• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

This is on Loriella #6. I had seen this deer on the course before but it looks like it was hit with a buckshot in the hind quarter.

Deer.jpg

I ran into a black bear that was pretty brown in Colorado Springs on the HP course last year. It was standing on the rock ten feet above and behind the first tee pad. My buddy threw before we noticed him and high tailed it out of there.

That sucks someone would take such a small buck, did you get some free meat?

Our area is over flowing with deer this year. But this one was a regular in Loriella park. It's in the middle of a suburb area and is closed at dusk. So it's a fairly safe area.

Some one wounded him and lost the trail before he died.

I already have enough in my freezer to make about 10 pounds of jerky this winter. Besides it's not safe to eat after it's been lying there.

I ran into a black bear that was pretty brown in Colorado Springs on the HP course last year. It was standing on the rock ten feet above and behind the first tee pad. My buddy threw before we noticed him and high tailed it out of there.

nice, I still play that course a few times a month, less now that its getting dark earlier. I've seen a few monster bucks in there and a rattlesnake but never any bear, although in that area I suspect there being bear and maybe some lion.

This is on Loriella #6. I had seen this deer on the course before but it looks like it was hit with a buckshot in the hind quarter.

Deer.jpg

Well that sucks! You should have cut off his antlers and tied them up into a tree as a memorial...

Yesterday myself and 2 guys from Manassas were playing Loriella and on #10 (250' shot over the pond) we were sitting on the bench taking a short break and all of a sudden a very large friendly dog came out of nowhere.

One of the guys had thrown already as the dogs owner & the dog went down the path towards the basket. I mention "I hope that dog isn't in to plastic." as I say that the dog see the DX Wraith and bounds to it and begins to pick up the disc and play with it.

He dropped it right next to the basket. (I didn't know the rule on that) So we just played it from where the dog dropped it. The dog chewed some good holes in the disc.

Luckily it wasn't a favorite disc. One he throws over water so if he loses it it's no big deal. He's going to keep it in his bag for water drives.

Today I'm throwing some practice drives on #12 and as I get to the bottom of the hill to collect my discs Buddy (the dog from yesterday) is at the top of the hill by the tee pad. As I see him I quickly scan the ground and start to hastily pick up my plastic.

As I'm about 20' from my last disc (a new Avenger SS) Buddy beats me to the disc and gets it off the ground. To my surprise Buddy throws the disc in the air and it flies straight to me and I'm able to catch it. No damage on it at all.

swarms of these guys at Southern Adventist U. in Collegedale TN.

anyone know what they are?

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 100
About 20 kangaroos around the basket at my local course and twice I've seen echidnas on fairways.

Roos on a course? that'd be different.

They are not beetles. Beetles have hard wing covers, 6 legs, etc. Dad's an entemologist and traveling with him to collect beetles is how i am increasing my states played. Utah in May!!

Doesn't that zig zag pattern in the web mean that the spider is poisonous? I thought I heard that a long time ago.

Absolutly not. Old wives tale.

But all spiders are "poisonous" its how they paralize their prey. Just some dont contain enough to bother humans.

CA holding a water snake found at Idlewild hole 9 in Charlotte.

302x4iv.jpg

i bet he took a big stinky crap on you. nice lookin snake though. i like seeing the color variations in all the water snake species around the country.

Pet deer? Too cool!

Well I didn't run into any critters per-say but my friends pet deer Elliott (yes, you read that correctly) played an entire round with us on Sunday. Elliott was raised by the family dog Ziggy and the 2 of them play just like normal dogs without leashes. The course is private on my friends property so we didn't have to worry about the usual pet/course rules. You've never truly golfed until you have to push a deer off the box in order to throw!
This is one of the best stories I've read!