• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creative ctp prize ideas

Buchajs1

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
What is a creative ctp idea that you think would work for an ice bowl?

Steak, Beer, Moonshine, Glass Art, Artists in general might donate a piece or two if you allow them to solicit sales at the event, likewise local business will donate items if you promote them (print their name on the score card, thank them in the players meeting, get a free meal at BK, $$ redeemable at the local hardware store, etc.). Hand made ready to bake items (cookies, pizza, bread, cinnamon rolls), Grab Bags (each CTP in order gets a random draw at an unmarked bag that may contain any of the above, maybe some are more valuable than others), Scratch off lottery tickets, a Zippo Handwarmer, Accent Lights, pocket knife, whiskey, A new car, a Harrier Jet.

Just some ideas I came up with off the top of my head.

I did bags of popcorn once. My sons are in scouts. I bought a case of the least expensive popcorn I could get and gave it as CTPs. Better yet...get stash minis and put $5 in each one. I can see people unhappy about winning stash minis then they open it for a cool surprise.

Steak, Beer, Moonshine, Glass Art, Artists in general might donate a piece or two if you allow them to solicit sales at the event, likewise local business will donate items if you promote them (print their name on the score card, thank them in the players meeting, get a free meal at BK, $$ redeemable at the local hardware store, etc.). Hand made ready to bake items (cookies, pizza, bread, cinnamon rolls), Grab Bags (each CTP in order gets a random draw at an unmarked bag that may contain any of the above, maybe some are more valuable than others), Scratch off lottery tickets, a Zippo Handwarmer, Accent Lights, pocket knife, whiskey, A new car, a Harrier Jet.

Just some ideas I came up with off the top of my head.

A new car and harrier jet??? where are those tournaments and where do i sign up?

But Martin hit most of the things i have thought of. I played a tournament where a tattoo shop, a coffee shop and some other places offered a gift cards for prizes

I bet if I dug around in the storage area I could find some cool prizes you know - Pogs, Baseball Cards, Lego Sets, Wicker Furniture, Dinnerware, Toaster Oven, A blender, Stereo, PS2 and Games, some old TVs, Some old Playboys and Penthouse, oldschool DVDs and VHS, comic books, board games.

Can't really make booze a prize if it's won by a kid

Can't really make booze a prize if it's won by a kid

odouls.jpg

:popcorn:

I work in radio. I one time emptied the prize closet and gave away a bunch of things...little tool kits, pictures, CDs, tshirts, hats and other things. While some liked those items, others were not happy. I got comments that it was 'cheap'. Apparently if its apparent that you didn't spend additional money on CTPs you're cheap.

that's crap that you would catch **** for that. I often give up discs I have that I never intend on throwing as CTP's, because people can either use them, trade them, or donate them at another time for ctp's.

Try some 'ice bowl' themed goodies. Coffee, hot chocolate, hoodies, gloves, Hot Hands, ice cream shop gift cards, funky shaped ice cube trays, etc.

for league CTP's i've seen; homemade wine, hand knit hats, grab bags, gift cards, minis, discs, innova/discraft/etc license plates/stickers/patches/etc, banners, and also side cash pots.

What is a creative ctp idea that you think would work for an ice bowl?

Did you mean "What prizes are good to give?" or Did you mean, "What are some different ideas for a CTP event?" ie...4x8 sheet of plywood with a large hole cut out at a random yardage, Basket on a 8' pole, an igloo with bowling pins painted as penguins (knock down the most to win) sort of thing?

I see the title states "prize"...

If it is prize ideas...I would freeze all the prizes (that you can) in a block of ice! A lottery ticket in an ice cube. Pocket knife in ice. Flashlight turned on and frozen! A little hard to freeze a harrier though...

If it is prize ideas...I would freeze all the prizes (that you can) in a block of ice! A lottery ticket in an ice cube. Pocket knife in ice. Flashlight turned on and frozen! A little hard to freeze a harrier though...

Cool idea, but its supposed to be seventy degrees

A tournament held near me last fall had 18 ctps. most were $10 gift cards to menards, Subway, or the local disc shop putting on the event. There was two that involved the local radio station as well. So if you can talk the local businesses into donating gift cards to be used as prizes in the tournament. all you would really have to do is post at the tee who was donating the prize and the amount of the prize at each ctp. Menards from my calculations donated around $100 which came in the form of $10 gift cards. Subway was about $50 donation. Those gift cards were split over about 12 holes. so it is possible to have a lot of prizes to give out. if you can get the business to donate to the tournament.

I bet if I dug around in the storage area I could find some cool prizes you know - Pogs, Baseball Cards, Lego Sets, Wicker Furniture, Dinnerware, Toaster Oven, A blender, Stereo, PS2 and Games, some old TVs, Some old Playboys and Penthouse, oldschool DVDs and VHS, comic books, board games.

lol I don't know what I would think if I won a stack of used playboys.

best ctp prize I've seen was a resort cabin weekend (sweet!)
If your tournament is a fundraiser, local businesses will donate prizes not only for publicity but also for the write-off. takes a little effort to get it all hooked up, but it's worth it.

Latest posts