• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

Aced hole 10 at Oak Grove in Fargo on Friday, then proceeded to ace hole 16 in the same round. Unreal. I think I've used up my luck for the year and it's only June.

Well, after 2 1/2 years I can finally post on this thread. Aced hole #2 at Castle Hayne DGC in Wilmington NC. Usually throw a comet on a high hyzer, figured I'd change up and throw my Echo Star Mako today. Threw it nice and high, turned my back to pick up my bag and.....BANG!!!!! No witnesses, but I took a video walking up to the basket for proof.

I had an ace in my dream last night. Tight wooded hole at my local course with high basket...had trouble getting my disc out because im short:)

I hit my first ace of the year a few weeks back in a tourney, first throw out of the car for the afternoon round. From the long pin 456ft Red Course in Tyler Texas

db89bfd7.jpg

First Ace!

Garlough Park, hole #2. About 300 ft.

I threw my KCPro Roc just to the left with a little hyzer flip. It went out I and turned as I envisioned (that's a good feeling in itself). The line looked good the whole way. I held my breath, not wanting to get too excited. Bang! Dead center! I must say it felt like everything I thought it would.

I didn't take a photo, but attached the one from DGCourseReview and added my line (Or near enough).

Attachments

• Garlough Hole #2.jpg
    Garlough Hole #2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
Hit my first ace ever!
Hole #11 Isel Park New Zealand.

Just a short easy 150ft hole.
Big hyzer line with my D-line P1.
Chains never sounded so good.
hopefully there will be more to come.

Hit my first ace ever!
Hole #11 Isel Park New Zealand.

Just a short easy 150ft hole.
Big hyzer line with my D-line P1.
Chains never sounded so good.
hopefully there will be more to come.

Just aced the same hole with a buddy of mine, he had just got a new P2 i asked if i could throw it, bam same shot ace.

Gotta love.

Vibram ACE!!!

I got my third ACE today. Hole 13 Schenley Park in Pittsburgh PA. I threw a 168gm Vibram Obex. Second Vibram ACE, both of which I was wearing the same shirt, must be good luck!

What a GREAT Feeling!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3802.jpg
    IMG_3802.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 7
Few weeks ago, flicked my firebird on hole 9 on the White course at Shore Winds and got an ace. Totally blind 223 foot dog leg right. First ace, have only been play a year, super pumped.

I finally got one this year, hole 8 at Eagle's Edge with a backhanded SP Squall. I was playing at night with three buddies, and on the first round, I threw a sweeping hyzer and drilled the top of the DisCatcher's stupid yellow band. I duplicated the shot on the next round, and sure enough, chains. This was my first time using the Squall as a night disc. Needless to say, this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

First since March 2013, Aced Hole 1 Wabun Picnic area. Went on to play a perfect round, -10 for 9 holes. First time I've accomplished this, although I'm usually running aces and leaving 30-40' come backs.
First Forehand Ace :), First Skip Ace :) first Solo Ace :(
Some dudes across the park gave me a thumbs up after I yelled Woo Hoo - just cause they needed to know.

Attachments

• ACE 6-29-15.jpg
    ACE 6-29-15.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 7
No Aces in 2015 until this past week...
06/20/15 - Played local doubles on Father's Day in a group with my son and skip aced #9 at Veterans Park with a Whippet
06/25/15 - Playing other local doubles event and chained out on my last hole #9 at Shillito
06/26/15 - Drove to Ashland to play doubles Friday night prior to the Oil City Classic
- Started on Hole #1 and chained out
- Aced #14 on a blind shot with a Star Max.

Two in a week and 2 other solid hits that chained out.

hole 14 mt. airy, aced in short location. 285 feet. then on top of that hole 15 which is 560 feet, i took a 2 on. hit a 150 foot up shot.pure spike hyzer. amazing 3 shots in a row.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=6376&p=c123bf54

Now I know what all the fuss is about .. very unexpected ace today, playing casual round on the Reiger Olson course in Stacy, MN .. I was actually throwing multiple discs as the only one on the course, so not sure if it really counts, but an ace on the 155 yard 1st hole, with a 164g DX Wolf, is a nice little incentive to try for more ...

I have only been playing two full months now, and started out throwing RHBH, but hurt my right arm almost immediately after starting ... I didn't play for about a week or so, and then read where someone else has been throwing with the opposite arm due to injury, so thought I would give it a try ... I was a serious baseball player for many years, so LHBH is not all that foreign of a motion having been a RH batter... as right arm continues to heal (still putt RH), I look forward to being able to throw ambidextrous ...

Just to keep things in perspective, the next two discs I threw both ran right into close by trees ...

Got my first ever ace today :cool: ! 259' hole, fairly open, tree on the left slightly hampering the forehand line I usually take (been caught by those branches more than once trying to hook in from too far). VIP Air Boatman left the hand nicely flat, turned into a slight hyzer, which is held all the way to the chains and stuck :hfive:

On a sidenote, my friend's one and so far only ace also came with a VIP Air Boatman.

Latest posts