• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT WTF

sidewinder22

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Steve Dodge wants to make a video series of this garbage? :sick:

this video is the biggest hindsight piece of trash ever. they made this as if paige knew the final round was going to be cancelled and that was the last hole of the tournament. she played it like there were 18 more holes to go.

Although it is hindsight, this is the first attempt at this type of editing. It's not bad and does accurately tell the story of what happened. I think a narrator would be a better option (in hindsight)... ;-)

Coulda won if she didnt screw up
Woulda won if she didnt screw up
Shoulda won, but she screwed up

Wow that's deep.

Two things:
1) If anything, DGPT is highlighting why they should make provisions to actually finish tournaments in these situations.
2) Ricky really wanted to play in that weather?

This is the first I've seen of those conditions. Wow, that was some rain.

As far as the video, people didn't like it, and are letting DGPT have it. Gotta say I'm not a fan either.

They had one of these for that blow up Simon had not to long ago. Cant remember which event it was at, Jonesboro maybe? They showed it a couple times before and during the Utah coverage.

JC! Hot Take City!

I kinda wanna like Steve Dodge for some reason, but I can't for the most part. He's pretty loser-y right? Is he directly responsible for this?

No one buys Vibram anyways or I'd say go that route. Not sure how to properly retaliate, but someone should pay for garbage like this, *WITH* PP's name attached to it as well as sponsors..

My hot take: this is Steve Dodge's last stand(s) before hopefully fading away to just a memory..

JC! Hot Take City!

I kinda wanna like Steve Dodge for some reason, but I can't for the most part. He's pretty loser-y right? Is he directly responsible for this?

No one buys Vibram anyways or I'd say go that route. Not sure how to properly retaliate, but someone should pay for garbage like this, *WITH* PP's name attached to it as well as sponsors..

My hot take: this is Steve Dodge's last stand(s) before hopefully fading away to just a memory..

I would imagine any official video taken at the event is fair game for the tour and/or event promoters to use as they see fit. Is it kinda a **** move? Maybe

I've played in rain like that (or worse) a few times, but I didn't enjoy it. Once, I could barely see the basket on a 226' hole.

I like how quick DGPT (the YouTube channel) is to blame Steve Dodge for this.

they made this as if paige knew the final round was going to be cancelled and that was the last hole of the tournament.

I guess I'm a bit thick on this, because I've seen other comments like this too. Can you explain what part of the video makes you think that? Because the only thing I get from this video is:

PP coulda won if she made a putt.
PP woulda won if she made a putt.
PP shoulda won but she didn't make a putt.

"Everyone pars 18, which means 17 will decide the champion."

So because everyone is guaranteed to par the last hole, no questions because the future is known, the hole before it will crown the champion.

So if she could have known that the final round would be cancelled, and that the last hole didn't matter, and what everyone else would score on 17, then she shouldn't have thrown that cut roller? Or she should have known to get up and down? Or she should have known not to go long on that first putt? Then she would have won?

IMO the series concept isn't an inherently bad idea, that feeling is well known to a wide range of golfers, but things that could be perceived as negative require really careful and precise timing and tone. I don't think most of the negative reactions are actually toward the intent to tell that story, but rather those other 2 elements. If I were consulted, I'd suggest that a more empathetic tone (maybe as a narration) rather than the cold reality of facts over text would win the audience over more. Numbers are rarely dramatic, the "how" and "why" behind the numbers is where the gold is.

Just my unasked for .02

Latest posts