• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

13 and 14 could use some work.

i like technical shots as much as the next guy but there's only so much you can do. my primary point was that this layout is a huge improvement over the last one.

My first time out there last year I thought the holes that would guide you back toward 15 would be on the other side of the creek from #11's basket. Playing back that direction with the houses on one side with sloping fairways to the creek on the other side seemed like a natural fit to add some technical holes to a relatively long section of the course.

I guess needing a bridge put there would be a pretty big hang up.

So I see lake park is closed...what about trophy club? Didn't know if it's closed cause of the water too or if that's even why lake park is closed. Also is it mowed? Etc? Thanks

So I see lake park is closed...what about trophy club? Didn't know if it's closed cause of the water too or if that's even why lake park is closed. Also is it mowed? Etc? Thanks

Lake park is closed because the city is upgrading the area and they said they will put a disc golf park back in if there is room.

Trophy club I have heard is still very watery in areas

There was a meeting with Lewisville Parks and Rec, course is closed until Feb 1st. Some Tee Pads and Pins will be moved/replaced AFTER the re-evaluate the course on Feb 1st. There's a hike/bike trail going in through some parts of the course.

Lake park is closed because the city is upgrading the area and they said they will put a disc golf park back in if there is room.

Trophy club I have heard is still very watery in areas

That's incorrect. At the meeting with the city, they said specifically the disc golf course will stay. Any tees or baskets that are moved will be moved and put back to specifications of the other tees and baskets. Layout will change, but the course will stay.

That's incorrect. At the meeting with the city, they said specifically the disc golf course will stay. Any tees or baskets that are moved will be moved and put back to specifications of the other tees and baskets. Layout will change, but the course will stay.

For Dynamic Discs to abandon the Lewisville disc golf scene and move (rapidly) to Carrollton tells me they may not have much confidence in the city of Lewisville supporting disc golf long term.

For Dynamic Discs to abandon the Lewisville disc golf scene and move (rapidly) to Carrollton tells me they may not have much confidence in the city of Lewisville supporting disc golf long term.

To me that was very telling. Could of been timing but I don't know. The first update I saw didn't really seem to look good, but I know the DD guys said they were suppose to have a meeting within a day with the city. But I never sAw an update status.

I played the little nine hole course in Lawnview Park. The baskets looked new, but they appear to be the same as the baskets at BB Owen. The course isn't on this site, but it's not a "destination" course. Not bad at all for practice.

I don't believe that is the case, I think it's more the flooding problems they had this year. It had to hurt that course was unusable for much of the past few months. Add to it that it is closed now even more for renovation and the decision is fairly easy...

I don't believe that is the case, I think it's more the flooding problems they had this year. It had to hurt that course was unusable for much of the past few months. Add to it that it is closed now even more for renovation and the decision is fairly easy...

I believe it was on their facebook that the floods, lack of business, closing the course down, and the deal they got on the building space made it a very easy decision to move.

I played the little nine hole course in Lawnview Park. The baskets looked new, but they appear to be the same as the baskets at BB Owen. The course isn't on this site, but it's not a "destination" course. Not bad at all for practice.

Another 'downtown' course after Founders went in? Pretty cool. :thmbup: Should be a nice lunch course for people that work in the city.

Wonder if someone at the Dallas Parks dept is getting on board or there is a someone new making decisions. Would be nice to see some of the Trinity greenway they have such big plans for or the area by DBU dedicated to disc golf.

Another 'downtown' course after Founders went in? Pretty cool. :thmbup: Should be a nice lunch course for people that work in the city.

Wonder if someone at the Dallas Parks dept is getting on board or there is a someone new making decisions. Would be nice to see some of the Trinity greenway they have such big plans for or the area by DBU dedicated to disc golf.

Can anyone add the course to this site. I am not familiar with the park or the layout.

Yea. I drove out to founders from south Fort Worth (a few weeks ago) just to knock it off my list on a Friday. On Saturday I saw a post from the east Dallas page that the baskets went in. A litte frustrated that I could of knocked out both instead of making anther trip. But I don't know if it has an "official" name or enough about it to add it. Anyone can add it

So is lake park open now that it's after feb 1 or is it closed indefinitely?

Yea. I drove out to founders from south Fort Worth (a few weeks ago) just to knock it off my list on a Friday. On Saturday I saw a post from the east Dallas page that the baskets went in. A litte frustrated that I could of knocked out both instead of making anther trip. But I don't know if it has an "official" name or enough about it to add it. Anyone can add it

Close to Fair Park too, would be cool if any basket pic opportunities had both the Texas Star and downtown in the background.

Close to Fair Park too, would be cool if any basket pic opportunities had both the Texas Star and downtown in the background.

This is not a scenic park. It's a bit of a swamp in the White Rock Creek flood plain. Being in the valley, I don't think you can see Fair Park or downtown from the park. It's right across the street from the Lawnview DART rail station.

This course and the views are nowhere close to what you'll find at Founder's Park. I wouldn't get any type of hopes up for a disc golf "experience" beyond getting in some practice on a mostly open course with home made baskets (same type you'll find a BB Owen).