Hill on Juke's Reviews page.

You sure you're crediting the right person with that? I can't find a review of Slayter Hill or Skater Hill on Juke's Reviews page.

yes,
i should have written purdue as noted by Monocacy. The course is aka Slayter hill depending on which disc golf site you look at.

i played there during summer break in 2019 and found a near empty course. apparently that's not the case during the school year.

Last edited: