• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG shoe addicts, share your expertise!

Did you try applying like 3-5 coats?

the initial time yes, but after it wore down I only did another one or 2. Bed lining really just made the fabric more brittle and prone to cracking then anything else.

the initial time yes, but after it wore down I only did another one or 2. Bed lining really just made the fabric more brittle and prone to cracking then anything else.

Ill try out that baseball product then, thanks alot for the suggestion.

A pair of shoes for fair weather and people with wide feet are Altra Superiors.. Not the best traction on mud but the best feelimg shoe I've ever worn.

Those are the type of Hedgehogs I have. The tread still looks like new, and they are working very well to keep my feet dry in wet conditions. Too bad they don't have them in my size.

Vibram discontinued the Spyridon trail running shoes and I'm considering picking a pair of those up for disc golf. The Lontra would be a better winter option tho.

Do these run big or small? I am typically a size 11 but they are sold out and only have 11 1/2 and 10 1/2 -- trying to get an idea of which one would fit better. Thanks! :)

I think this is a good looking shoe for disc golf, not that looks are all important, but there are some things I would kick my own ass before wearing~

Hunt around online, there were a few retailers selling around that price when I bought them. I am always a 10.5 and these run a tad long. Not bad, just a bit sloppy if I don't lace up.

New Balance... cheaper than crack...

and last about as long too...

I bought a pair of Minimus shoes last Nov. and they started tearing by January. I paid too much because I didn't search for a deal, I just used some gift card I got from a pair I didn't like that were a gift.

I found Joesnewbalanceoutlet.com.... big coup or big mistake? Not sure...

I bought 2 pairs of rainbow Minimus, same model as my "tournament shoes". I still like them, only on the first pairs, and they tore at the toebox.

Bought a couple pairs of cheapo NB running shoes a few weeks later... It's now about March.

Bought 2 pairs of 1010s Minimus with a different more aggressive and taller sole. Now I have 7 pairs. Still wearing my first pair of those, ripping in a bunch of places, but uber comfortable. This was probably June...

Bought 2 MORE pairs of 1010s in November. I just figure at the prices I get em for, who cares! 9 pairs in one year. I have worn 5 pairs, 3 pairs have what others would consider catastrophic failure.

But... I still have 4 more pairs once these fail...

I paid:
$85 for my first pair.
$70 for my next TWO pairs ($35 each)
$40 for my next TWO pairs ($20 shipped each)
$65 for my next TWO pairs
$45 for my last TWO pairs.

so, for $305 I got 9 pairs of shoes... I'll be OK for a while.

Just got my new Cushe Baja Base shoes from the Clymb today, they are pretty damn comfortable and feel durable. They don't have much ventilation though so my feet were kind of sweaty walking around at work. Can't wait to get a round in with them. Also, I ordered them Wednesday and the Clymb gave me an ETA btw 26th and the 30th so I was pleasantly surprised to see them arrive early.

Just got my new Cushe Baja Base shoes from the Clymb today, they are pretty damn comfortable and feel durable. They don't have much ventilation though so my feet were kind of sweaty walking around at work. Can't wait to get a round in with them. Also, I ordered them Wednesday and the Clymb gave me an ETA btw 26th and the 30th so I was pleasantly surprised to see them arrive early.

Great choice, I plan on buying another pair as soon as my size is available again

I just bought the Oboz Arete to try out during the Spring and Summer months...they aren't WP but I can spray them down to make them water resistant. Hopefully they last longer than my Dela's.

La Sportiva makes some of the best shoes in the world. Possibly the best. Not quite dog-proof, though.

New Balance 1521's. vibram sole, waterproof Gore-Tex, fits tightly to your foot so no sliding around, athletic type shoe, good looking, I got mine for only 80$ on amazon. they are great for disc golf.

A good place to find good shoe deals is Marshall's. They always have Merrells, salomons, new balances and so on for $50-60 but limited sizes.
I have a pair of Vasque Juxts and Salewa alpine's and both of these brands are bulletproof. My vasques are going on 3 yrs. now and look like they will last another 3 yrs.

I just ordered a pair of Asolo approach shoes that look perfect. Vibram sole, gore tex, suede and a rubber toe cap. Honestly I'd never heard of the manufacturer before but I got a good deal on them probably because they are an off color.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/8672-red-wing-shoes/8672-red-wing-mens-hiker-boot-brown

8672boot.jpg

heavy as hell. built like tanks. this is what i wore once it got too cold for my vibram five finger shoes. truly do not give a ****. the cool thing is you can go ahead and buy the redwing insoles that you heat up in the oven and then mold to your feet, then use those. a winner in my book. i bought them when i started bar-backing and bouncing in minneapolis. they won't slip on anything, ever. waterproof, go ahead and spill all sorts of cleaning chemicals on it. they won't care. really heavy though.

in the summer, though, vibram five fingers all day.

Last edited: