• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 San Francisco Open presented by AbsoluteXtracts 10-May to 12-May-2019

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://www.throwsfo.com/
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/39807
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tourn...Francisco_Open_driven_by_Innova_2019/register
https://udisclive.com/live/sfopen2019?TournID=39807

https://www.dgpt.com/san-francisco-open-spectator-info.html
2018 Pro Tour TDs of the Year, Sean Jack and Shawn Mercy are sure to put on another amazing event and they have set a very high bar for inaugural events (Portland, we are looking at you). In addition to being well placed in the schedule, taking advantage of the vibrant disc golf scene, and the tremendous opportunities in the city, the San Francisco Open promises to be an amazing event to watch.

On January 30, 1847, Lt. Bartlett's proclamation changing the name Yerba Buena to San Francisco took effect. The city and the rest of California officially became American in 1848 by the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which ended the Mexican–American War. From May 10th to 12th, we will add another line to the city's star studded history.

Can't wait! Last year was awesome and I'll be flying up again.

Hmm... has anyone ever been DQ'd just for receiving a player pack?

:D

You can't give out cannabis product for free in CA since legalization anyway, and it has to be bought in a dispensary if it has THC. CBD products you can buy anywhere these days.

I know it was a joke but TMYK and all.

This is not smart.

Grow the weed not the sport right? Sorry I just don't get how your main sponsor is a thc vape dispenser. I have done it in the past and I have no issues with weed or using it at all. But this just seems like a bad idea. Obviously I might be in the minority, but just add that to the list with DGPT lately.

Grow the weed not the sport right? Sorry I just don't get how your main sponsor is a thc vape dispenser. I have done it in the past and I have no issues with weed or using it at all. But this just seems like a bad idea. Obviously I might be in the minority, but just add that to the list with DGPT lately.

I don't think DGPT would have made that call.

We are almost to a point where the country is mature enough to have an open discussion about the use of weed.

As a scientist, I am acutely aware that weed has much fewer harmful side effects than alcohol, and a whole lot of potential benefits. I've seen numerous alcohol sponsored disc golf tournaments, and a huge amount of alcohol sponsorship of sporting events per se. If we're being honest about it, setting aside the propaganda put out by breweries and pharmaceuticals, I see no reason not to accept this sponsor and take what we can get gladly.

Please don't flame the commentator, he knows not what he does but was raised in the hinterlands of Oregon, where the #1 cash crop was not timber... but weed.

DGPT and PDGA weren't on board at first. This was done at a local level.

Other than the (antiquated) stigma, why should the TD not accept a check for title sponsorship from this massive cannabis company, of which Abx is their flagship brand?

Was playing a tournament in Summit County, CO last year and went to check in at tourney central. The TD said, grab a shirt, jar, and 2 discs.

I said, what are the jars for? He said, well I guess you could put marbles in it. Everyone at the table laughed and it took me a few seconds.

Ahhh.

DGPT and PDGA weren't on board at first. This was done at a local level.

Other than the (antiquated) stigma, why should the TD not accept a check for title sponsorship from this massive cannabis company, of which Abx is their flagship brand?

The rest of the country is slowly, or maybe quickly if you think about where we were in say 1987, with those of us living in cannabis-legal states where shockingly, life went on just like before only better after full legalization.

The rest of the country is slowly, or maybe quickly if you think about where we were in say 1987, with those of us living in cannabis-legal states where shockingly, life went on just like before only better after full legalization.

And now, in understandable english:

The rest of the country is slowly (or maybe quickly if you think about where we were in 1987) catching up with those of us living in cannabis-legal states. Shockingly, life after legalization went on here just like before, only better.

Yea, I can relate there. I hate when I come across an incoherent mess I posted before...;) Usually its something I edited but forgot to cut out something.

And now, in understandable english:

The rest of the country is slowly (or maybe quickly if you think about where we were in 1987) catching up with those of us living in cannabis-legal states. Shockingly, life after legalization went on here just like before, only better.

Bingo. My life didn't change.

Actually the Farm Bill might have had a more immediate, direct impact - because now you can buy CBD products in far more places.

MVP Disc Sports has stepped up to bring the live coverage of the AbsoluteXtracts presents the San Francisco Open driven by Innova to YouTube. You can read more on our site and get ready to watch Friday-Sunday at noon ET for FPO and 6:30pm ET for the MPO.

Next day post pro...

MPO1- Par Save Productions

Ricky
Paul
Eagle
Seppo

MPO2- CCDG

Calvin
GG
Oakley
Jeff Faes

FPO1- ParSave