• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lax with my scorebook, I my 3rd ace on 8/10 during a practice round before league. #10 @ Schenley Park w/beat Star (hole is just over path)
c4fc4002.jpg

Then I hit my 4th on 9/28 on #13 with a Z Buzzz (basket was through the gap between the darker trees on the right, further down the "fairway")
5d75cbbf.jpg

I witnessed the first one and was on the course for the second!

Ace at Morley Field hole 18b

So last night after work I went to play a round at Morley Field in San Diego. Wasn't sure if I would get a whole round in with losing daylight so fast. By hole 11 light was already faded. By the time we reached hole 18 it was already dark and couldn't see the basket. The basket sits a tad to the right almost straight out about 230ft on a small mound with a big tree right behind it, with tree lines on the left and right down the fairway. It's a great lefty line with discs fading to the right.

The thing is I've seen more aces on the hole than any other and it's all been by righties, with either thumbers, slight anhyzer putter shots, or flex sidearm shots. It's a dream hole for a lefty yet for four years I have yet to hit the basket. It's a touch shot where if you put to much on it you may pull it and hit treelines on the left. Too soft and you hit treelines on the right.

I pulled out a Glow Stalker and just imagined the line in my head since I couldn't see the basket. After the release it felt pretty good, didn't hit any trees left or right, and then after a couple seconds, I hear the sweet sound of crashing chains. Walk up and there it sat in the basket. 7th ace of the year, #16.

hole181.gif

299188_218946484838874_100001705729482_583913_620520898_n.jpg

Aced this little guy the other day in a league got me a whole $36 haha. Did pretty much what was pictured too and the best part I called my shot! Stood up and said "Let me show you guys how to ace this one" **CHAINS** Gotta love it!

e4582d7b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts