• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2019

Big shout out to Jim Shelton for a great solo round this past Tuesday. Anybody else around here top a -7 at Johnson Hills? Did you do it with only 3 birdies? I'm not sure he's on DGCR, but but he was pretty excited about the back to back aces on 5 & 6! Congrats, buddy!

Must be karma. Mention a friend's ace & get one yourself that week...
First of the year. Woodland Mound hole 2 with my trusty Cryztal Buzzz. That bad boy needs a nickname!

Feeling cute, might ace #9 at MWSU later, IDK.

Big pics:
ZsM7v5C.jpg

fBblnye.jpg

Aced #8 at West Lake in Winona with a Thunderbird on Jan. 2. Had a spillout on the same hole my second year playing.

That is from the tale end of the fist generation type course and was the first I ever played, West Lake made in 1986. The course was too easy even for beginner standards now with all the discs out. I got to play in last weekend in July 2003 thanks to an uncle that hurt his ankle very slightly the night before with hacky sack, my brother then asked to come along and beat everyone with closer putting 20 feet and under once he had putted on a few holes. Yeah the other course the Willows when I played that last in 2018 summer needed the baskets to get replaced, they are old worn out, and those basic Chainstars do not catch all that well, they are the least favorite type of basket among disc golf players.

Last edited:
Lifetime Ace #9 (and 7th in the last 11 months)!

Hole 2 - Dretzka Park - 222'

167g Champion Firebird, and this one was an RHFH skip-in!

QMJft6f.jpg

0Nv25Vg.jpg

HHRQHek.jpg

Here's one you don't see too often:

Jump-putt skip ace!

It was the least satisfying ace I've ever gotten, but certainly unique.

This was on a temp hole at the Tar Heel Open last weekend (same tourney where Dan Hastings went -20 and all that).
~140 ft. downhill through woods. Jump-putt was my play all weekend, but I came up a little short in the first few rounds. In the third round, I tried jump-putting with an old Roc, and flew past the basket.

Final round, I jump-putted with the Roc again, this time on a lower line. Somehow, it picked up speed going downhill, and skipped off some leaves. With the downhill angle, that skip brought it right to basket height, and it softly caught chains and went in!

So yeah, a jump-putt skip ace. Who knew that was even possible? Kind of a stupid temp hole, but I'll take it.

Last edited:
Went out to the worlds easiest pitch and putt to film an entropy vid. first hole im tossing my putting ions fh to warm up and sink the first (90'). camera off. oh well.

start filming and get to hole 3 (120') and sink a flick ace with the entropy.

:thmbup: dinky as hell but ill take it. digging this mold!

I got hole 8 at Rock River Disc Golf Course in Watertown today with a sirius aurora ms. It just went dead nuts straight at it and never moved until it crashed into the basket. Hole is a tick over 300'.

70f1b14a.jpg

what's 14 years anyway?

I'm kinda double dipping as I originally posted this under "cool photo" a couple of weeks ago but this was my first ace since 2005. Kind of a dink shot of 151 feet. But after a drought of almost two decades, I was pretty damn happy. I now have an ace in four different decades :)

Attachments

• IMG_3966.jpg
    IMG_3966.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 16
I've hardly played at all this year as 8 hurt my knee around Christmas and again about two months ago. I was throwing around the home course today a little. I was throwing a lot of forehands to avoid pivoting on my right leg. Threw a few putter backhands... very carefully.

So this isn't an official, scored round, ace that I will keep track of. But it was nice hitting one at all as little as I've played. It's a short (150ish), very downhill hole and I nailed it with a DX Aviar P&A.

Rats. Thought I had a pic of the hole. Bummer.

Last edited:
Got my first 2019 Ace on Tuesday at Runaway Rocks (private unlisted) on hole 18. It would have been OB if it had not hit a guardian and "treebounded" into the basket. I was playing with my Wisconsin buddy on the first day of his visit. Ironically, my last ace was on the last day of his visit last year. Also hole 18 but at Sandhills DGC in Asheville.

Haven't had one in a while, and been doing a lot of summer upgrades at Williamsburg, so it was nice to get out for a fun throw at Woodland Mound today and ace the shortie #9 again. :thmbup:

I got my first ever ace this past Sunday at the Acker's Acres Open/Dave Acker Memorial (PDGA B-Tier) in Maine. Nothing spectacular and even a bit dirty. Hole #16 on the Wicked course, 200' straight on shot with little in the way. Threw a zero hard burst mercy and it started drifting a bit right of the basket. Smacked a tree about 10' to the right of the basket and ricocheted like a laser into the basket. I managed to share the ace pot with two other people and brought home $220.

Such a great day! I've been playing casually for about 9 years but only starting to improve my game as of last year. It's definitely showing.

Got my 8th Ace overall, my first of 2019.
Hole 1 Hiller Park

Threw a red G Star Thunderbird, 170 feet over the water to a peninsula green.

Attachments

• Hole 1 Tee to Basket.jpg
    Hole 1 Tee to Basket.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: