• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first ace this year in the Carolina Clash, Bradford Park Hole #3. I hyzer flipped an esp Meteor, 295ft direct hit! Dynamic Discs paid out $50, only ace of the Carolina Clash this year.

Last edited:
Skip ace on 18 at Grignon Park in Kaukuana, WI.
Number 3 for me. :D
5b23849c.jpg

1st ace yesterday. Hole 2, Arrowhead Park, Wilmington, NC. Never thought it had a chance until it went in. Finally!:D

We played a 18 hole putter tourney(2 laps of 9) on a little 9-holer yesterday morning. Unique format in that local league players donated putters and when you showed up and played you had a blind draw for your putter that was the only disc you could use for the round. Crazy part was that we had two aces by people using discs that just picked up - One guy is a member on here.

Hit my second ace today, 9 days after my first. Max Roper park hole 20. Its uphill around 220 and plays like its about 260-275. Star eagle, hyzered right in. :D

I got my first ace today on hole 3 at North Drive. Its a 305 ft, slightly uphill, wide open hole. Forehanded my blizzard destroyer and it turned a little and faded right in. Threw it way too hard, if it didn't hit the chains it was gonna be in the woods 75 feet behind the basket. I was so excited I didn't know what to do.

Hole 10-Blue at Diamond X with a 175 '07 Halloween Roc, 2nd ace on that hole, brings my total to 11.

Hit my second ace today, 9 days after my first. Max Roper park hole 20. Its uphill around 220 and plays like its about 260-275. Star eagle, hyzered right in. :D

is it 220 or 285? Sig makes it confusing.

What!?

Got my first ace on Hole #8 at Johnson Street Park a couple weeks ago. It was glorious!! It's not a long hole but it's a steep, narrow, uphill one. Threw my Amp and it did it's beautiful slight turn and just a perfect fade through a tight gap to blow the chains up like a grenade. Left me on cloud nine for a few days. That's makes all the bug bites and poison ivy ithching worth it. I'm a lifer now, I love this sport.

Attachments

• 93dd4fe1.jpg
    93dd4fe1.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 33
Hole 1 on the short tees at Lakewood hills, watched the wind brutalize my son and buddies shots so I disced up to a predator so I could just drive it through the wind into the hill behind for the deuce. Instead I skyed the **** out of it, and the wind knocked it down hard before the fade started, nicked a tree and settled into the basket like butter. 2nd ace ever, should have waited for tomorrow when there will be some money on the line :)

Hit two aces Saturday during the Great 8 tourney in the Raleigh-Durham area. No cash payout, just some coupons because they were CTPs for each course.

Ace #1: Kentwood, Raleigh, NC. Hole #3 (220 ft., flat) with a 175g R-Pro Rhyno.
Ace #2: Middle Creek DGC, Cary, NC. Hole #5 (282 ft., downhill) with a 174g Cryztal Z Buzzz SS.

Well, I saw this thread, and I just couldn't help myself.....

My son got his first ace this past week...... AT AM WORLDS IN EMPORIA!

Hole 18- Emporia Country Club
Amongst the witnesses...... Eric McCabe.

Not a bad time to get your first one. Turned out to be a difference maker in the end as well.

Made Ace #4 at The Sinks on hole 4, short tee to short basket.

Sign says it's 207' but I feel it is shorter, like 175-180' or so. Blind shot.

RHBH Comet, went to the left of the black plastic protected tree, followed the tree line on the left and held the line straight into the chains. Barely heard it, jogged up and it was sitting pretty.

Finished the round even par though....

9cf08be2.jpg

This approach shows the basket in one of the far positions. The short position is right where that green patch of grass is right below the yellow circle, before entering the woods.

678dc457.jpg

hole 7 at garlough in minnesota. dinky little 9-holer . . . basket sits 120 feet, according to this site. it's a straight downhill shot with pretty much nothing in your way.

i really was hoping for a more impressive first ace, considering i've bounced quite a few off of baskets and chains elsewhere -___-

I just got #3 at Vienna park in Michigan. I tossed my ESP zone on a low hyzer line and watched it skip right in there.
roughly 205 feet and my first of the year finally. Its been since november gosh

Well, I saw this thread, and I just couldn't help myself.....

My son got his first ace this past week...... AT AM WORLDS IN EMPORIA!

Hole 18- Emporia Country Club
Amongst the witnesses...... Eric McCabe.

Not a bad time to get your first one. Turned out to be a difference maker in the end as well.

That was one of the buzzes of the weekend, 'hey, did you hear about the 10 yr old that ACED CC-18?!'

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. Have 4 on the year so far. Will have to make sure and post my next one. :thumbup: good job everyone! Keep em coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts