• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Cyclone question.

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
I don't actually want one. I'm happy with the discs I own, but my brother seems to think he needs a z cyclone and I'm trying to find something similar because that's oop. (if he likes it and loses it, to keep getting them would pose difficult.)

Is there anything with a similar flightpath like a cyclone? Did they make another disc to replace it? And would esp be better?

Also, if someone else says that esp would be better he might listen to you guys. Haha.

I asked the same question not long ago. The Cyclone is like a Gazelle.

My younger brother is actually stuck on z clones as well cus he prefers z plastic.
Imo the z clones suck. I use a very z like esp and rotate a few tp/cactus' but even a stable esp behaves better than a z.
They have a slightly differt nose and lack glide.

May I recommend a Z Buzzz or perhaps a esp Stalker.

Yes, get ESP. Otherwise try a gazelle

ESP Clones are great little discs, if you don't mind the bead. Probably just a tad bit longer than a Gazelle.

Z lacks the glide that the Cyclone is famous for. It also takes longer to get to the sweet workable spot. X is great plastic, wears in well and stays workable for a long time. ESP's are great as well, wear in a little slower, but they still have great glide compared to the Z version. I prefer Cyclones with a slight dome, the plat ones are too stable for what I want.

I'm generally a fan of Champ/Z style plastic myself, but there are just some discs that are better in lower grade plastic. Pro Leopards and D and/or X Cyclones are two of them.

I'm new to Cyclones and have fell in love with my ESP. I hear alot of love for TP's, but I know nothing about them; can someone brief me on them?

I haven't thrown one, I know my brother wants one. I haven't found where it'd fit in my bag.

I'm new to Cyclones and have fell in love with my ESP. I hear alot of love for TP's, but I know nothing about them; can someone brief me on them?

Tourney pro or cactus clones are just early baseline (pro d) plastic.
Theyre grippy, durable, and the og plastic for the clone and others.

Ive never been a fan of elite x clones and would throw pro d's if it came to it over x.

It doesnt really; between having a buzzz & roc, then xl, tb, & avgr, i dont see what itd do for you.

Yea. My brother wants one, I'd probably drop 1 or 2 of the previously stated for it. If it makes those null, but I'm trying to get info for my brother before he starts buying z cyclones for entirely too much lol.

I really should fix my sig... That's not entirely accurate anymore...