• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little bitter you have an ace and I don't...
I'm only kidding but in all seriousness. I've hit basket twice, belt 3 times, chained out twice (possibly more). But I don't have an ace. I'm doomed to an aceless life.

I have also lost an ACE disc or two (a 3-timer was jacked by a punk teenager running across the fairway just a month ago), but it only hurts for a short while. Just like anything, you get over it and move on. That is my opinion.

I have seen the other side of the coin too. While in Philly, there was an awesome golfer named Clive Russell - The Discin' Jamaican. He was an absolute Cobra magician at Sedgley Woods. He had hit over 100 ACES (I believe around 120 when I left) and retired them all. It was quite an impressive collection!

...what?!?! I can't believe a kid runs around doing that. I swear I wasn't such a punk when I was younger, but that probably just means I'm getting old. :p

The funny thing about an ace at a park like Deerfield (and the park I aced at) is that it is usually a heavily overpowered throw. I aced with a driver on a 181 foot hole, lol. Don't put too much pressure on your buddy who hasn't gotten one yet! If he is laying em up that's better than throwing em in!

And yeah, you're exactly right, haha. If I didn't hit chains, there was a little downhill slope behind it and I would have ended up on another fairway :p.

...what?!?! I can't believe a kid runs around doing that. I swear I wasn't such a punk when I was younger, but that probably just means I'm getting old. :p

No doubt! This was on Hole 16 at Jefferson Barracks in STL. The landing area is unfortunately right next to a sizable Section 8 apartment complex. Needless to say, there are a bunch of unsupervised adolescents running around. It is a VERY unfortunate sidebar to an unbelievable course. It fortunately doesn't happen but once in a great while. More often than not it is stupid stuff like emptying out the pencil box or ripping the tournament flyers off of the tee-sign posts. I did get a glimpse of the culprit and recognized him as one of the regular idiots. If I see him again there will be repercussions. He, thus far, has heeded the warnings that were yelled at the top of my buddies lungs and not shown his face.

BTW, SWEET ACE BROTHA!

4th ace Sunday morning. Hole #4 wildcat course on Abilene Christian University's campus. Flicked a max. All 4 aces are with maxes. 4 people on the card. Lots of 4s there. Lol.

got my first ace after multiple metal hits and chain outs today!
Hole 6, rosedale down under, esp comet.

got my first ace after multiple metal hits and chain outs today!
Hole 6, rosedale down under, esp comet.

Nice, I am staying in olathe for a couple days and almost went to Rosie today but couldn't talk anyone into playing up there. My first metal hit was #6 down under, but I have yet to get one to stick anywhere at rosedale. I went to this short course close to here called pleasant ridge and hit an ace on #7 (couldn't be more than 175') then on hole 9 I grabbed the same disc (a D Zone) and jokingly said to my buddy "this is what you call a 2 for 1 special" and skipped it off of the top of the basket :wall:.... It would be nice to pull it off, but I retire all of my ace discs so any multiples with the same disc would have to be the same round.

Nice, I am staying in olathe for a couple days and almost went to Rosie today but couldn't talk anyone into playing up there. My first metal hit was #6 down under, but I have yet to get one to stick anywhere at rosedale. I went to this short course close to here called pleasant ridge and hit an ace on #7 (couldn't be more than 175') then on hole 9 I grabbed the same disc (a D Zone) and jokingly said to my buddy "this is what you call a 2 for 1 special" and skipped it off of the top of the basket :wall:.... It would be nice to pull it off, but I retire all of my ace discs so any multiples with the same disc would have to be the same round.

Im only going to retire this one since it is the first.

My first ace!!

Today!

Shumaker Pond, Salisbury MD

Hole 1, Red/Red, 199 ft. Z Buzzz.

Nice straight shot, slight hyzer at the end, all chains!

Wooooooooooooooo.

:sick:

He was sick nasty though, i have to admit.

BTW hark, got a new phone, lost your #. Text me next pens game so i can cuss at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.