• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hellfire-OS Fairway

Shooter14

Eagle Member
Spotted on the PDGA site...

"Are you looking for an overstable fairway driver that can get you more distance than the disc you're currently using? Look no further than the Hellfire. Tested by power throwers, this disc maintains a consistent hyzer line and will not turn over making it a reliable choice in windy conditions. Backhand throwers will love the Hellfire's predictable hyzer lines. Sidearm throwers will trust its stability and will be able to throw accurate flex shots. The Hellfire is a great utility disc, perfect for rollers and overhand shots. It features a true flat top and feels great in your hand. Are you ready for this new addition to your disc golf arsenal?" - by DGA

Shasta said on the DGA Facebook page that it was like a faster, more overstable Firebird.

I checked the specs, very close to a Venom:

Venom 174.30 21.00 1.60 1.20 16.60 2.20
Hellfire 175.10 21.10 1.60 1.20 16.70 2.20

I was really hoping for a slower stable fairway. The Undertow is just too fast for my taste.

I was really hoping for a slower stable fairway. The Undertow is just too fast for my taste.

I'm wanting that too. Maybe next release.

Trusted review of Hellfire, "Stable, beefy, & reliable. ProLine version is pearly and a bit tackier. The SP version is stiff, and appears a touch more stable. "

This sounds like a thing I would quite like.

I picked up a Limited Edition Z Venom from Marshall St last year, and that disc is beeftastic. I'd be lucky if I could throw the thing 200 ft!

It's interesting that DGA is moving away from storm/wave related names for this mold.

I'll probably try one just because I'm a DGA fan, but I don't see how it can be much different from my Flex Hurricanes.

I'll probably try one just because I'm a DGA fan, but I don't see how it can be much different from my Flex Hurricanes.

I'm thinking the same thing. But I've always been a little concerned that the Flex Hurricanes aren't Hurricaney enough, and DGA would want them to fly closer to the Prolines. In that case, I might have to add something like a Hellfire.