• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 San Francisco Open presented by AbsoluteXtracts 10-May to 12-May-2019

"Another human doesnt act like i want them to, lets ignore them"

Her attitude is the best part of her game. She is there to win, not make friends. It is her job, i dont blame her one bit for taking it seriously.

U prolly dont like bat-flips in baseball either .... Lol

If she took it serious her foot would not be consistently off you ass hat. you a monkeyyyyy

Last edited:
Hole performance charts.

attachment.php

This is pretty good overall, isn't it?

If she took it serious her foot would not be consistently off you ass hat. you a monkeyyyyy

Name calling huh, nice. We were all monkeys once. Thanks for the science lesson. Not sure what an "ass hat" is but neither of those noises would bug me in person. (Not that u would have the stones to say it to me in person)Thx for the chuckle.

Cat just needs to keep doing what she is doing. Winning

After looking throw all the FPO rounds i can say that Cat really dont hit her mark that often. . one of the worst must be her second throw on hole 9 R3. . she places her fot ON the disc and it jumps up and land a bit forward. . big fot fault..no call

Yeah ur prolly right, lol, smh

Being a poor sportsman and cheating the rules to win is super admirable.

In case you miss the sarcasm: We're not talking about bat flips or showing off, dumbass.

Im right most of the time so i will read that first half as truth. Name calling is a great way to show ur "sportsmanship".
Im sure ur a real treat on the course.

Cats a winner. You are probably not. Maybe speak up when u get to that level. (Not sarcasm)

Im right most of the time so i will read that first half as truth. Name calling is a great way to show ur "sportsmanship".
Im sure ur a real treat on the course.

Cats a winner. You are probably not. Maybe speak up when u get to that level. (Not sarcasm)

cat's also a poor sport and a cheater :gross:

Foot faults will never be called consistently until there's an official with each card doing the reffing. Players don't want to call other players, because it's seen as a dick move, and they don't want to be retaliated against and get called when they throw.

I 'niced' that ten times. Only one showed up. :thmbup:

I entirely agree that players are just not going to make these calls on each other, and that doing so creates a whole new plague of problems. They need marshals/refs of some kind.

I called a guy on a foot fault back in 08'. Ended up in a knife fight right there mid round. I closed out with a roundhouse kick to his knife hand, then I used my chi power to put him on the ground. Onlookers cheered louder than that time Ricky Aced at the Utah Open. It was glorious.

Lesson: Always call foot faults, but always be prepared to brawl.

I imagine all the pros have a limit on how far another player can misplace their plant foot for a violation to have clearly occurred.

I imagine all the pros have a limit on how far another player can misplace their plant foot for a violation to have clearly occurred.

And this reminds me of Wysocki's egregious foot fault, which Nikko DID call, but Wysocki refused to confirm (he grabbed his cart and was trying to get out of their as fast as he could) and McCray refused to confirm. So Wysocki got away with it even when it was called on him, and there was a lot of bad blood and fallout from the incident.

So with examples like that, why would other players risk their call not being confirmed followed by a lot of tension and bad blood?

Ergo: the present system does not work.

Foot faults will never be called consistently until there's an official with each card doing the reffing. Players don't want to call other players, because it's seen as a dick move, and they don't want to be retaliated against and get called when they throw.

If they're not committing violations themselves, what would they be concerned about as far as retaliation goes?

It's the ****ing attitude that a legitimate and fair call requires retaliation that is the problem. Are these same players going to want to take a swing at a ref for making a call? I thought we are all supposed to be adults. No reason why players can't be adults about the responsibility of being both player and referee in our game.

And yes, I realize what a pipe dream that is...but so is thinking we're ever going to reach a point where there are impartial referees at every tournament. Something has to give.

And this reminds me of Wysocki's egregious foot fault, which Nikko DID call, but Wysocki refused to confirm (he grabbed his cart and was trying to get out of their as fast as he could) and McCray refused to confirm. So Wysocki got away with it even when it was called on him, and there was a lot of bad blood and fallout from the incident.

So with examples like that, why would other players risk their call not being confirmed followed by a lot of tension and bad blood?

Ergo: the present system does not work.

Hard to argue with this. The system is not working. Potential solutions seem unrealistic given the already massive supply of free labor every event depends on.

I called a guy on a foot fault back in 08'. Ended up in a knife fight right there mid round. I closed out with a roundhouse kick to his knife hand, then I used my chi power to put him on the ground. Onlookers cheered louder than that time Ricky Aced at the Utah Open. It was glorious.

Lesson: Always call foot faults, but always be prepared to brawl.

Clear front runner for most disc golf post of the year.

If they're not committing violations themselves, what would they be concerned about as far as retaliation goes?

It's the ****ing attitude that a legitimate and fair call requires retaliation that is the problem. Are these same players going to want to take a swing at a ref for making a call? I thought we are all supposed to be adults. No reason why players can't be adults about the responsibility of being both player and referee in our game.

And yes, I realize what a pipe dream that is...but so is thinking we're ever going to reach a point where there are impartial referees at every tournament. Something has to give.

It's definitely going to take a culture shift for the current broken system to work. Top MPO and FPO players right now take these rules calls unnecessarily personally. That's a product of the top players being inherently competitive people (have to be to be that good) and the players they are competing against for money, sponsorships, and spotlight being the ones who have to make the calls. Heck, players in rec at a C tier get ticked when you call them on a legitimate foot fault. Of course the top pros are going to get heated about it.

There's too much at stake for someone to make a call (even a legitimate one) on another player and have it not be a conflict of interest.

Any game where the players are the ones who have to make difficult rules calls in real time is always going to produce tenuous rules scenarios. You ever play pickup basketball? Fouls are a nightmare. The current system, out of necessity due to lack of labor available for officiating, places unreasonable expectations on the game's top players.

Latest posts