• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Anyone know the current (4/7) conditions at Lester Lorch? Is it playable after the rain this week? I've never been there. Thinking about it this morning. But don't really want to drive for an hour to find out it's unplayable.

Anyone know the current (4/7) conditions at Lester Lorch? Is it playable after the rain this week? I've never been there. Thinking about it this morning. But don't really want to drive for an hour to find out it's unplayable.

I'd imagine it being ok, based off of other places around I've been. The other places I've been around lately have all drained well by this point, and neither Coyote or Beaver really have an issue with flooding. But, no, I haven't been to Lester Lorch since the rain.

Meant to post this here Saturday:

Played Zboaz, Saddle Hills and the new Azle course today. I'm a lobster from the sun. All were first play throughs.

Z Boaz: If I remember correctly, I wouldn't call hole 14 fair. I'm all for technical shots and placement over distance, but from what I saw, there's not a line to the basket. Random trees through all of 14's fairway. I'm tempted to list 18 as well, although its not as bad as 14.

Saddle Hills: lots of blind shots, especially from the longs. If I wasn't with someone who knew the layout, I would have been lost many times. I'm just starting to dabble with long boxes. This was a tough course! The wind today made it interesting. Great use of the land it's on. Nice change of pace with elevation shots. Loved the holes where the creek comes into play.

Azle: short course! We finished in an hour fifteen, and that's with taking our time and unloading our bags on some of the ace runs (there are a lot). Course mainly plays around a baseball/soccer field, with some into the woods holes. Leave your drivers at home. I think the longest hole was around 350. Concrete pads, tee signs, easy navigation. Bit of a walk from 18 to the parking lot (hole 1). Overall fun, nothing too challenging. Good to experience if you are on the west side of the metroplex.

There is a new course coming to Fate, TX (just the other side of Rockwall). I played the layout yesterday with the designers and a handful of other players. The city has done a great job to this point in clearing the course and the designers have laid out a fantastic compliment course to Harry Myers. The course is tight and technical, with a varying array of shots required to shoot at or below par. The city anticipates having the course completed prior to the end of May. The baskets will be Mach 5's and the teepads will be 5x12 slabs. Will definitely be a fantastic course.

^^^
awesome news, thanks!

anyone know what the status of that Anna course?

Where can I easily find info about Lake Lewisville Park and North Lakes Park (Denton)? I know this site has some info on the course pages but is there a dedicated disc golf club in this area? I just moved to Denton so ANY help is greatly appreciated! I just want to get plugged into the local scene..

Denison TX Munson Park event May 11th

DENISON PARKS & RECREATION OPEN
May 11, 2013
Munson Park, Denison, Texas
A 2013 Bluegrass Disc Golf Signature Series Event

PDGA B-tier for Amateur Divisions, C-tier for Pro Divisions
Event 36 holes (two rounds)

Two Rounds Saturday
All amateur players receive custom Innova Champion Disc, mini, & shirt
Big merchandise payout for all amateur divisions
100% cash back for pro divisions

Register on line at http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/586

Day of show registration 8:00 to 9:00 if openings available
Event sold out in 2012 - so register now to save your spot!

Players meeting at 9:15 Start at 9:30

Pro Divisions: $70 (100%+ cash payback)
Advanced Divisions $50
Intermediate Divisions $30
Recreational Division $30

Also, random draw doubles Friday at 6pm - Innova Travelers Baskets for winning team

saturation in dfw?

Do I see correctly ???

THREE different tournaments this Saturday in the "greater" Dallas-Fort Worth area?

Denison is an hour and a half away. Rockwall is on Sunday. I only see Weatherford on Saturday Clay Brumit Memorial on Saturday? I've seen next to nothing about the Veteran's Park tournament...has this been publicized?

I drove by the soon to be completed Fate, TX course on Wednesday. At least 3 baskets are in the ground and 3 tee pads. The fairways have been cleared and mowed at least once.

ETA for playing a completed course is about 2 weeks IMO (just guessing with no confirmation from anyone... just watching it develop).

Thought everyone might like to know.

Is there any word on the proposed course in Anna?

As a side note, I played the new courses in Azle and Springtown last week. The course in Azle is a VERY nice beginner to intermediate course. Awesome Discatchers and tee pads. Very good design considering the land. A fun round on a short course. Most of it was in a disc golf only area (last few holes are near a playground and parking lot). Some elevation changes, in and out of trees. A fun round for anyone.

Springtown was a mixed reaction. It was fun to play... sort of safari style since it was tough to navigate. My friend and I came up with 19 holes to play. It was fun, but a couple of baskets were right next to picnic tables. I actually hit a table on the third hole squarely and was sitting right by the the table for my 15 foot birdie putt. (it's not the only basket next to picnic tables). Fun, but dangerous if the park was occupied. They have the same awesome Discatchers that Azle has, but natural tee pads. Although it was still fun, the course needs a re-design by someone that knows what they're doing. If I was elected to the city council or as mayor of Springtown, I'd pull the thing right away... and you all know how much I like disc golf. The people that were in the park on last Saturday's wonderful afternoon were great. They wanted to learn about disc golf and were eager to comply to requests to move so we could throw. They seemed to be receptive to the course. Any designers want to make a road trip to Springtown, TX?