• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Vandals cost me an Ace today.

FlightMedic

Bogey Member
I was playing a round on the college campus course today and watched my Tee shot hit the chains fall into the basket and a second later fall through the bottom. I couldn't figure out how it happened until I got to the target and someone had broken one of the rings leaving a hole big enough for a disc to roll through...

7874f9bf69124391e029b09dd5a1f1d5_zps60af79f7.jpg

This is the only course we have in my town and someone has also stolen the basket from hole 3. It's hard to ask the city to build more courses when people keep destroying the one that we have.

This is why we can't have nice things!

I would call it an ace. It's not your fault the basket was messed up.

Warning- this post will most likely be unpopular.

Nah. If there is a hole in the bottom of the basket, I'd give it to you too.

If it bounced out, I'd not call it an ace, but if it falls through the bottom of the basket, count it.

agree. You aced, moved on.

What a pain in the ace to have to haul that basket out to be welded then haul it back in !

I bet they don't even fix it. Unfortunately there aren't many DG players here. I've been thinking about holding a small tournament to raise funds for repairing the course. I think that might bring some attention to the sport and paint us in a good light with the community.

That's an ace. And a darn shame that there are such morons out on our courses.

that sucks...

there's a blind but short downhill hyzer at my local course which is near a high school. the kids use this bottom little area to do drugs and screw most likely. anyway they had a habit of standing on this basket and it was warped.

one day i smashed the chains then run down there to see the basket and my disc on the ground...

It's an ace, whether you count it or not, it is entirely up to you. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't. That thing fell through the bottom of the basket, it's good in my opinion.

I've been thinking about holding a small tournament to raise funds for repairing the course. I think that might bring some attention to the sport and paint us in a good light with the community.

I think this is a great idea!