• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

How do you get to the park enterance/parking for the course? I went out there last week and could not find anything:doh:

Exit's right off of Jacksborough Road. Exit like if you were trying to get to the hospital, then stay on the access road.

Exit's right off of Jacksborough Road. Exit like if you were trying to get to the hospital, then stay on the access road.

My GPS takes me to the exit after the hospital and I never saw the park entrence off of the road that runs down to the lake park.

My GPS takes me to the exit after the hospital and I never saw the park entrence off of the road that runs down to the lake park.

Google maps looks like you'd park behind Azle City Hall. I assume that it's in Ash Creek Park.

I got 2nd in the Intermediate divison last tuesday at the Bicentennial mini :D Shot -4. Kinda DFW Related but just wanted to share lol

Google maps looks like you'd park behind Azle City Hall. I assume that it's in Ash Creek Park.

That is someones back yard with a deer feeder:) Across the creek is wooded. Mid March has come and gone I want some Azle golf:hfive:

Azle Course

It's pretty easy to get there if you exit like you're trying to get to city hall. Theres a parking lot right by the fields, the first tee is right by the lot. I saw it on Saturday, looks like it's getting pretty close. Maybe this weekend?

I love Turner - beautiful course and really well designed. I'll be down there for business again this summer and plan to get several rounds in there and at Lorch.

Friday night flip doubles at Veteran's Park is starting up again!

- $5 per person + $3 optional ace pot
- Concrete tee pads will be played

Family friendly courses in Austin?

Hey, y'all,

I'm headed down to Austin for a couple of days next week with the family. We're planning on hitting up SaltLick, DiscNation and the capitol building, but I was wondering if anyone has any input on area courses that are stroller friendly and/or have a playground at or near them? I would like to play Roy G & Searight and possibly Circle C, but I'm not sure those are gonna be the best with the kids in tow. I'm also looking for someplace to play on the way back to DFW, either in Austin or on the way home.

Hey, y'all,

I'm headed down to Austin for a couple of days next week with the family. We're planning on hitting up SaltLick, DiscNation and the capitol building, but I was wondering if anyone has any input on area courses that are stroller friendly and/or have a playground at or near them? I would like to play Roy G & Searight and possibly Circle C, but I'm not sure those are gonna be the best with the kids in tow. I'm also looking for someplace to play on the way back to DFW, either in Austin or on the way home.

I played circle c and Roy d. I would have to say Roy seemed a bit more stroller friendly of the two, but could take longer to play. It's almost a push but there is more terrain at circle c. You may consider a Waco course on the way back as well

Hey, y'all,

DO NOT take a stoller at Circle C!!!!!! Roy G has two spots that arn't stroller friendly but it is still worth using one. Just know that it is a very long course and you don't go by the car. I suggest parking by the end of the course (2nd to last parking lot) and walking to the start (last parking lot, walk through the gate). Never played searight but I would think that would be the best bet, just keep an eye out for stray discs. No playgrounds that I can remember.

I played circle c and Roy d. I would have to say Roy seemed a bit more stroller friendly of the two, but could take longer to play. It's almost a push but there is more terrain at circle c. You may consider a Waco course on the way back as well

DO NOT take a stoller at Circle C!!!!!! Roy G has two spots that arn't stroller friendly but it is still worth using one. Just know that it is a very long course and you don't go by the car. I suggest parking by the end of the course (2nd to last parking lot) and walking to the start (last parking lot, walk through the gate). Never played searight but I would think that would be the best bet, just keep an eye out for stray discs. No playgrounds that I can remember.

Thx for the input gents...looks like Circle C is out for this trip, it'll have to wait for a non-family trip. Looking at some of the other area courses I might try East Metro in Manor. Several reviews mention a playground at the site so it might be worth checking out. Also looking at playing Lion's Park in Temple on the way home.

Agreed, Circle C is huge - pack a lunch, you are going to be walking quite a bit. Hit Searight for something more family-friendly and shorter, or check out MetCenter which is one of my favorites in Austin. Usually not busy at all, really clean and well laid out course.

62289_10151413376128196_1182997594_n.jpg

Is there any way to get permanent pin relocation on Dash's Track #11?

so i just played the new Azle course and the new Springtown course. both of them are pretty cool! and they're not doinky little small town city park courses either.

the Azle course is spread around the edge of a large field that also has a baseball diamond and soccer field. the holes go in and out of the woods around the edge of the park. the wooded holes are tricky too: tight lines and doglegs. there are some lefty-friendly holes that require a FH from a righty. 18 new discatchers, 18 concrete pads, poles where the signs will be including some navigational aids. most of the holes are on the shorter side and some of the holes on the back 9 are pretty close to each other. there are a couple mandos but still.

the Springtown course was surprisingly good. 18 holes on 10 baskets (brand new discatchers). natural pads marked with a log and a stake in the ground. there are numbers painted on the grass indicating each hole number. 8 holes back, hole 9 by itself at the end, then you go back and replay each basket including one that you skipped earlier = 18 holes. a creek runs throughout the course and comes into play several times including 4 shots across the creek.
the course is a lot bigger than it looks when you first arrive and a couple of the shots are really challenging, including a few that will probably lose a couple more trees before there is really a good tee shot. good mix of long and short. there are also walking trails throughout and lots of pedestrians when i was there. overall, a well-thought design despite the obvious safety issues from playing most baskets twice.

Last edited:
I just want to let everyone know that I discovered this wedkend that Cherry Creek is about as good as Lake Park after rain. Sandy soil. There are some puddles that collect, but they are mostly out of the way and the ground is still firm, not muddy. I think there were maybe two other groups on the course.

I just want to let everyone know that I discovered this wedkend that Cherry Creek is about as good as Lake Park after rain. Sandy soil. There are some puddles that collect, but they are mostly out of the way and the ground is still firm, not muddy. I think there were maybe two other groups on the course.

:thmbup: awesome, thanks!

Latest posts