• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

Just realized today is officially a year from when I joined DGCR and decided I was going to start playing as many courses as I could.

Been a fun ride so far and I hope to keep taggin and baggin 'em for more years to come.

Dean, good luck with getting all WI courses...LoL. I'm at 321 (including practice areas) and it gets tougher and tougher to justify day trips. Most of my bagging days now consist of me getting up at 3am so I can be at a cluster-ish of courses by around 630am.

Just realized today is officially a year from when I joined DGCR and decided I was going to start playing as many courses as I could.

Been a fun ride so far and I hope to keep taggin and baggin 'em for more years to come.

For some reason, I feel like you've been around a lot longer then that! Keep up the good work!

Dean, good luck with getting all WI courses...LoL. I'm at 321 (including practice areas) and it gets tougher and tougher to justify day trips. Most of my bagging days now consist of me getting up at 3am so I can be at a cluster-ish of courses by around 630am.

Thanks dude! I tend to bag 3-8 courses in one day trip and luckily my job allows me a little leeway during the week.. not to mention I work the graveyard shift so I'm off work at 7am every day.. although the last thing I want to do when I get off work is go play disc golf.. would rather sleep lol

For some reason, I feel like you've been around a lot longer then that! Keep up the good work!

Shoot, me too man! I actually got started a month before I signed up for DGCR on that other DG review site discgolfscene.com. So perhaps that's where you saw me.

Yep. Gonna try to bag all four courses in the same day but I'm sure my legs won't like that.

I just got doing that and I am 51. Played all of Mont du lac in one day plus the Quarry. Got 20 new MN courses in 5 days. Chains Edge is a great place to go to get 3 nice courses in one spot.

I just got doing that and I am 51. Played all of Mont du lac in one day plus the Quarry. Got 20 new MN courses in 5 days. Chains Edge is a great place to go to get 3 nice courses in one spot.

i saw that

thank you for the reviews on those new iron range courses too

chains edge is great woods golf but unfortunately overshadowed by the tc

3-8...pfft. If I'm taking a full day, I wanna get 10-12, dammit.

Unfortunately, my arm starts losing strength after about 6 courses.. especially if its more than 5 18er's in a row.

I injured my shoulder about 10 years ago pretty badly so backhand and forehand throws start becoming a pain in my arm after awhile.

Looking for a few bagger opinions on this one.

Stopped by a park this evening that is supposed to have a 9-hole "seasonal" course at it. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=12760

When I arrived, I found a small multi-use park that was very busy with non-DGers. There was a walking path around the perimeter of the park, and near that path spaced out at maybe 150' intervals were four Axiom Pro baskets. As it happened, the first basket I encountered was labeled with a "1". I did not find any other signage or infrastructure of any kind, so I decided to just throw a few putts at the basket for practice. I then thought about whipping my putter towards the next basket, but decided there were too many people around. So I proceeded to walk around the park and putt at the other three available baskets, which were labeled "2", "3", and "4".

The question is: do I count this course as "played"?

Last edited:
no trails or baskets off in the woods somewhere past basket 4?

The question is: do I count this course as "played"?

U-Disc map shows 9dustunt holes that in no way appear to share baskets. Reading your post, it sounds like you played 4 out of 9 holes (44% of the course), and didn't really play those holes as intended, because they're irresponsibly designed, and didn't want to be throwing toward people.

Personally, I wouldn't count putting at four different baskets as "course played," but that's me.

Ultimately, I believe course counts are like Ace counts. Some people count practice shots, "cubby Aces, etc. Others only count what they hit during an actual round. Some people don't even bother counting. Only you can decide if you should really count it.

no trails or baskets off in the woods somewhere past basket 4?

There appears to be more to it (full disclaimer: I'm just going off of U disc. Never played seen this place).

Last edited:
1) Thumbnail is the course map from U-Disc.
2) I hate that I can't fall asleep, and that I'm not gonna want to wake up to work in a few hours. :\

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-023357.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-023357.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I'd count it. You did your due diligence, didn't commit any aerial frisbee assault to anything other than trees from my understanding, and played what was reasonable to play/putt at.

Course played in my book.

Bogey only plays the best courses in a given area. Even his home state. I play ALL of them in my state, or wherever I'm at. Different philosophies, but there's a reason I'm double his course total. I stay more local (ish) and will play everything. He prioritizes better courses.

It's really your call.

BTW. What in the heck are you doing THAT far east? :D

1) Thumbnail is the course map from U-Disc.
2) I hate that I can't fall asleep, and that I'm not gonna want to wake up to work in a few hours. :\

This is the deciding factor for me I think. I could not find any sort of map (I looked on UDisc but I missed that - non UDisc user here hahaha). The baskets I found were #1-4 on that layout. I don't *think* that basket #5 was there, but I definitely did not think to go across the street and a block over to find #6-9. :D Those baskets could easily have been there.

I'm gonna not count this as played for now. I'll probably be back in this area again and similarly have less than 30 mins before sunset to try to fit in a quick round somewhere.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Obviously this isn't a course I would recommend, lol.

BTW. What in the heck are you doing THAT far east? :D

I work remotely but my company wanted me to come on site and see their shop in person, here in the suburban sprawl north of NYC.

I wasn't able to get in as much disc golf as I was hoping during this work week. But I WAS able to push my flight home until tomorrow night, and a certain top 11 course under 3 hours drive away in central Massachusetts caught my attention...

Last edited:
Looking for a few bagger opinions on this one.

Stopped by a park this evening that is supposed to have a 9-hole "seasonal" course at it. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=12760
Personally, I would do the same as you finally decided. I wouldn't count this course as played either since you didn't see or play holes 5-9.

BTW Udisc says that the tees are marked by red paint and blue flags, so it does at least have tees. (The Udisc hole maps look like all of 1-4 can be played to (mostly) avoid hitting people.)

I would suggest that you get a Udisc Pro account for $15 because it has become an essential tool for course collectors. As one of the first 100 DGCR users, I hate to say that it's a sad reality of modern life that Udisc has the most extensive course directory, so it lists many courses that aren't on DGCR. Also, the hole maps alone will save you countless hours of frustration. (And in this case you could have found holes 5-9 and have another course counted as played.)

ive had to skip some/many holes on community park setting courses if it was super crowded and on a weekend ill usually try to walk it/scope it out tho if possible

i would count it you were there and you made the reasonable attempt to everything within your power

goes back to what if a basket is missing or thunderstorm or flooded course or losing daylight happens

do you count it

some do some dont

Latest posts