• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhuff

Double Eagle Member
Fun day today 01/01/2012.
Aced hole 12 at herman C on a HUGE anhyzer, just messing around with that shot and nailed it...Few holes later my buddy aces hole 2 from Long position just as i'm saying "Let me get my camera phone out and video these shots...oh your thowing, that better not go in" CHING. Then I get up and nail my 2nd for the day, got that one on video. Uploading it now.

Fun day today 01/01/2012.
Aced hole 12 at herman C on a HUGE anhyzer, just messing around with that shot and nailed it...Few holes later my buddy aces hole 2 from Long position just as i'm saying "Let me get my camera phone out and video these shots...oh your thowing, that better not go in" CHING. Then I get up and nail my 2nd for the day, got that one on video. Uploading it now.

Ace was just hit before I could get my camera out so there is one in the basket...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygnsWYSHgU

got one yesterday.. first day and ace of 2012.. 4th total..

RHBH 172 Barstamp Z Buzzz on Hole 9 @ Sertoma in Walhalla, SC
2d918601.jpg

2012 of to a good start. Ace #26 hole 9a at North Tahoe Lions DGC. Jk Aviar in the whole way. Short hole 210ft but i'll take it.

JPZ (a Moseley regular) nailed hole 16 at McCurry on his first throw of the day. 11x Firebird hyzered right into the basket. Took home the $43 ace pot from our weekly random draw dubs, as well as first place.

... all with 20+ mph winds hahaha

JPZ (a Moseley regular) nailed hole 16 at McCurry on his first throw of the day. 11x Firebird hyzered right into the basket. Took home the $43 ace pot from our weekly random draw dubs, as well as first place.

... all with 20+ mph winds hahaha

nice!

Hit dead center chains today at loriella park hole 9 and it spun itself out of the chains so aggravating, I have hit all over the basket and chains about 5 times yet no sticking. :(

1-4-2012 and the temp rose up to the 50's here in southern Iowa, so it was disc time!!! Lake Fisher in Bloomfield Iowa was the course, 256 ft downhill hole 4 was the location, 173 Mvp proton ION was the disc, slight anhyzer was the flight and ACE was the outcome!! Not bad for first round of the year.

1/3/12 - River City Nature Park, Debary, FL (49 degrees F, calm wind)- Hole 9 short pad (270ft) 167g star destroyer with a LHBH hyzer bomb. (Ace #3 all-time)

It's pretty much an open field shot with 4 tall skinny cabbage palm trees scattered across the 250ft mark with the basket approximately 20feet further and in between the 2 middle palm trees. You can get a disc stuck in the tops of the cabbage palms but otherwise a pretty straight forward hole, you just have to get it down there. 270ft short, 340ft long pad.

Gotta love the sound of those chains from the tee pad! It never gets old!

1-5-2012 Lake Fisher, Bloomfield, IA- Hole 7(marked 291, gps 301) open fairway with trees on each side the last 3rd, basket is on left behind some trees creating a mini dogleg.

175 Innova Teedevil,rhbh, threw flat down the right side, faded,skipped 25-30 ft, nothing but CHAINS!!!

This happened 2 holes after I nutted a fairway ace from 90-100 out with my Prodiscus Jokeri....
what a day... what a year already!!

2 aces in 2 days

Last edited:
Aced hole #8 at Azalea in St. Petersburg. My first -9 round on a 9 hole course. The only hole I didn't birdie/ace was hole 4. That hole is 345 and my 20 foot putt for birdie hit chains and spit out. That would have been 10 under on a 9 hole course!

Well I'm happy to report the first DGCR ace of 2012! Hole 17 at Turtle Creek Park with my red 11x KC Pro Teebird! Was hit on Thursday afternoon.

I also just found a 9/10 bar stamped JK Valk just laying in the parking lot with no number.

Lucky day!

Here is the weapon that got the job done..

133868_g.jpg

I aced hole 2 at Rancho Acias Park in Murrieta, California on January 6th. It was the 1st time I was ever there and my 169th course played. The hole was 303ft. I threw a KC Pro 11x Teebird out to the right like 30feet and high and it faded in. Caught me off guard since I had no expectations and had hit chains or liped out a few times earlier in the day when I was in San Diego. It was my 18th ace for my career.

I also heard another DGCR member hit hole 4 in yucaipa 250feet with a sick forehand skip today.

Got my first one of 2012... :clap:

Not a long hole but an ace is an ace. I left my Wizards in the car by accident and I would normaly throw one of them on this hole. Instead I threw my DGCR Z Buzzz that I had two aces on already.

Hole #7 Garlough Park 120'
Garlough.jpg

The hole does not look like this right now even though our weather has been ridiculous the last few weeks. It was 50 today and our normal average should be in the teens right now.

First ace of my career tonight on hole one at verdugo hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.