• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

So I have a nicely worn X comet that flies pretty straight with some slow late turn. Would an ESP be one notch up in stability?

So I have a nicely worn X comet that flies pretty straight with some slow late turn. Would an ESP be one notch up in stability?

I did a lot of QnA online about ESP stability. If you want a notch up above a fresh X, probably go to a variant of Z comet. A notch above what you're throwing now? I'd go either A. same weight or lighter in a domey ESP comet or B. max weight flatter ESP comet.

Just get a new max weight X. I could cycle Elite-X Comets the rest of my life and be happy.

Could try a "Z" or big-Z. They're too slick for me, but I know lots of people who love them

ESPs can be tricky if you order online, lots of them are flat and will probably be as stable as a seasoned "X". I have two ESPs, one is flat (a good hyzer flip disc) but it doesn't really fly like a nice "X", it lacks the glide, and the other has the most dome I have ever seen on a Comet and it flies like a lid!

I love Z Comets. I have a big stack of ESP Comets and sometimes I think "I should bag some of those" but I never do.

I love that I love Z Comets, they are waaayyy easier to shop for than ESP Comets.

ESPs can be tricky if you order online, lots of them are flat and will probably be as stable as a seasoned "X". I have two ESPs, one is flat (a good hyzer flip disc) but it doesn't really fly like a nice "X", it lacks the glide, and the other has the most dome I have ever seen on a Comet and it flies like a lid!

I compared a fresh flat-ish ESP to my 1.5 year old X very recently, and they had the same HSS. Like a -0.25 to -0.5. I haven't thrown a fresh Z recently, but fresh X can be surprisingly stable.

I love Z Comets. I have a big stack of ESP Comets and sometimes I think "I should bag some of those" but I never do.

I love that I love Z Comets, they are waaayyy easier to shop for than ESP Comets.

I bag a 2R LE ESP Comet, with one in storage still...I wonder if I should even be throwing them, but they fly so sweet (tall shoulder and flatter top)

I bag a 2R LE ESP Comet, with one in storage still...I wonder if I should even be throwing them, but they fly so sweet (tall shoulder and flatter top)

I found a 8/10 LE ESP at PIAS several months ago. Tried to bag it but found that I was paranoid to throw it so I went back to the Ti. Maybe I'll try it again with a stronger willpower to throw it when I should.

Yeah, I have them from back before the Z's came back into production. Remember when X Comets were all that were in regular production and we would hoard the LE's and the old run of red and yellow Z's with the X Comet stamp? (I was never cool enough to have RR Comets so I'm ignoring them :| ) I'm not sure if I miss those days or if those were dark days.

Those comets and the preds of the same era are some of my favorite discs. I have 5 or 6 of the preds and zero of the comets...

Yeah, I have them from back before the Z's came back into production. Remember when X Comets were all that were in regular production and we would hoard the LE's and the old run of red and yellow Z's with the X Comet stamp? (I was never cool enough to have RR Comets so I'm ignoring them :| ) I'm not sure if I miss those days or if those were dark days.

The dark days were before that when the only Z Comets were the DGLO green ones and the blue RR Z Comets. The DGLO Greens I hated and eventually traded them away. The Blue RR I loved and it really sucked when I lost my main one and its backup with a week of each other :(

I'm aware of the DGLO greens, but once again I was not cool enough to have one.

I have a pretty long list of stuff I was not cool enough to have, actually.

I'm aware of the DGLO greens, but once again I was not cool enough to have one.

I have a pretty long list of stuff I was not cool enough to have, actually.

I had one I found and used for a little while before I randomly found the owner by a small marking he put on his discs instead of his phone number. It's the comet that got me hooked, but I always spent way too much time looking for it. It always seemed to want to hide in the middle of the fairway with that green color. I'm very happy with my orange Z. The plastic on those older Z comets was top notch though.

I'm sort of sad I missed out on the old-school Comets, but then I throw my Johansen Sig Z and I am not sad anymore. Love that disc!

Those who have never thrown the old RR TP Comets are truly missing out. Man I loved those things. Still one of the best renditions of the Comet ever produced.

"I'm not sure on them both releasing at the same time. The esp blend ones, which will be the tour series plastic will be released at bowling green Ams I believe." MJ

Let it be true. Headed to Bowling Green with four other dudes that don't throw comets.

"I'm not sure on them both releasing at the same time. The esp blend ones, which will be the tour series plastic will be released at bowling green Ams I believe." MJ

Let it be true. Headed to Bowling Green with four other dudes that don't throw comets.

Yes!! I guess I should bring a box of some trade fodder and see if I can snag a few.

I'm hoping that the ESP Comet will be in the players pack. Definitely need to bring some trade bait with me.

I have a ESP Meteor, Z Meteor and a Z Buzzz SS in my bag. . how will a Z Comet fly compared with those discs?