• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I sold all my SDS Destroyers when the 3-line AJ run came out and used the money to buy more 3-line AJ Destroyers. I think the SDS Destroyers were selling for $30-40 used at the time. The AJ Destroyers cost me ~$14 per disc shipped, so I was easily getting 2 for 1 if not better. I am sitting on roughly 80 of them now and they seem to be going for $25-35 each. Seems like a good time to sell off at that price and do more 2 for 1 on the current McBeth run.

I bag both the AJ and the McBeth Destroyers so I probably won't get rid of ALL my AJs, but I definitely don't need as many as I have now.

I just sold my last unthrown SDS for $65. I sold a few last year for $75 and one used for $45. They were all F2s. At $12 a pop from Factory Store that was a pretty good investment. :D I never really threw a lot of AJ's honestly so I don't have many from that era. I should also buy up some non-engraved McBeths. In a year when they start running flippy Destroyers again, I'm sure there will be people pining for the uber overstable non-engraved McBeths.

80 sounds like quite the collection. You should post some pics. :)

Would people here say that Star Destroyers are currently the most popular, sought after driver? I find them frequently and have a nice stash myself. They seem to appreciate in price steadily over the years too.

For the most part I really enjoy throwing them. Obviously I've run into a few freakish OS ones, but by and large I like the mold a lot.

I've thrown some champion Destroyers too, but I've never really gotten into them. They don't fly like stars.

Would people here say that Star Destroyers are currently the most popular, sought after driver? I find them frequently and have a nice stash myself. They seem to appreciate in price steadily over the years too.

For the most part I really enjoy throwing them. Obviously I've run into a few freakish OS ones, but by and large I like the mold a lot.

I've thrown some champion Destroyers too, but I've never really gotten into them. They don't fly like stars.

Yes, Star plastic is what most people are after both used and new.

Ok I found a Destroyer that last time I was at DSG and it had no mold marking only the weight but it didn't have Destroyer engraved into though. I wonder how much it would go for on one of the FB auction groups?

OOOOOOOoooooo! You're all going to get Disc Golf Rich off your Destroyers! #tensofdollars

The goal is not to get rich but to ensure that I don't have to pay out of pocket for a Destroyer ever again :) I have a good paying job so I don't need this for income.

That being said, new Destroyers tend to provide an 80-100% return every 3-4 years (assuming you sell in 3-4 years) which is better than any fund you can invest your money in.

The Facebook turds are all convinced the mcbeths are a different mold. Less glide.

The Facebook turds are all convinced the mcbeths are a different mold. Less glide.

I have a couple of the earliest run McBeth's and they have the etched out area where the patent numbers used to be and have the same overall shape as two other 2014 tourney stamped Star Destroyers in my stack.

Both of those tourney stamped Destroyers are beefcakes.

I know you don't think the same as them, just saying how ridiculous people are.

I need to throw the McBeths more and see. I've thown 1 and it was probably the most overstable Destroyer I've ever tossed, star or champion.

I couldn't tell if it felt or looked any different than prior incarnations.

The newest destroyer shape in the stores has a much larger leading edge, and the wing is more concave.

Similar to the SBWR run from the factory stores.

A novice disc afficianado will be able to feel the difference between current and previous runs.

Does anyone have some info on how echo stars are molding these days? I'm thinking of picking one or two up from discgolfcenter to turn into hyzer-flippers. I've got plenty of OS back-ups, and some nice glidey ones, but I could use a turnover/hyzer-flip disc to add to the pile.

I bought a couple destroyers to see what all the fuss is about. Been a while since I've thrown them.

Y'all need to appreciate these babies. I bought two bottom stamps and they are awwwwwesoooooome. Pretty beefy without being glideless. Compared to the plh to a few mcbeth and they we're almost identical. I'll examine more later on.

The pro I bought actually hardly turned on a flat rip, too. I'd argue these destroyers are exactly where they need to be.

Got two fresh pros and one red echo star today. White almost star like pearly pro and a yellow one that's a bit stiffer but also feels quite nice. They flew really nice tight S out of the box on a 400ft throw. Pretty similar shape and flight between the two. I hope they'll keep their stability for a while. They will replace my wraith for now.

I read here that newer echo star are more stable but I must have got an older run as it was less stable than both pros. I'll still keep it as a tailwind bomber and lower power wood shots. Was hoping it would be between pro and star tho...

Latest posts