• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

yea dfw is great for golf, again head out to mckinney tonight for singles and i think LL woods in lewisville has draw dubs tonight also

I'm going to be visiting DFW in May, looks like there will be a tourney at Z Boaz. What can you tell me about that course?

Old course in an old part of town. Makes use of the "elevation" there. Some cool shots. Discs have been known to walk away on a few holes. I would suspect this wouldn't be a problem during a tourney.

Can you not get to Lester lorch right now? They have a detour at Texas plume.

I was there last week and the detour on Texas Plume was past the entrence for the course, so it was not a problem, but that may have changed between then and now.

Does anyone know Barry Caddell? Going through my stash, I found a yellow jk valk with his ink on it, but no phone number. I can't recall when or how I came across it. It does have his PDGA number, so I can see he still lives in Dallas.

I played Cherry Creek in Canton last Friday. It really is a nice little course. We played whites and i thought there was some really good holes. I didn't really care for hole 11 but 12-17 are all ALOT of fun.

Its just not a course that's gonna blow you away as it is though. I think there would be some difficulty gripes from higher level players, even from the blues. But you can tell this course is still very new and in time it will be better.

Concrete from either the white or blues, or both would be at least a .5 bump for me. Is it a solid course? Absolutely. Is it the best course in Texas? Not even close. For me its prob 10-12th in the state. Those guys on discgolfscene.com are smoking something, for sure.

Iowa park birdie bash

I know it's a two hour drive, but it is the closest birdie bash to Dfw. This course just opened on Friday, with ribbon cutting this Friday. But I am trying to get as many players as I can to come up for the event. The course is currently 12 holes and we are trying to get support to expand to 18. The city was surprised to see such a good turnout this week, and with a good first tourney at the local festival. It may be enough to get the area for the last 6. I am working I making the player packs even better. Right now you will get two disc, the shirt, a backpack, and a custom first event mini I had made. We have also secured a woman's prize so the woman can compete against themselves. Top prize for them is a massage from a local spa. If you search the course it's under lake Gordon , it just got its official name.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 22
Anyone know anything about the course in Azle?

All the tee pads have been put in. No baskets as of a couple days ago. They expected to be done pretty quick though.

Seems like it'll be alright. Not earth shatteringly great, but fairly decent.

All the tee pads have been put in. No baskets as of a couple days ago. They expected to be done pretty quick though.

Seems like it'll be alright. Not earth shatteringly great, but fairly decent.

How do you get to the park enterance/parking for the course? I went out there last week and could not find anything:doh:

Latest posts