• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Dreams?

Ok, so I had this dream where my wife and I were at a fancy ball, but I was carrying my disc golf bag. I looked down, and the bag was completely empty. Just then some lady said, "I know where they are." I asked her what she was talking about, and she said, "Your discs! They're out back by the lake."

We walked out the back door on this mansion, and were standing on the back porch looking over this expanse of grass, to the trees on the other side. The lake was hidden inside the trees. Just then my wife said, "Man, he's really big!" I asked her who she was talking about, and she just pointed behind us. There was this gigantic cylcops standing right there, so we started running. I turned to look back, and he was chasing us, shooting chickens at us with a sling-shot. We made it to the trees, and for some reason, that made us safe.

We walked through the trees to a bench, and I thought I saw some discs laying under the bench, but realized they were fingers. At that point I realized that all of the fingers on my left hand were gone, so I picked them up and put them back on my had. After looking around the lake for a while longer, we headed back to the house.

When we got to the house, the party was over, but there were a bunch of creepy little kids in the house that said they'd call the witch if we tried to go through the house to leave. My wife turned to me and said, "I've read this story, watch this." She picked up a phone on the back porch, and called another phone that was upstairs, and the kids all ran up to answer the phone. We ran through the house and got out on the other side.

At this point I was alone, and standing on the side of a dimly lit street. I started walking, and after while I came upon a childhood friend's bedroom. It wasn't in a house, or anything. It was just his room sitting there on the side of the road. I saw my entire collection of discs scattered around his room, but every time I would pick one up it would turn into candy (I think I mentioned this part in another thread, where I didn't have the energy/time to write this whole thing out). That was when I woke up.

why do you think we have dreams of disc golf//?

Why do we dream about any particular thing?

I have had alot of DG dreams, and I haven't even been playing a year yet. Can't remember any specifics, though. I think its the addiction and thinking about DG all the time that makes us dream about it.

Can anyone really explain dreams further than that they're weird? This thread is interesting, but it could get weird....

why do you think we have dreams of disc golf//?

I think we just tend to dream about stuff that happens to us, or things we think about no matter how tiny of a thought it is during that day or week.

I've just recently started having dreams affect my sleep recently and this one really stood out. I was "self medicating" for awhile and never remembered even a hint of a dream during that time. Now that I've taken an extended break for awhile they have returned and are more vivid than ever. It actually kinda sucks because now I sleep like crap.

I woke up after the dream I described in the OP at about 3am and had to go out for a cig just to relax and to get myself to quit checking my ear to make sure I wasn't missing any portions of it lol. I probably didn't fall back asleep for 30-45 mins after that.

I had a dream a few weeks ago about finding a bunch of discs in the lake. At one point I found a red disc sitting on top of a white disc and was able to grab both with one hand. The dream was so vivid that it woke me up.

The next day I went to the lake because I couldn't get the dream out of my head. That's when I saw it, a red Monster sitting on top of a white Teebird. Reached over into the water and grabbed them both with one hand. Creepy.

All of my dg dreams are more like dg nightmares. The last one I had, I started behind a group of ten people and it was just me and a bud playing. Each hole, the group grew by at least ten people. By hole 2 I was yelling at them to let me through but they were all like, "chill out man, we're moving fast." By hole 3 I emptied out my bag and nailed each of those suckers square in the forehead.

I had a dream a few weeks ago about finding a bunch of discs in the lake. At one point I found a red disc sitting on top of a white disc and was able to grab both with one hand. The dream was so vivid that it woke me up.

The next day I went to the lake because I couldn't get the dream out of my head. That's when I saw it, a red Monster sitting on top of a white Teebird. Reached over into the water and grabbed them both with one hand. Creepy.

Ok that belongs in the creepy thread in the landfill. You should change your name to John Edwards LOL.

All of my dg dreams are more like dg nightmares. The last one I had, I started behind a group of ten people and it was just me and a bud playing. Each hole, the group grew by at least ten people. By hole 2 I was yelling at them to let me through but they were all like, "chill out man, we're moving fast." By hole 3 I emptied out my bag and nailed each of those suckers square in the forehead.

LMAO Sounds like something I would do IRL lol. :hfive:

This thread makes for some interesting reading! If you were a psychologist, you could gain some real insight to some of the members here by interpreting their dreams, lol. In general, though, dreams are kind of fascinating.

Mine's more of a nightmare really. I'm at this posh country club and I'm playing a DG course set up by the caddies/employees, that goes around the clubhouse, pool areas, etc. For some reason I leave my bag after I tee off on hole 1. When I remember to get by bag again, I discover that it's completely empty! I just stand there looking into the empty bag and start to panic a little. But then I notice there are stray discs almost everywhere I look. As I start to pick some up, they're all tacoed or deformed in some other way. Thankfully about that time I woke up. I've probably had other DG dreams, but that's the first I really remember.

So my crazy dreams consist of oddly shaped disc... I'm talkin triangulars and rectangles -

Whoa!! I just had this dream last night. The disc was triangular, and the flightplate came up, like a very short pyramid. Plus some wierd wings, weights, or something coming off the points.

I look at my friends and said: "Oh, this is that company that names thier discs 'Hail Mary', Wing and Prayer', 'Miracle' and stuff like that... I think it's a christain company..."

Funny thing is: I've never even seen any plastic from this company. Preminition? Maybe I should buy one.

I've had a dream that one of my Ions delaminated... man was I pissed off in that dream. I woke up, and checked my bag. I do that alot after a DG dream.

Last edited:
dreams speak in metaphors, you aren't actually dreaming about disc golf, just something being represented by disc golf or the actions within it

I had another one last night. I played 17 holes on a very neat course with an old friend. He was killing me and then aced 17 by skipping off a concrete backstop and hitting the tone pole. We didn't make it to the 18th because I woke up.

I think every disc golfer has had the dream where they randomly find piles and piles of discs in random places. I'm always very disappointed when i wake up and realize it was a dream.

I keep dreaming that Im throwing and wake up to actually jerking my arm while Im laying on it. Really wish I'd stop doing that because it hurts like hell!