• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hole #1 at Zilker in Austin TX, not technically an ACE, so frustrating
ae56d99f.jpg

Dixie Lee DGC/Practice Ace

Don't have and ace yet during a regular round this year, but I did hit one while just practicing some random holes on my course. Purple Hole #1, about 200' with a <10' elevation drop.

The orange line shows the typical route for the hole, but my tee shot went way off-line right...
picture.php

hit the propane tank (the basket is circled in yellow)...
picture.php

and ricocheted right into the chains!
picture.php

Aced hole 5 back course at Splatt Hill on friday. We were playin a casual dubs round and my partner parked it. I said all that's left to do is put it in. Threw a destroyer a little to wide and aggressive. It hit some leaves and shot way left into the chains. #29 for me and my first redirect/hit something and go in ace.

#9 at Pioneer Park in Kirkland IL. Second ace, first one was just a 123' shot at Nims in Rock Falls so this feels more legit at 203' and sort of my home course, work right next to it. Sure feels good.

No ace for me yet this year, but I sent one of my friends a ringtone/notification-tone I recorded of a disc hitting chains, and he bagged his 8th ace the next day.

First ace ever tonight. Downs Farm 9A. Short downhill, not much to brag about, but it's my first ace, and the first I have witnessed on that hole. Shoulders feel lighter now.

Just got my first ace ever, hole #18 at Carter Park, Bowling Green, OH. Slight annheisser (sp?), clipped a tree branch, and chains!

Used an Innova XCaliber btw.

Ace number 2 tonight slight hyzer with a FLX Drone on hole 3 at New Holstein 135 feet. Let it go on the hyzer line looked good skipped off the top of the tray and just chains!!!!

Hello everyone. I am Bob Edward. I newly join this forum from Pakistan. I found this forum really very interesting and informative. Really very interesting topics with comprehensive discussions. I like it to discuss here in this site.

Really quality poster here fellows ;):clap:

I've hit 2 aces so far this season first was @ the beginning of the season on hole #1 @ Alcantra DGC(Wasilla Alaska)

Second was hole #8 @ the same course. Got it on video if you look through the media content for the course here.

They come in 3's. Got #30 today. 3rd ace in 3 weeks. Hole 12a Truckee River course with a $ Star XD. I finally got a dubs ace with 5 $20 members there. Got paid!Its straight down through the last set of field goal trees.
905ed34b.jpg

Got my second ace yesterday in a league and drained half ace pot which was at about $650. Same disc as my first one too! Oh, and I won an extra $15 for winning the event.

They come in 3's. Got #30 today. 3rd ace in 3 weeks. Hole 12a Truckee River course with a $ Star XD. I finally got a dubs ace with 5 $20 members there. Got paid!Its straight down through the last set of field goal trees.
905ed34b.jpg

I've been bugging Dunipace for YEARS to make a production Star XD. He is getting sick of seeing me at the course 'cuz I ask him every time.

another,on a roll

First three aces all since Easter, second one was 5-21-12, got nother today at Kirkland again, hole 2 245'. Sure is fun.

after 5 years and 3 cubbies, i got my first legit ace today
hole 2 at Dash's Track in Frisco, TX
210' on a little downhill. really was just a bad throw that somehow skipped in
175g X buzzz
fe87cf6b.jpg

First Ace ever since I started playing in 1998...

I started disc golfing in 1998. Got my 1st ace yesterday on Angry Beaver hole #1. 1st shot of the day. Kyle witnessed from the comfort of his trunk and signed my disc. 235 ft with a 171g KC Pro Roc.

Later during the round I eagle'd 382 ft hole 8 with a 320 ft Stingray drive and solid 60ft putt. Got my 1st ace and 1st eagle on the same day!

The best part of it...I am leaving the social group "Never had an Ace". Here's a good book I read that might help others vacate that group as well: Golf Is Not A Game of Perfect, by Dr Bob Rotella - was recommended by the always reliable Spinthrift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts