• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

i think the only way you make this course work is if all the tees play in the opposite direction of the road, limit it to 9 holes, and put up signs on every path, sidewalk, and park entrance warning pedestrians. then the disc golfers will hopefully only be hitting each other on the interior.

I drive by Founders Park frequently. I have yet to see anyone walking in the park. The idea of the course is an effort to get people in the park. If the increased safety end up causing problems from people actually being in the park, then the course will be considered a success.

after seeing this thread i stopped by there and walked through the park. i saw many people there on a weekday afternoon. i dunno, maybe i got the wrong idea about the place but it didn't seem deserted.

There's always people there, at ALL hours of the day and night. It's a 16 acre heavily wooded park with a walking path right through it, and all around it. They're going to attempt to contain all of the holes within the park. I'm just hoping whoever designs it has experience, and doesn't try to throw in blind holes and shots like that. It truly needs to be a putt and pitch kind of 9 hole park. Ace run every hole type of gig.

We've got a 9 hole here in Rowlett at Springfield Park. It's a sad little course, can be fun with a putter and it's great for learning to control discs. They kept it away from walkers and such pretty well and there are 2, maybe 3 holes that are actually nicely designed holes. It's just at the back and side of the park, mowed by tractors so in the spring and summer after a rain, the ruts are atrocious.

One idea though is maybe this course will be good, and do good for the community and the city will see that and foot the bill for a nice, 18 hole course some place. Dallas definitely has plenty of open land to work with.

Best courses in dfw

Harry myers, towne lake, lester lorch, turner park, veterans park, lake park lewisville, the jaranator, z-boaz, bicentennial, and bear creek are the top courses in dfw.

Audubon, jimmy porter, the cedars, paschall, arcadia #2, alex clark, and denton north lake park get honorable mention.

Harry myers, towne lake, lester lorch, turner park, veterans park, lake park lewisville, the jaranator, z-boaz, bicentennial, and bear creek are the top courses in dfw.

Audubon, jimmy porter, the cedars, paschall, arcadia #2, alex clark, and denton north lake park get honorable mention.

Welcome to the forum. I can't disagree with that list (except for maybe arcadia, but I don't get to the Ft. Worth side very often). Of those you listed though I have not played Jara, Bicentennial or Denton.

I especially like courses that are paired close together like Beaver/Coyote and Jimmy Porter/Greenbelt although doing both courses at Lorch can be pretty brutal in summer. It's also fun after the intensity of Towne Lake to unwind with a putter only or three disc round at Alex Clark.

On the honorable mention side, I think there are plenty more that could be added, Bill Allen among them. We are very fortunate to have all of the choices that we enjoy here.

Living in Rowlett, I play Harry Myers the most, followed by Audobon, then Paschal and Fate. I should play Fate more often, it's really a nice course as long as its dry. On exceptionally windy days, the trees provide plenty of wind cover.

Tyler is a bit of a drive for some, but it's definitely worth the trip and day spent playing 3 courses right there together, haven't played the ROC course there yet. Canton also has a decent little course as well, but again not really something to drive to just to go play, more of a "passing through" trip. We camp/ride Tyler State Park a few times a month.

I spend too much time worrying about one of those junipers grabbing and hiding my disc to have much fun at Fate. I've gone back several times to give it another chance, but I just can't seem to enjoy myself there. I'll just play Harry Myers twice instead. LOL

I really wanted to get out and get a round in, since I was off today. But besides it being cold and rainy, and most of the local courses not handling rain well, im also flooded In and can't get off the street I live on.

I spend too much time worrying about one of those junipers grabbing and hiding my disc to have much fun at Fate. I've gone back several times to give it another chance, but I just can't seem to enjoy myself there. I'll just play Harry Myers twice instead. LOL
Ha-ha. On Tuesdays when the wife is at work and the kids are in school I'll play Audubon, Myers then Fate, grabbing lunch in between. Mixes things up. But I can easily play Myers twice too and enjoy it just as much without the driving around to get to other courses.

I really wanted to get out and get a round in, since I was off today. But besides it being cold and rainy, and most of the local courses not handling rain well, im also flooded In and can't get off the street I live on.
Yeah I played battle of the bon last year and it was a soupy mess. With this kind of slow soaking rain, I move the practice basket in to the living room and practice my in the circle putts.

..................I can't disagree with that list (except for maybe arcadia..............

I take that back, I must have been thinking about somewhere else. Arcadia isn't a bad course at all and certainly deserves an honorable mention (lost a brand new disc to #17 the "disc eater" though).

Disagree with Lake Lewisville. The first 9 holes are pretty fun, but most of the back 9 are pretty boring IMO. I wouldn't put Turner in the top either. It's fun, but not premier DFW course fun. I like Northpark better.

Trophy Club is probably my new favorite right now. The redesign was amazing. Definitely agree on Lester Lorche and Z Boaz. Towne Lake and Harry Myers are also pretty great.

That bites, at least I could get out to Whataburger and get a breakfast taquito. No disc golf in this mess though.

I drove by Bear Creek yesterday morning. Parking lot was at least a foot under water. Driving back by in the afternoon it had cleared, but I can't imagine playing it for at least a few days.

I keep hearing about how good Trophy Club is, I need to get over that way and play some disc golf sometime once this weather clears up. Maybe if we have a string of spring like days again I'll be able to. I'm a creature of habit, I stick to my home base a lot.

I keep hearing about how good Trophy Club is, I need to get over that way and play some disc golf sometime once this weather clears up. Maybe if we have a string of spring like days again I'll be able to. I'm a creature of habit, I stick to my home base a lot.

It's hard to say. It was looking decent. Still needed some work. But the floods hit it hard in May/June. And it keeps getting it every few months. It hadn't got time from its October cleaning before being probably flooded again after this weekend.

It's hard to say. It was looking decent. Still needed some work. But the floods hit it hard in May/June. And it keeps getting it every few months. It hadn't got time from its October cleaning before being probably flooded again after this weekend.

Grapevine Lake is only a little over 8 feet in flood. That might bring the water line up to the 11th fairway. It's probably still playable, if they let you in. 2 bucks a car at the gate.

Update on Grapevine Lake. This morning it was 11-1/2' over flood stage. That's not good. Trophy Club is probably going to be closed for a while. Most, if any, of the flooding will probably be on hole 11 and the parking lot near its tee.

Update on Grapevine Lake. This morning it was 11-1/2' over flood stage. That's not good. Trophy Club is probably going to be closed for a while. Most, if any, of the flooding will probably be on hole 11 and the parking lot near its tee.

That is sad. We played it just a week ago and it was probably in the best condition I've ever seen it in.

Latest posts