• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashed a 309ft wooded, up hiller last night in league. Hole 11, Turkey Creek Iowa City.

025_zpsb445eda2.jpg

But it was with my only NightShift Destroyer thrower, so I am currently trading super heavy for a new NS Destroyer thrower if anyone has 1

Hit Green 8, "The Frog's Eye" at Diamond X with a Z Cyclone on the 14th. 10th career ace, 6th ace on that hole, 2nd ace in one week!

Got my 1st ace ever after almost 3 years. First throw of the day at ford park in redlands ca. Hole number one with a buzz ss. Not another golfer for miles to celebrate with.

Valmont, #4!

I came up the hill at Valmont backwards after running out to the middle of the Course to say hi to some pals. First disc out was a yellow Buzzz SS that I recovered from a ditch at a neighboring course. First throw LHBH with no run up took a sweet line, and I knew I hit it from the moment it left my hand.

That sweet moment of quantum entanglement with the disc ensued and I let out a war-whoop or two when a kid on 7 who saw it congratulated me. I don't care that it is the most aced hole on the course, I was really stoked.

I played the rest of the round By reverting to the mean. 4 under after taking an hour long beer break at a local garage brewery before throwing 17 and 18.

All this after our weekly round has failed to produce an ace in the past month, and now is laden with a $123 pool!

Oh we'll, the is always the next one...

Aced #12 @ Columbia Park yesterday. A group of like 8 people were @ the picnic bench, none of them watched me throw, but they all turned when they heard the chains & saw me with my hands up.
Been 5 years since my last one, hope I dont havta wait that long for my next.

I had another tournament ace yesterday. My weekly pays out $50 to all aces. Since I run the event I got nothing. It was #151. I'm on my way to 200.

Hit #18 at Glenn Hilton with a skip thumber. Due the # of aces mentioned above I will not tell you how many I have had.

I just got my second ace on Saturday at East Roswell Park on hole #12 using a Prodigy M1. I just got the disc on Father's Day and I've only had a dozen or so throws with it. I was just telling my 7 year old son as we were walking up to the tee pad how it's so rare to get an ace and that after thousands of shots, I only had one. Hole 12 is 218ft fairly open with a few trees to contend with and an island of O.B. in front of the basket. I threw a hyzer which I thought was going to skip too far to the left on me when it left my hand. I was shocked to see it smash dead center in the chains!

There were two guys in front of me who witnessed it and signed the disc for me. One of the guys happened to be Matt Eatmon who works for Prodigy and plays open division. Pretty cool indeed.

I had another tournament ace yesterday. My weekly pays out $50 to all aces. Since I run the event I got nothing. It was #151. I'm on my way to 200.

Thats crazy to think about, congrats.

I hit my first ace tonight. Hole 9 at max e. roper. About 220, hole sits on the side of a steep hill. feels good man :D

Does it count if it was a practice round by myself and I hit it on the third of three shots off the tee?

People have different opinions about this but really, you're the one counting your aces so just decide if you think it counts.

It didn't feel all that exciting at the time since it was my third try, so I guess I don't count it.

Got 6 White @ Buckhorn today. 249'.

Hit it with my super gummy xout Mako. That's my third mako ace.

I know it doesn't count, but I had to take the picture of it wedged in the homemade basket. So close.....

Attachments

• 0703030837b.jpg
    0703030837b.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 0703030837d.jpg
    0703030837d.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 26
I know it doesn't count, but I had to take the picture of it wedged in the homemade basket. So close.....

Nice. These should go in the Homemade Disc Golf basket thread. So are these yours or on another course somewhere?

I threw a second drive on Hole 4 - Maple Hill Gold today that went in. It was exciting for 3 seconds, until I put my head down and realized I still don't have an ace yet in 400 plus rounds over my first two years of disc golf.

I have this beat medium wizard that I threw for drives, upshots, and putts for a year. It's all kinds of warped and misshapen. It's been out of my bag for quite some time. I released it on a hyzer it flipped to flat, dead straight for the duration of it's flight, hit the chains dead center and stayed in. Needless to say, my trusty medium wizard is back in the bag!

Hole #8, Rose Hill East, Kamloops, during the Canadian Championship. My first real ace ever, and what a doozy! It was only 165' but has a huge gully between the tee and the basket, with a bunch of trees on the left. Since I'm a LHBH thrower, I pulled out the only thing that I though would fly straight enough to clear the trees, then meat hook to the right, my Prodigy D4. Sure enough, it cleared the trees, started to hyzer, and caught a lucky gust of wind, which pushed it all the way to the basket. Had to split the ace pot with two others, but came home with $190!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts