• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Denver Disc Trip end of September

Money_Shot

Silver level trusted reviewer
My friends and I are going to Denver in September to throw. Below i have my planned agenda of courses I want to play. We only have thursday-sunday to throw.

Phantom Falls
mini phantom Falls
Bucksnort
Magic Meadows
Beaver Ranch
Ghost Town
Rocky Mtn Village

Any of these course that arent worth my time and can be set aside to guarentee my time with the other courses, or are there any other courses on the west to southwest side of Denver that i should include in the trip? Thanks for your input.

Magic Meadows is closing this weekend. I would add Bailey in it's place. Make sure you're in shape because the altitude will be a big adjustment. Great list!

Actually had Bailey as my if we have extra time course. One question i have is how difficult is it to get tee times at these courses? A lot of them say it will only reserve 1 tee time (group) per day. This makes me a bit concerned about getting our time booked. Why is magic meadows closing?

Reserve the tee times now. Don't expect to make it day of. Bailey is a must, and you only need to make a donation.. No tee time necessary (same with Beaver).

Thanks for posing this question Money_Shot.

I too will be in the general area of Denver, (before September though) hoping to play a few of the area's best courses. If I may, I'm going to ask a few questions specific to my trip.

Dear Locals: What are the TOP 3 (+/-) courses to play near the Denver/Boulder area? Probably more the direction of Boulder, or as far away as Estes, as we will be up there some too.
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for posing this question Money_Shot.

I too will be in the general area of Denver, (before September though) hoping to play a few of the area's best courses. If I may, I'm going to ask a few questions specific to my trip.

Dear Locals: What are the TOP 3 (+/-) courses to play near the Denver/Boulder area? Probably more the direction of Boulder, or as far away as Estes, as we will be up there some too.
Thanks in advance!

The BEST 3?

Within an hour of Denver, I would say Beaver Ranch, Bailey, and Phantom Falls/Buckhorn.
No offense to Boulder guys, but nothing in Boulder would even be top 15 within an hour of Denver.
Honorable mention would be Jellystone in Castlerock, and Colorado Heights Univ., if you can get on. Denver is really lacking in quality courses, IMHO.

Just to correct my post above, I meant Phantom Falls/ Bucksnort, not Buckhorn.