• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT San Francisco Open

I have a new drinking game. Every time a pro foot faults you drink. You might just wind up passed out. :)

Pace of play was really bad on the live broadcast yesterday. They seem to have started early for some strange reason, and encountered numerous backups which led to lots of filler material and shots of the second to last card, which was of interest only to their friends and family.

Third year in and this is still an issue, unfortunately-can't continues if they want truly live broadcasts to become popular. Other than that, I thought it was a good effort with a generally clear signal and good commentary.

Agreed. I don't know why they went off early. But it honestly wouldn't have mattered if they waited 10 min. Plus the mixed cards put lower rated players in front for a few holes that slowed a few cards down.

Today we have adjusted and put MORE time between the last few cards and are starting a bit later. Should be pretty smooth.

It's an interesting notion to set the cards for speed of play. While I admit some of the filler is too long, no single piece bothers me.

Looks like it´s time for Paige to loose, so far everything Hokom does works. . momentum

Is this the same course where Nikko Locastro hosted some tournaments that were filmed and shown by Pure Hyzer Productions? Some holes look familiar, but they were doing renovations at that earlier time...

Gotta love disc golf. The guy who's in last place right now is a 852 rated Intermediate player. It's pretty cool, and crazy at the same time, that Ams who have no business playing MPO...are allowed to play MPO.

No offense to the guy, but I just hope that a real pro didn't miss this tourney because he took the registration spot.

Yea, I just hope she can keep it together tomorrow. Go Sarah.

I should also add on to my last post that it's ironic that if it wasn't for guys like that playing, there'd be no prize money for the top players. We do play a strange game.

Gotta love disc golf. The guy who's in last place right now is a 852 rated Intermediate player. It's pretty cool, and crazy at the same time, that Ams who have no business playing MPO...are allowed to play MPO.

No offense to the guy, but I just hope that a real pro didn't miss this tourney because he took the registration spot.

if you can't/won't test the waters how can you ever move forward? i say more power to him for balls and his timely registration. JMHO

Nikko signed up and didn't show... I would be more mad about a pro missing out on a spot for that...

Really? Yea, that would suck if you missed out for someone who didn't play. But maybe Nikko had a good reason. Who knows.

if you can't/won't test the waters how can you ever move forward? i say more power to him for balls and his timely registration. JMHO

I'm not necessarily against him playing, I just think it's interesting that we can do that sort of thing in disc golf. As far as testing the waters, he could also do that at other events, or in Advanced.