• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Some opinions can be wrong.
If my opinion is "discs resemble squares"... it's wrong. It means I don't know what a square looks like. Or that I've failed to distinguish between their defining characteristics.

If I think a bunch of upshots is a phenomenal course, it means I don't know what a phenomenal course really is.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. My last salvo, however:

The definition (as used here) of opinion:

-- a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

-- a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

The bottom line is that no matter how much I (or anyone else) disagrees with an opinion, there is NO factual basis to say the opinion is wrong. Your opinion is that someone else's opinion is wrong, but I would venture to say the other person would say that your opinion is wrong.

blake833 on B. Schmitz:

"People who call this a disc golf course probably call flour a spice. Or try to teach their pet rock/chia pet tricks because they think that's a real pet. This is a disc golf course in the same sense my sister's childhood rocking horse competes in the Kentucky Derby."

His title was great too.

Honorable mention-- Pizza God on the same course. His hole by hole review sums it up quickly.

DiscGolfCraig on Waccamaw River Park in SC.

"-Bad layout. Bad location. Bad execution. Bad drainage. Otherwise, it's just a poor course."

It was the clause starting with "otherwise" that convinced me not to go there. haha.

Honorable mention--
"IT'S BUILT IN A SWAMP. Not near a swamp. Not with raised paths above a swamp. No. In an actual swamp... After some exhaustive research, I've concluded that disc golf and swamps ARE NOT a good mixture. Disc golf in swamps is even worse. They should be kept separated. I'd be happy to present my findings to Waccamaw River Park."

(Yesterday, I played 2 courses right next to swamps and a 3rd with swampy standing water after heavy rain, so I'm particularly attuned to swamps and disc golf right at the moment.)

P.S.- I was so hoping that his title would have whack-a-mole in it...

DiscGolfCraig on Waccamaw River Park in SC.

"-Bad layout. Bad location. Bad execution. Bad drainage. Otherwise, it's just a poor course."

It was the clause starting with "otherwise" that convinced me not to go there. haha.

Honorable mention--
"IT'S BUILT IN A SWAMP. Not near a swamp. Not with raised paths above a swamp. No. In an actual swamp... After some exhaustive research, I've concluded that disc golf and swamps ARE NOT a good mixture. Disc golf in swamps is even worse. They should be kept separated. I'd be happy to present my findings to Waccamaw River Park."

(Yesterday, I played 2 courses right next to swamps and a 3rd with swampy standing water after heavy rain, so I'm particularly attuned to swamps and disc golf right at the moment.)

P.S.- I was so hoping that his title would have whack-a-mole in it...

This reminds me of my review of Amundson Park in Sparta, WI. It's true...swamps and disc golf shouldn't mix.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=6566&page=1&mode=rev#69749

Covoid? Reviewer talked about Covoid three times in his review, not spelling COVID once. Not like it hasn't been in the news.

Covoid stinks
Other Thoughts: Please understand the club volunteered to put the baskets in after covoid and just the longs were in place. The city is unable to get the shorter pins in along with the signs because of covoid.

It was also a biased local review trying to balance out a low initial rating. This is why you don't list a course until it is complete!!!

This reminds me of my review of Amundson Park in Sparta, WI. It's true...swamps and disc golf shouldn't mix.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=6566&page=1&mode=rev#69749

Nice! Here are some highlights:

Cons: Natural tee pads. I think. I kinda sorta stumbled across a few areas that were tees. I think. It's hard to tell, though, outside the occasional tiny, rusty, bent to the ground flags. What I'm saying, I think, is that there aren't many discernible tees. Just spots where it looks like somebody may have once thrown frisbees from. Or performed a seance. I think.

The course is built in a f@#ing swamp. Remember the scene from Stand By Me, where the kids are walking through the water, and suddenly sink? Yeah, that happened here. I just can't fathom how somebody walked through this area and said "yeah, people are going to love walking through a f@#$ing swamp to play disc golf".

Not cart friendly.

No signage anywhere. Navigation is a nightmare. There are some winding paths that run through the woods. I think. I'd call them deer paths, but I think a buck would slap his fawn if he created such a crappy path through anything. There was the occasional arrow painted on a tree, but I'm pretty sure they just led to a scene from Deliverance (I'm almost positive I heard the banjos playing in the distance). It's most assuredly a trap.

If you're a three toothed yokel, you may see this as a pro, but the course is located directly behind a large trailer park. A swamp behind a trailer park. I can't make this stuff up. To top off this hillbilly sundae, the trailer at the entrance to the park flies three flags: Confederate, US, and "Don't Tread On Me". THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

I think that it was a good review (Sounds like some of our Florida courses).

Last edited:
I think that it was a good review (Sounds like some of our Florida courses).

Sorry. Wasn't clear. The first review of said course was most likely from before the course wasn't complete. That in turn led to the homer review. If the course hasn't been listed yet (still seems that it's a work in progress), we'd get true reviews of the course. Based on the first two reviews, it would appear nobody has a true sense of this course and whether it's good or not.

I really like geeking out on top notch course reviews.

But I also really like bringing down the hammer on ridiculously bad courses.

It's all those courses in the broad spectrum in between that can get tedious. "Another totally average 18er...ho boy, what to say?"